What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RetroPlayer
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by RetroPlayer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:11 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
RetroPlayer wrote:Outrun 2 on the original xbox. Loving it.
Picked it up for 50p on Wednesday along with Project Gotham racing and Amped 2, also 50p each. :)
Original Xbox is a collectors dream IMO.

Solid console, HDD built in, Component lead support, and a host of great games that can be bought really really cheap.

Exclusives like PGR, Rallisport challenge, Crimson Skies, Gun Valkrye, Toe jam and earl 3, Crazy TAxi 3, Panzer dragoon orta etc.

Totally agree RodimusPrime,
Pickup the console last year for £25 and have been picking up games very cheaply ever since.
So far I've collected -
Outrun 2
Amped 2
PGR
GTA Collection
Rallysport Challenge 1 & 2
Capcom Fighting Jam
Halo 1 & 2
Mortal Kombat Deception
Colin McRae Rally 04
Forza Motorsport

Really enjoying the system. Never owned one back in the day, as I was a PS2 fanatic.
The games are still ridiculously cheap, so a great system to collect for at the moment. :)

stayAwhile
Posts: 1880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:01 am

Xbox also has some of the best wwe games I hope this rumour about Xbox originals on xb1 is true
This guy are sick

User avatar
theantmeister
Posts: 3440
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 am

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by theantmeister » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:04 am

Don't forget to remove the ticking time bomb from your Xboxes!

http://myoriginalxbox.weebly.com/capacitor-removal.html

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:25 am

theantmeister wrote:Don't forget to remove the ticking time bomb from your Xboxes!

http://myoriginalxbox.weebly.com/capacitor-removal.html

I did mine myself. surprisingly simple to do.

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8018
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by gman72 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:44 pm

My modded conOps8 console has the clock cap removed but my crystal doesn't :(
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
aztecca
Posts: 5216
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by aztecca » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:48 pm

gman72 wrote:My modded conOps8 console has the clock cap removed but my crystal doesn't :(

Im 99.9% sure all crystals are version 1.6 xboxs so you wont have any clock cap issues gman.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8018
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by gman72 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:35 pm

aztecca wrote:
gman72 wrote:My modded conOps8 console has the clock cap removed but my crystal doesn't :(

Im 99.9% sure all crystals are version 1.6 xboxs so you wont have any clock cap issues gman.
Oh, cool.
What games you into at the moment, aztecca?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
The Beans
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by The Beans » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Trove on Xbox One.

I've had a fairly decent time with Free To Play stuff on the Xbox One. Neverwinter, Gems Of War and Star Trek Online all kept me enjoyably occupied for lengths of time that many triple-A titles rarely manage these days. The fact none of that gaming time cost me a penny is one of the more amazing things about modern gaming.
Trove is by far my favourite. I'm 90+ hours in. I like the voxel art style. I like the easy arcade rpg combat and mild 3D platforming. I like the looting and the crafting. I like the Minecraft-lite elements. I like the overwhelming amount of ... stuff. There's a whole lot of stuff. The stuff just keeps on coming. Even the grind isn't particularly harsh because it's a nice game to play. Maybe I'm just used to it after so many japanese rpgs over the years.
Mostly, I like Trove because it's a cheerful and colourful experience where you can set your own pace and tailor your own experience to a very large degree.

Trove is the first Free To Play game I might actually spend some significant money on.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14969
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Well I've finally given Street Fighter V a whirl and my current feeling towards it is one of being conflicted. On one hand, it looks amazing and I'm loving the new mechanics. Rainbow Mika is just such fun to play as and I'm glad that I've got Cammy and Akuma too as they are two of my other Street Fighter 'mains'.

But on the other hand, it's clearly just a big load of F2P snuck out on a disc as a "retail release". Even now after all the updates and additions (it took me several days to download it all such was the size of the update file!), it still feels like a barren game with an offline side that is nothing short of a disgrace. Clearly all Capcom gave a monkey's about was the online and appealing to tourney types. Regrettably I no longer have the sort of time to properly master characters so online would be a waste of time for me. I'm certainly not buying PS+ just for this one game in any case. I really can't see why they didn't include a simple arcade mode or some other stuff. Luckily 'Survival' is a reasonable substitute and gives me something to do but I'll never earn enough in-game currency to buy stuff so I've fell into Capcom's trap and paid real money for Akuma and a couple of alt costumes. Good job I got the game cheap then and didn't pay £50 on launch.

Great game to play; awful execution. On balance I enjoy KOF XIV and DOA5:LR a lot more. I have Mortal Kombat XL waiting to be played as well so it will be interesting to see how that stacks up.

Here's hoping they don't bugger up MvC Infinity like SFV!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
the_hawk
Posts: 5847
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by the_hawk » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:34 pm

Watching the kids play Skylanders Imaginators for most of the afternoon...they had so much damn fun, reminds me of how much I loved playing Spectrum & Atari games at that age. Just blasting stuff & laughing loads.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

User avatar
Black Ridge
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:24 pm

Megamixer wrote:Well I've finally given Street Fighter V a whirl and my current feeling towards it is one of being conflicted. On one hand, it looks amazing and I'm loving the new mechanics. Rainbow Mika is just such fun to play as and I'm glad that I've got Cammy and Akuma too as they are two of my other Street Fighter 'mains'.

But on the other hand, it's clearly just a big load of F2P snuck out on a disc as a "retail release". Even now after all the updates and additions (it took me several days to download it all such was the size of the update file!), it still feels like a barren game with an offline side that is nothing short of a disgrace. Clearly all Capcom gave a monkey's about was the online and appealing to tourney types. Regrettably I no longer have the sort of time to properly master characters so online would be a waste of time for me. I'm certainly not buying PS+ just for this one game in any case. I really can't see why they didn't include a simple arcade mode or some other stuff. Luckily 'Survival' is a reasonable substitute and gives me something to do but I'll never earn enough in-game currency to buy stuff so I've fell into Capcom's trap and paid real money for Akuma and a couple of alt costumes. Good job I got the game cheap then and didn't pay £50 on launch.

Great game to play; awful execution. On balance I enjoy KOF XIV and DOA5:LR a lot more. I have Mortal Kombat XL waiting to be played as well so it will be interesting to see how that stacks up.

Here's hoping they don't bugger up MvC Infinity like SFV!
Play through the quick character story chapters and that well net you enough in game currency for a few dlc bits. Keep an eye on the challenges available and also the trials for each character. A lot of them are quite easy

Mortal Kombat XL has a LOT of content. Such a huge amount of things to do and unlock if you like that sort of thing. As another recommendation, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev can be picked up for under £12 now too, well worth a look :wink:

User avatar
Sel Feena
Posts: 3518
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:45 am

Never did complete Gravity Rush, so I'm working through that now. So much fun, and Kat is a great character, but Jesus Christ the stealth bits I've run into so far kill the flow dead. Hope there aren't many more of them.
Image

User avatar
theantmeister
Posts: 3440
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 am

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by theantmeister » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:42 am

Playing The Last Guardian at the moment, which is just incredible. Some of the set pieces are jaw dropping.

Also playing the original Fallout on my laptop. Is it just me, or is this a lot harder than the later Bethesda Fallouts? I can't believe a rat killed me!

And finally, I'm playing a bit of Wik and the fable of souls on PC. I bought it ages ago after trying the 360 version - not realising that the PC version is horribly crippled due to a terrible mouse-based control scheme. Still a fun little distraction, I suppose.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14969
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:35 pm

Black Ridge wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Well I've finally given Street Fighter V a whirl and my current feeling towards it is one of being conflicted. On one hand, it looks amazing and I'm loving the new mechanics. Rainbow Mika is just such fun to play as and I'm glad that I've got Cammy and Akuma too as they are two of my other Street Fighter 'mains'.

But on the other hand, it's clearly just a big load of F2P snuck out on a disc as a "retail release". Even now after all the updates and additions (it took me several days to download it all such was the size of the update file!), it still feels like a barren game with an offline side that is nothing short of a disgrace. Clearly all Capcom gave a monkey's about was the online and appealing to tourney types. Regrettably I no longer have the sort of time to properly master characters so online would be a waste of time for me. I'm certainly not buying PS+ just for this one game in any case. I really can't see why they didn't include a simple arcade mode or some other stuff. Luckily 'Survival' is a reasonable substitute and gives me something to do but I'll never earn enough in-game currency to buy stuff so I've fell into Capcom's trap and paid real money for Akuma and a couple of alt costumes. Good job I got the game cheap then and didn't pay £50 on launch.

Great game to play; awful execution. On balance I enjoy KOF XIV and DOA5:LR a lot more. I have Mortal Kombat XL waiting to be played as well so it will be interesting to see how that stacks up.

Here's hoping they don't bugger up MvC Infinity like SFV!
Play through the quick character story chapters and that well net you enough in game currency for a few dlc bits. Keep an eye on the challenges available and also the trials for each character. A lot of them are quite easy

Mortal Kombat XL has a LOT of content. Such a huge amount of things to do and unlock if you like that sort of thing. As another recommendation, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev can be picked up for under £12 now too, well worth a look :wink:
Yeah I did clear a few of the challenges right away yesterday. I think I beat two of them plus Survival on Easy and I have about 37,000 in-game currency at the moment. 'Normal' Survival is going alright for me at the moment until around battle 27-28 when I've been getting beaten. Something to do anyway at least! I just have a deep suspicion that they left out single-player stuff on purpose rather than due to time constraints or else they'd have patched something in by now. I'll have to give the story a go; for some reason I thought it made you play as characters I don't want to/know how to use (like Soul Calibur V or DOA5so that's why I haven't touched it yet.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
samhain81
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:02 am
Location: Hazuki Residence

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by samhain81 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Black Ridge wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Well I've finally given Street Fighter V a whirl and my current feeling towards it is one of being conflicted. On one hand, it looks amazing and I'm loving the new mechanics. Rainbow Mika is just such fun to play as and I'm glad that I've got Cammy and Akuma too as they are two of my other Street Fighter 'mains'.

But on the other hand, it's clearly just a big load of F2P snuck out on a disc as a "retail release". Even now after all the updates and additions (it took me several days to download it all such was the size of the update file!), it still feels like a barren game with an offline side that is nothing short of a disgrace. Clearly all Capcom gave a monkey's about was the online and appealing to tourney types. Regrettably I no longer have the sort of time to properly master characters so online would be a waste of time for me. I'm certainly not buying PS+ just for this one game in any case. I really can't see why they didn't include a simple arcade mode or some other stuff. Luckily 'Survival' is a reasonable substitute and gives me something to do but I'll never earn enough in-game currency to buy stuff so I've fell into Capcom's trap and paid real money for Akuma and a couple of alt costumes. Good job I got the game cheap then and didn't pay £50 on launch.

Great game to play; awful execution. On balance I enjoy KOF XIV and DOA5:LR a lot more. I have Mortal Kombat XL waiting to be played as well so it will be interesting to see how that stacks up.

Here's hoping they don't bugger up MvC Infinity like SFV!
Play through the quick character story chapters and that well net you enough in game currency for a few dlc bits. Keep an eye on the challenges available and also the trials for each character. A lot of them are quite easy

Mortal Kombat XL has a LOT of content. Such a huge amount of things to do and unlock if you like that sort of thing. As another recommendation, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev can be picked up for under £12 now too, well worth a look :wink:
Yeah I did clear a few of the challenges right away yesterday. I think I beat two of them plus Survival on Easy and I have about 37,000 in-game currency at the moment. 'Normal' Survival is going alright for me at the moment until around battle 27-28 when I've been getting beaten. Something to do anyway at least! I just have a deep suspicion that they left out single-player stuff on purpose rather than due to time constraints or else they'd have patched something in by now. I'll have to give the story a go; for some reason I thought it made you play as characters I don't want to/know how to use (like Soul Calibur V or DOA5so that's why I haven't touched it yet.
Hit me up on ps4 for MKXL , and I have been playing that game for some time since launch so happy to play with you online for some fun , if you don't fancy getting rekt online by the pros online.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests