What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

greenberet79

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:23 am

English Invader wrote:
greenberet79 wrote:Vice City (Android). I'm taking this to my coffin when I die :lol:
Wow, you can really get games as advanced as Vice City on a smartphone now? :shock:

I recently revisited the game on PC through Wine (runs flawlessly). So addictive.
You can indeed. Think it was £3.99. It's a really good "conversion". They've spruced up the graphics and it all looks lovely. It's a bit daunting starting over form the beginning though.

Not sure about the controls either - I use a Bluetooth controller which runs perfectly.

It also takes up 1.5gb of memory storage on the phone, and I have to run it through Internal, can't put it on the external memory card :(
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:56 am

greenberet79 wrote:
You can indeed. Think it was £3.99. It's a really good "conversion". They've spruced up the graphics and it all looks lovely. It's a bit daunting starting over form the beginning though.

Not sure about the controls either - I use a Bluetooth controller which runs perfectly.

It also takes up 1.5gb of memory storage on the phone, and I have to run it through Internal, can't put it on the external memory card :(
The last time I bought a mobile phone the go-to game was Snake. Last mobile I bought was 2002 and haven't used one since 2010. Hate the things.

It only took me a couple of days to get back up to speed with Vice City. Once you kill Diaz and take over his protection ring everything else takes care of itself. The film studio missions are a lot of fun.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:26 am

Smartphones are amazing, I highly recommend them! (This is from someone who opted out of mobile phones for a couple of years, then opted out of smartphones and went basic).

Mine cost £159 outright, and I'm on a monthly rolling contract of £10 with 4gb of data.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:57 pm

Currently just gone through the secret of monkey island again after beating tales and have now started up lechucks revenge.

Caught a few new pokemon on P GO also but nothing fancy and im out of pokeballs with no real chance to hit a pokestop for a while.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

32Bitter

Post by 32Bitter » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:37 pm

Currently playing Mad Max. In this heat it feels as though I am in the wasteland!
10 hours in and I figured out there is a jump button :oops:
Don't think!....Feel!.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:49 pm

More Enslaved

Piggsy is a bit of a prig
Trippy is annoying
So no change there then

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:55 am

Megamixer wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:I swear they messed up the putting...
Frustrating thing is that I seem to assess the gradient of the green slightly wrong and miss my millimetres OR the ball will consistently hit the edge of the hole, roll around the edge a bit then shoot over the other side. A few instances of this happening immediately wrecks any chance of coming 1st in the tournament :(
Mini update: won the golf tournament in absolutely epic (and flukey) style! Was mid-table on the last hole then managed to chip the ball in, hit the flag and it went straight in for an Eagle :D . Won the tournament but still didn't clear the challenge so I'm assuming I also need to hit a certain score? Also nailed Karaoke (really fun) and the Roulette. Polishing off the fishing is next.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:10 pm

The big update for Overwatch dropped last night, so spent a lot of time trying out Ana. Even a crap sniper like me can at least use her as a decent secondary support alongside Lucio or Mercy, she's a lot of fun. The single hero limit in ranked is fantastic, no more boring cheese comps. And D. Va's changes, just wow. She actually feels like a tank now. Lovely. :)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:10 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Megamixer wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:I swear they messed up the putting...
Frustrating thing is that I seem to assess the gradient of the green slightly wrong and miss my millimetres OR the ball will consistently hit the edge of the hole, roll around the edge a bit then shoot over the other side. A few instances of this happening immediately wrecks any chance of coming 1st in the tournament :(
Mini update: won the golf tournament in absolutely epic (and flukey) style! Was mid-table on the last hole then managed to chip the ball in, hit the flag and it went straight in for an Eagle :D . Won the tournament but still didn't clear the challenge so I'm assuming I also need to hit a certain score? Also nailed Karaoke (really fun) and the Roulette. Polishing off the fishing is next.

I had a similar fluke in Yakuza 3 - you had to get a -5 par score in the tournament, and I was entering the last hole and thought I had no chance to win. Then I got really fluky and got an eagle :lol: Makes me wonder if you need to do similar in 4 - i.e. getting a set score in the tournament rather than simply winning it. I've only played Yakuza 4 once many years ago so I forget what the completion requirements for it were.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:37 pm

about 70% into Dragon Age now

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:28 am

Started King's Quest 6 over the weekend. I was doing surprisingly well, but now I've hit a brick wall. It's funny how it all logically flows along and then they dump you at a dead end with nothing but a feather in your inventory. What the censored am I meant to do with a feather?!

After playing King's Quest 5 though, I'm being incredibly paranoid. That game was so full of dead ends... I agonised for minutes over spending my one and only copper coin, what's the bet I need it later on in the game?

Also, what is the deal with late Sierra games and Arabian themes? Conquests of Camelot, Quest for Glory 2, King's Quest 6 - they all feature minarets and viziers and magic carpets and that same Prince of Persia music. Did Roberta Williams go to Turkey for her holidays that year or something?

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:56 am

Finding Uncharted 4 a little dull. On chapter 10 and while it is a technical marvel just seems a little empty.

Back to Rocket League. I need help! :)

stvd

Post by stvd » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:06 am

After finishing The Last of Us for the 2nd time it was either
Beyond Two Souls or Heavy Rain.

I've went with Beyond Two Souls.
I've been enjoying the story but, to be fair, there's no game there at all bar a couple of button presses.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:16 am

^ The story is good enough, but yeah, the gameplay feels like an afterthought most of the time. Seen people call it Dragon's Lair: Ellen Paige Edition, and honestly mechanically that's pretty accurate in places!

Back to SFV for me, trying to get comfortable whit Chunners and Ibuki. It's not going well so far, R. Mika is still my favourite by a mile.

merman

Post by merman » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Super Win The Game (PC)

Bought through www.indiegamestand.com as a bundle.

J. Kyle Pittman is perhaps best known for You Have To Win The Game, his retro platformer with clever CRT effects. This is the follow-up, heavily inspired by Zelda II.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube