What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 am

I'm playing through dragon quest heroes: rocket slime on ds.
About 6 hours in so far and it's really good fun.

dste

Post by dste » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 am
I'm playing through dragon quest heroes: rocket slime on ds.
About 6 hours in so far and it's really good fun.
A DS game that I'm not familiar with. Had a quick look and seems right up my street, price is off-putting though unfortunately.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Started my import copy of Yakuza Kiwami 2 this week. Its excellent, nice to see Yakuza 2 get a new coat of paint and a lot of new content. I can see this one taking me quite a long time to complete as it'll be something I do everything in!

Also spent the day playing Son Son II through on the PC Engine. Its a nice little platformer by Capcom and its actually deceptively difficult (the first level is fairly straight forward, the later levels... not so much!) Took me a while to get the hang of the best order to do certain things to be as powered up as possible but in the end I managed to clear the game without too many problems! Not the best Capcom platformer out there, but definitely a fun hidden gem worth tracking down if your a fan of the genre.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

dste

Post by dste » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:07 pm

The Darkness II.

Really didn't like the first one so only really tried this to see what was like before getting rid. Turns out it's massively better than the first.

Only played around an hour and enjoying it a hell of a lot more.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:09 am

Injustice: Gods Among Us Button mashed my way through the opening chapters last night. Love the characters, presentation and over-the-top moves, great fun. :D
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

batman877

Post by batman877 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:19 am

During the Christmas break I'm playing through a few local multiplayer titles on the PS4... Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, Trivial Pursuit Live, Monopoly Plus etc.

In bed I'm working my way through Luigi's Mansion 2 and the new Mario Party Top 100 on 3DS! :D

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Cannon Fodder
Super Monaco GP
Wrestle War

All on the Mega Drive :D 8) :D
Press Play On Tape

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:40 pm

Defender on Atari XL. Great conversion. Too much rocket league and Bulletstorm full clip edition on PS4

dste

Post by dste » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Dead Rising.

Played it for about an hour last night and wasn't really feeling it, thought it was a bit boring. Put it on tonight to find that had forgotten to save to basically lost my data. Couldn't be bothered to start again to have put it on the to get rid off pile.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

Back in Time Sime

Post by Back in Time Sime » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:32 am

They are Billions on Steam, wow its so hard its unreal, you build up a nice base and then 10 seconds latter its all over... drives you mad, just mad enough though to have another go...
Check out my weekly YouTube retro game show - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjX19c ... uvebRWBoxw

dste

Post by dste » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:20 am

Tomb Raider: Underworld on the 360.

Was going to start an RPG but went for this instead. Played for an hour odd and seems OK so far.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:55 am

Outside of some MMOs that I'm dabbing in, I'm also playing some SCUMM stuff (remakes mostly) and Ultima IX. I must say I feel that Ultima IX is highly under-rated as it got a lot of criticism just because it wasn't like the previous games, but it's actually the most enjoyable in the series if you ask me. It's also way better than The Witcher, which I also tried a bit, but while the game looked a lot more modern, it felt more like a advanced action game rather than a more adventure-focused role-playing game like Ultima IX. It's that sort of "old-school" design that I appreciate more than just a spectacle. (dropped Wizardry 8 though, it's a bit too frustrating for me)

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:04 pm

"Newer Super Mario Bros" on Nintendo DS, by the "newerteam" who brought us "Newer Super Mario Bros Wii".

Obviously not an official Ninty title, but I've been following the developments on both Wii and DS "Newer" titles for a while on youtube and some forums with much interest being a nintendo fanboy that I am. Really great homebrew stuff that retains the charm and playability of the games they are based on (lots of re-used assets, but done wisely, along with plenty of original stuff and music in there), and really could pass as legit sequels. You can also switch between Mario and Luigi this time round, with the control/physics differences between the two characters that you would expect.

The Wii NewerSMB came out a while ago, but this DS one was released (free of charge of course) right at the end of last month. If you're a 2D mazza fan, both are worth checking out. Just need a hacked Wii or an R4 card for the DS.

Retrogamer mag should consider covering it! :)

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:01 pm

Mostly Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Switch, and Resident Evil Revelations Raid Mode on the Wii U.

Raid Mode is actually quite an addicting challenge, it's got that "just one more try" quality about it.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:36 am

More Nioh and Yakuza Kiwami 2. Almost done with the DLC on Nioh now, also working on unlocking higher difficulty levels for more trophies. I've spent 55 hours on Yakuza 2 now, I think I'll focus mainly on the story and hit up the side stuff I'm short via the premium adventure mode now as I've done most of what needs doing. Its really good as well, really pleased with the remake but most of all now I really want to replay the late game set pieces in the new graphics/fighting engine!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*