What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

DPrinny

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:12 pm

Live streamed some atari games
Yars revenge, Seahawk, Zaxxon, Double dragon

Needed the game footage for some reviews
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:34 am

picked up Terraria cheap, not sure what to make of it so far, don't know if I will have the time to get the best out of it.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:02 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:picked up Terraria cheap, not sure what to make of it so far, don't know if I will have the time to get the best out of it.
Terraria is great. It's like Minecraft with a point but there is a lot to it for sure. You can lose hours playing it very easily.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:08 pm

First Play of the Game in Overwatch as Mercy, resurrected 3 guys on the point. Quite pleased with myself.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:48 pm

^ Nice!! I've not yet seen a Mercy POTG yet.

Had a great sesh on Overwatch last night, three friends and I absolutely hammered the opposing teams. Control point, Reinhardt shielding the front of the car, bastion in turret mode on the car, mercy healing, mercy buffing, mei interfering and genji protecting. It's a bit of an obvious combo but the poor random teams could do bugger all to stop it :lol:

Played some solo today and got 5 consecutive POTG's with Tracer. Need to use her more often!

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:15 am

If you can get a full group, I've found two teams of Rein, Bast and Mercy can shred unorganised opponents when playing defense. :D

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:29 am

Tried the DOOM 2016 demo, have to put the settings to the point where its pointless but it runs
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:54 am

Sel Feena wrote:First Play of the Game in Overwatch as Mercy, resurrected 3 guys on the point. Quite pleased with myself.
I've had 2 POTG's with Mercy. It's really difficult to get it with her as the game appears to reward kill streaks more than anything else. Rezzed 4 peeps up a couple of days ago but no POTG, however, I then rezzed 2 of our tanks on the capture point and won the game then got POTG.

As a Mercy main, games vary between great to awful depending on my team mates. Many people also don't seem to play the objective, particularly in defend mode, leaving the point empty and fighting way up the map likes its COD. I had an enemy Roadhog just waddle into our last capture point the other day and just stayed there as I desperately tried to get him off it as Mercy. I just had to laugh really as the least stealthiest of the heroes took the game.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:28 am

^ This is pretty much why I don't play support. Ever. I like playing as Mercy but literally no random match-ups know how to effectively use the support you provide. I tend to main Tracer and mess around at the opposing team's spawn point, love providing a distraction. I'm always amazed at just how many enemies wind up following me round in circles, ignoring the objective :lol:

Finally got not one, but two legendries from a loot box yesterday! The Road Hog Island skin (meh) and the TRACER MACH T SKIN. Hell yes :D

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:25 pm

Rayne wrote:^ This is pretty much why I don't play support. Ever. I like playing as Mercy but literally no random match-ups know how to effectively use the support you provide. I tend to main Tracer and mess around at the opposing team's spawn point, love providing a distraction. I'm always amazed at just how many enemies wind up following me round in circles, ignoring the objective :lol:

Finally got not one, but two legendries from a loot box yesterday! The Road Hog Island skin (meh) and the TRACER MACH T SKIN. Hell yes :D
Let's have another Rocket League this weekend mate. Some new arenas and cars available soon!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:31 pm

sscott wrote:
Rayne wrote:^ This is pretty much why I don't play support. Ever. I like playing as Mercy but literally no random match-ups know how to effectively use the support you provide. I tend to main Tracer and mess around at the opposing team's spawn point, love providing a distraction. I'm always amazed at just how many enemies wind up following me round in circles, ignoring the objective :lol:

Let's have another Rocket League this weekend mate. Some new arenas and cars available soon!
Definitely, I should have some time on Friday/Saturday night :)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:00 pm

Played a bit more of N++. Working on the last sets of Expert legacy levels then I'll be done with the game. The levels remain fun and challenging, should hopefully have it finished in time for Mighty No 9 next week.

Other than that I've been playing South Park Stick of Truth on my PS4. I've already completed it before on release, but I'm really enjoying replaying the game again as its held up really well (I don't mind the combat, as simple as it is). Its the story and dialogue that get me, so many good lines (mostly from Cartman and Butters at the moment).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Rayne wrote:
sscott wrote:

Definitely, I should have some time on Friday/Saturday night :)
Excellent. Will pm you when you're on!

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Spelunky, blood rayne betrayal, the longest journey, and gabrial knight sins of the fathers...

I have bought others, but these are what I'm playing... Splurged a bit in the GOG sale. :D
Why not visit my ramblings at Garry's Gaming Blog

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:36 pm

Popped in Divinity Original Sin for the PS4 as I picked it up a while ago and haven't tried it yet, only played 30mins but it seems bloody fantastic!