What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

stayAwhile

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:51 pm

playing some vr stuff but only for an hour or 2 a day apart from that mgsv,wwe 2k17 and ufc2 are main games
This guy are sick

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Trying to juggle 3 games at the mo:

Prof. Layton: Pandora's Box
Metroid Samus Returns
Mario Kart 7
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DragnDave

Post by DragnDave » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:58 am

Currently playing a private server of an old MMO called The Realm. Came out in the mid 90's. Pretty fun so far. http://mistwalkers.wikia.com/wiki/MistWalkers_Wiki if anyone wants to check it out

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Finally had chance to break open FF12 the zodiac age. Game looks lovely and the speed up button is great for grind levelling up.

My gripe is the job based license system. Seems much more limiting then the original but I guess I'll need to give it time as I am still right near the beginning.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:48 pm

Playing quite a bit of Nioh recently. Its an incredibly solid action game that I can easily play for hours (mainly due to my nature of playing each level insanely slowly, being very careful of enemy ambushes). Quite surprising to see such a strong action game come from the same studio that made Ninja Gaiden 3 last gen, that game was awful compared to Nioh (or compared to pretty much any action game released...)

Also put more time into DJ Max Respect on the PS4. Finally got my freestyle combo up to 900,000. Almost reached that 1 mil mark for the trophy! But really its just been fun playing all the songs and getting half decent at them. Now the DLC has been released and I'm playing the heck out of that. Mission mode is pure evil though, some of the handicaps the game chucks at you are borderline unfair! Doesn't stop me from continually returning to the game though!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:49 am

Playing Jeff Minters Polybiius in 3D on PS4. Great for a quick few sessions ever now and then

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:22 pm

Rodea The Sky Soldier (Wii U)

picked this up new for about 10€ and it's one of the worst pieces of s*** i've ever played

the game itself (enemies, level design) aren' difficult but boy, do the control scheme and camera sink the game

i can deal with the fact it looks like a PS2 game, but the playability is almost broken

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:08 am

Speccy: Crystal Castles, Postman Pat 2, Minder
Mega Drive: After Burner II, Technocop, Shadow Dancer

:D 8) :D
Press Play On Tape

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:12 pm

I ordered Superstar Saga, not played the original despite owning it for some time now. :oops:

I'm reading Mystery Journey is decent but not as great as the previous games. My firend at work got it so I'll be interested to see what she thinks as she's a huge Layton fan and was gutted when that series ended.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:34 pm

Grim Dawn - This is the best Diablo clone in years! It starts off easy enough but becomes quite challenging from Act 2 on-wards. There is a ton of good loot, excellent visuals and animations and very very addictive gameplay. I give it a 9 out of 10.

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:21 pm

WW2 Online. It's 16 years old and still perless in what it does, namely being a realistic battlefield simulator with thousands of players across a real-life sized map and battles that take place in real-time. It's basically the anti-thesis of the modern, hand-holdy, forgiving and arcade-like military shooter as popularized by Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and Battlefield 3.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Finally opened Yakuza Kiwami last night. Played it for about an hour or so. Really enjoyed what I did play and I've barely started it. My only gripe is during one combat scene I had an enemy who just constantly attacked without letting up and the game wouldn't let me punch or block or dodge so I was destined to lose it. Retried and had no issues...seemed a little weird but ah well!

Looking forward to really opening the world up and visiting the arcade for some mini games (even though it has no sega classics)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:23 pm

RetroMartin wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:00 pm
Finally opened Yakuza Kiwami last night. Played it for about an hour or so. Really enjoyed what I did play and I've barely started it. My only gripe is during one combat scene I had an enemy who just constantly attacked without letting up and the game wouldn't let me punch or block or dodge so I was destined to lose it. Retried and had no issues...seemed a little weird but ah well!

Looking forward to really opening the world up and visiting the arcade for some mini games (even though it has no sega classics)
I know this wasn't the case in that fight, but watch out for items called "charismatic biography" or something similar. Some armor items increase the aggressiveness of the enemies like that, and it gets pretty darn dangerous as they all dogpile on you at the same time! Strange that this happened to you early on though, that sounds like a mid game issue where enemies get more aggressive but you've not fleshed out your combat just enough to deal with them sufficiently. Thankfully you can get some pretty awesome counters that mess people up good!

And yeah, Kiwami's arcade is bizarrely poor. You look at Yakuza 0 at that gives you Outrun, Super Hang On, Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone. Then 6 (released after Kiwami) thankfully gives you all the 0 games, Puyo Puyo and Virtua Fighter 5 FS to play. The remake of Yakuza 2 is looking amazing as well, that one gives you Virtua Fighter 2 (again, it was in 5) alongside Virtual On to play in the arcade.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:27 pm

getting quite a few little games

BEAT COP is nice, not played that too much but it is involving
PRISON ARCHITECT is another one, darkly funny
latest one is the BRILLIANT ..... PARTY HARD!

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:15 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:23 pm
RetroMartin wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:00 pm

I know this wasn't the case in that fight, but watch out for items called "charismatic biography" or something similar. Some armor items increase the aggressiveness of the enemies like that, and it gets pretty darn dangerous as they all dogpile on you at the same time! Strange that this happened to you early on though, that sounds like a mid game issue where enemies get more aggressive but you've not fleshed out your combat just enough to deal with them sufficiently. Thankfully you can get some pretty awesome counters that mess people up good!

And yeah, Kiwami's arcade is bizarrely poor. You look at Yakuza 0 at that gives you Outrun, Super Hang On, Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone. Then 6 (released after Kiwami) thankfully gives you all the 0 games, Puyo Puyo and Virtua Fighter 5 FS to play. The remake of Yakuza 2 is looking amazing as well, that one gives you Virtua Fighter 2 (again, it was in 5) alongside Virtual On to play in the arcade.
Yeah it was a random fight with 3 thugs right after going to Stardust and meeting Shinji in chapter 2 so it was rather strange. Especially for the beginning of the game! I am looking forward to getting zero next then move onto Kiwami 2 once it's finally out. Then I can start on 3-6 which I have 3 and 4 already on PSN ready to go.