Page 1511 of 1619

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:42 pm
by outdated_gamer
theantmeister wrote:Warcraft 3. Another game I've started 10 times, but never finished. This time will be different!
It's not so hard, man. :wink:

But do complete it, it's a great game and seemigly also the last proper WarCraft strategy game before the name degenerated into association with MMOs and MOBAs.

I started playing Grand Prix Legends with several mods again. It's a trully timeless racing sim.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:33 am
by gmintyfresh
Dark Souls III - PS4

DARIUS BURST - VITA

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:11 pm
by ShadowMan
Now that I finished Uncharted 4 I've started playing Ryu Ga Gotoku Kiwami for the PS4. Its a remake of the original Yakuza from the PS2, except its using the game engine and fighting engine from Yakuza 0 so its already far better in many regards - it looks better, its running at 60FPS so exploration and battles are silky smooth, the combat is ripped form 0 so you have tons of new moves and stances to use rather than the somewhat janky combat found in the original, you also have tons more heat moves compared to the original game. Plus you've got loads of play spots like Mahjong, Shogi, Karaoke, Darts etc. which were not present in the original game.
The game has also added new bits of story here and there, some explain certain characters motivations better, some just pad out the game, plus the game now has something called "Majima Anywhere" which basically means you'll run into Majima lots of times whether its just exploring the game world, eating at restaurants or at playspots where he'll challenge you to fights. Fighting him levels up your 4th fighting style which starts off completely useless so its really important to fight him as much as possible.

Its hands down the best remake of a game I've played since the Resident Evil Remake for the Gamecube. This isn't just putting the game into a slightly higher definition like other remasters, this has had a lot more care and attention put into it. I can see me spending quite a few hours into the game, but content wise its still got less than later games, I'm already 25% through the game and I've only been playing for 15 or so hours.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:56 pm
by sscott
By those numbers that's still gonna be 60 hrs mate!!

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:23 pm
by ShadowMan
sscott wrote:By those numbers that's still gonna be 60 hrs mate!!
60-100 probably depending how long a couple of the mini games take. Even so, I've made great progress in the Mahjong mini game and finished off the baseball mini game which usually causes me problems so I think I'm doing fairly well time wise so far! I don't mind it being a shorter game though since I have so many others to play, plus with Yakuza 6 still due out this year I'll probably be playing that for a heck of a long time as well!

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:55 pm
by Rayne
DOOM - Two chapters into the campaign + 5 rounds of multiplayer. First impressions are very, very good.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:30 am
by ShadowMan
Rayne wrote:DOOM - Two chapters into the campaign + 5 rounds of multiplayer. First impressions are very, very good.
I'm really looking forward to getting Doom. I won't get it straight away, I want to finish more of my PS4 backlog first, but its one of the games I most want to play.


Meanwhile, I've been playing some of the Uncharted 4 multiplayer mode. Its surprisingly fun when your on a half decent team. I like the pace of the matches, and the fact that you can use the climbing/swinging mechanics from the main game. I doubt I'll put tons of hours into it, but its definitely something I can see me playing from time to time when I have a few spare minutes.


I've also been playing much more of Yakuza on the PS4. After putting a bit of time into the game there are a couple of things I can say I'm not a fan of - While I like the idea of the "Majima anywhere system" - fighting Majima in various scenarios and playing against him in certain playspots I feel he appears far too often. which disrupts the flow of the game. And he's someone you need to fight as its the only way to upgrade one of your fighting styles, at least the upside in all the fights is that you get a ton of XP after beating him!

Also, generally speaking I'm not a fan of the direction they seem to be taking the heat system - requiring you to be in a certain heat state to pull off certain moves (and it was never this way in previous games). I've noticed this steadily creeping into the series more and more since Ishin. Zero was pretty bad in that regard as well, but its worse here as you lose heat so easily. Hopefully I can find an upgrade or item to improve things on my end...

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:47 am
by TwoHeadedBoy
Back to Audiosurf... Except the obsessive part of me's having problems with it because the Last.fm scrobbling feature only seems to work when it wants to, if at all :?

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:53 am
by RetroMartin
ShadowMan wrote:
Rayne wrote:DOOM - Two chapters into the campaign + 5 rounds of multiplayer. First impressions are very, very good.
I'm really looking forward to getting Doom. I won't get it straight away, I want to finish more of my PS4 backlog first, but its one of the games I most want to play.


Meanwhile, I've been playing some of the Uncharted 4 multiplayer mode. Its surprisingly fun when your on a half decent team. I like the pace of the matches, and the fact that you can use the climbing/swinging mechanics from the main game. I doubt I'll put tons of hours into it, but its definitely something I can see me playing from time to time when I have a few spare minutes.


I've also been playing much more of Yakuza on the PS4. After putting a bit of time into the game there are a couple of things I can say I'm not a fan of - While I like the idea of the "Majima anywhere system" - fighting Majima in various scenarios and playing against him in certain playspots I feel he appears far too often. which disrupts the flow of the game. And he's someone you need to fight as its the only way to upgrade one of your fighting styles, at least the upside in all the fights is that you get a ton of XP after beating him!

Also, generally speaking I'm not a fan of the direction they seem to be taking the heat system - requiring you to be in a certain heat state to pull off certain moves (and it was never this way in previous games). I've noticed this steadily creeping into the series more and more since Ishin. Zero was pretty bad in that regard as well, but its worse here as you lose heat so easily. Hopefully I can find an upgrade or item to improve things on my end...
Ive been holding off on picking up yakuza 1 and 2 on ps2 in the hope both the remasters come to the UK so i can just grab the lot for ps3 and 4.

Looking forward to getting home from Germany so i can get on with Uncharted 4. Been playing FF3 DS to while away some of the hours over here!

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:01 am
by Megamixer
ShadowMan wrote:Also, generally speaking I'm not a fan of the direction they seem to be taking the heat system - requiring you to be in a certain heat state to pull off certain moves (and it was never this way in previous games). I've noticed this steadily creeping into the series more and more since Ishin. Zero was pretty bad in that regard as well, but its worse here as you lose heat so easily. Hopefully I can find an upgrade or item to improve things on my end...
I thought the Red Heat moves were bad enough in the older games but at least you could just use a Staminan item to max the gauge out. I tend to only perform the majority of them for completion's sake though. In 4 for example, I found the timing for some of the Heat moves to be so strict that it was impossible to pull them off consistently (especially Saejima's).

Still on Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate and up to Chapter 3 now. I've now added Rachel to my team in the place of Sima Zhao because who doesn't like a dominatrix-styled demon hunter with a massive hammer and insane power? Haven't used the bulk of the characters tbh because I genuinely can't see how you'd ever be levelled high enough if you did save for repeating cleared stages over and over.

Also having a replay of Medievil on the PS1. Such a great game with an awesome art design, excellent music and satisfying gameplay. Up to King Peregrine's castle now with all the chalice's collected thus far. I've never liked this stage due to the time limit at the end where you have to fill + nab the challice and also escape before it blows.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:18 pm
by ShadowMan
Megamixer wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Also, generally speaking I'm not a fan of the direction they seem to be taking the heat system - requiring you to be in a certain heat state to pull off certain moves (and it was never this way in previous games). I've noticed this steadily creeping into the series more and more since Ishin. Zero was pretty bad in that regard as well, but its worse here as you lose heat so easily. Hopefully I can find an upgrade or item to improve things on my end...
I thought the Red Heat moves were bad enough in the older games but at least you could just use a Staminan item to max the gauge out. I tend to only perform the majority of them for completion's sake though. In 4 for example, I found the timing for some of the Heat moves to be so strict that it was impossible to pull them off consistently (especially Saejima's).

Still on Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate and up to Chapter 3 now. I've now added Rachel to my team in the place of Sima Zhao because who doesn't like a dominatrix-styled demon hunter with a massive hammer and insane power? Haven't used the bulk of the characters tbh because I genuinely can't see how you'd ever be levelled high enough if you did save for repeating cleared stages over and over.

Also having a replay of Medievil on the PS1. Such a great game with an awesome art design, excellent music and satisfying gameplay. Up to King Peregrine's castle now with all the chalice's collected thus far. I've never liked this stage due to the time limit at the end where you have to fill + nab the challice and also escape before it blows.
Yeah, maybe the "problem" with heat moves has been there for much longer. I like to perform different heat moves in fights to spice things up - performing only a couple of heat moves would feel like a waste. But there are some that are so incredibly fiddly and specific that they just aren't practical to use in fights. I think I've been pretty lucky in pulling off quite a few in the game so far though. The hardest one so far is anything that requires you to use the heavy style, have at least one enemy on the floor and then throwing another enemy on top of them - enemies are quick to get up in Kiwami unless certain moves are used, and even then good luck pulling off the "grab enemy from behind and throw him on a downed enemy". That one has been frustrating to perform since Yakuza 2!

Regarding levelling in WO3 - there is a menu when your in the hub world where you can select "Distribute Growth Points" to speed level characters. Great for unlocking all their moves quick for sure. You still then need to level their weapons up though, which takes longer depending on the attributes you've fused onto the weapon.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:27 pm
by Megamixer
ShadowMan wrote:Yeah, maybe the "problem" with heat moves has been there for much longer. I like to perform different heat moves in fights to spice things up - performing only a couple of heat moves would feel like a waste. But there are some that are so incredibly fiddly and specific that they just aren't practical to use in fights. I think I've been pretty lucky in pulling off quite a few in the game so far though. The hardest one so far is anything that requires you to use the heavy style, have at least one enemy on the floor and then throwing another enemy on top of them - enemies are quick to get up in Kiwami unless certain moves are used, and even then good luck pulling off the "grab enemy from behind and throw him on a downed enemy". That one has been frustrating to perform since Yakuza 2!
It's the situational ones that I hate such as having to be near defeat (flashing life) and in Red Heat and have a certain number of enemies around you. Not looking forward to achieving 100% on the heat move list in Yakuza 4...I'm subsconsciously putting off I think while I do other things!
ShadowMan wrote: Regarding levelling in WO3 - there is a menu when your in the hub world where you can select "Distribute Growth Points" to speed level characters. Great for unlocking all their moves quick for sure. You still then need to level their weapons up though, which takes longer depending on the attributes you've fused onto the weapon.
Yeah I was using the distribution method quite a bit but my trio are now between Lv50-60 and I've started saving the growth points for any future characters I want to switch in so that I can quickly boost them up. The weapons for my party are all near enough maxed with only 1 or 2 attributes just shy of being at '10'.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:43 pm
by ShadowMan
RetroMartin wrote:
Ive been holding off on picking up yakuza 1 and 2 on ps2 in the hope both the remasters come to the UK so i can just grab the lot for ps3 and 4.

Looking forward to getting home from Germany so i can get on with Uncharted 4. Been playing FF3 DS to while away some of the hours over here!
The time for the PS3 HD ports is long gone in my opinion. With Kiwami existing I'd say easily that should be brought over instead, especially as they tie certain little things into 0's story so it serves as a much better version of 1 than the original PS2 game. That, and it controls so much better, the lock on controls for the PS2/PS3 HD port were really in places plus the fighting is so much more basic compared to the new "Kiwami" version of Yakuza on the PS4.
Hopefully Sega/Atlus will just release the PS4 version of Yakuza 1 after they are done with 0 next year. Its a smaller game and they have the basis of a translation already done from the PS2 port so it should be less effort than usual. I feel confident that Yakuza 2 will get the same treatment next year (in Japan) plus I still hold out hope for a remastered collection on the PS4 of 3-5. That way all the main line games in the series would be on one platform.
Megamixer wrote:
It's the situational ones that I hate such as having to be near defeat (flashing life) and in Red Heat and have a certain number of enemies around you. Not looking forward to achieving 100% on the heat move list in Yakuza 4...I'm subsconsciously putting off I think while I do other things!
Best way of doing the flashing red heat moves is to use items (like worms) to purposely damage yourself, that way you can get the heat moves slightly easier (though still a pain). I managed to 100% the heat moves list on both 2 and 5 which was actually really fun. 2 was a pain to do, as some of those items like the needle and some of the helper heat moves are tough to trigger... plus you have to do them all in 2 else you can't fight the Amon brothers, that game really made you jump through hoops to get the secret bosses!

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:12 pm
by silvergunner
Next game off the pile of shame is X-Com the bureau.

It's default difficulty setting was to hard to enjoy at times. Knocked it down one and it's still a fair challenge but more enjoyable now. Would normally crack on with the harder setting but I have so little time to play stuff these days.

Re: What are you currently playing?

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:18 pm
by Rayne
^I found the same thing, got to the university level with the mech robot thing and gave up. Waaaay too difficult and terrible friendly AI.

Right now I'm playing Hyperdimension Neptunia U, the Dynasty Warriors clone of the series. The gameplay is acceptable but, as usual with Neptunia, it's the visuals and story that steal the show. I'm grinding out lilly ranks which, at best guess, is going to be 15-20 hours of playing the same stage over and over again. Ugh :|