What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

IronMaidenRule

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu May 05, 2016 3:00 pm

RetroMartin wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Battlefield 4 (PS4) - Got a bunch of work mates in a platoon and we play most Friday/Saturday nights, has made the game much more enjoyable and less annoying when you have a group of people working with you to capture flags and destroy things.
I enjoyed BF4, had a couple mates to play it with. I see BF5 has been leaked as WW2 in Russia
Would be nice to have a change of setting for BF, I know everybody got bored of WW2 but modern warfare has been juiced to death now....although I still don't think WW2 fits in with EA's model of having unlocks all over the place so people exchange real money for Battlepacks.....will probably find another way to scam people.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri May 06, 2016 1:05 am

Downloaded the Overwatch Beta. I'm sold, the game looks and plays great. Looking forward to getting the game.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri May 06, 2016 2:30 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Downloaded the Overwatch Beta. I'm sold, the game looks and plays great. Looking forward to getting the game.
After playing the beta I'm going to pass. It's easy on the eye etc but it's way too team orientated for me. Just not my cup of tea these days. I reckon my next big online multi will be Battlefield 5. Stuff like Overwatch doesn't excite me. It's "too" multiplayer, if that makes sense. Got to work with teammates too much to feel like you're making an impact in the game.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:36 pm

Currently grinding on Marvel Heroes after giving it a break

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri May 06, 2016 2:54 pm

The Beans wrote:
Sel Feena wrote:Downloaded the Overwatch Beta. I'm sold, the game looks and plays great. Looking forward to getting the game.
After playing the beta I'm going to pass. It's easy on the eye etc but it's way too team orientated for me. Just not my cup of tea these days. I reckon my next big online multi will be Battlefield 5. Stuff like Overwatch doesn't excite me. It's "too" multiplayer, if that makes sense. Got to work with teammates too much to feel like you're making an impact in the game.
Playing support roles in games especially appeals to me, so that is a big hook from the off. I think with this and Destiny for pure pew-pew action (need to get back to that), I'm covered. As far as coordination goes, I never use mic and honestly had no trouble gelling with other players. Bastion especially is great to just settle down somewhere and hold ground. A Mercy player was following me about and helping, no communication required, just them seeing how their role could help.

Though I would love there to be some kind of SP campaign at some point.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri May 06, 2016 6:22 pm

Right now I'm slowly dipping in and out of Senran Kagura on PS4. Not sure what game to play properly now...Dark Souls looks interesting, as does Tropico 5, Killzone 3 and Lollipop Chainsaw. Or I could just dive straight in to Hyperdimension Neptunia 2. Hmm...

David

Post by David » Sat May 07, 2016 5:14 am

New Super Mario Bros DS

Love it but it seems to be the same music in every level?!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat May 07, 2016 6:30 am

Waiting impatiently for Uncharted 4 to be released, so rather than start Yakuza 1 Remake for the PS4 I'm just continuing on with Warriors Orochi 3. My new team has now clicked, Xu Rong is nice and powerful now thanks to a few weapon upgrades and leveling her up 20 levels in one mission!

I'm also playing through Dead Nation on the Vita, its another game that is perfect for the system thanks to the pick up and play nature of the game. The DLC hoard mode gets pretty hard pretty fast though!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

David

Post by David » Sat May 07, 2016 7:21 am

Some nes games I lived back in the day

Chip n Dale
Duck tales
Mario 3

Wwf wrestlemania challenge is virtually unplayable yet I remember huge crowds of us playing it after school

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:27 am

David wrote:New Super Mario Bros DS

Love it but it seems to be the same music in every level?!
Yeah, its a top game. The music does change, I think. But maybe its like most mario games and only changes after different worlds/zones, or if you are in an underwater or underground level.

I think I slightly prefer the Wii New Mario Bros Game because of the little spin jump that was added (with a wiggle). Love the Mega-Mario power up though on the DS version.

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Sat May 07, 2016 11:02 am

Some Quake II Pro multiplayer. I'm a little rusty at it but it's still fun. Feels like it was 97/98 again... :wink:

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Sat May 07, 2016 12:03 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:
RetroMartin wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Battlefield 4 (PS4) - Got a bunch of work mates in a platoon and we play most Friday/Saturday nights, has made the game much more enjoyable and less annoying when you have a group of people working with you to capture flags and destroy things.
I enjoyed BF4, had a couple mates to play it with. I see BF5 has been leaked as WW2 in Russia
Would be nice to have a change of setting for BF, I know everybody got bored of WW2 but modern warfare has been juiced to death now....although I still don't think WW2 fits in with EA's model of having unlocks all over the place so people exchange real money for Battlepacks.....will probably find another way to scam people.
Our wish is their command now its been confirmed as ww1 setting woohoo!

Been smashing soul calibur 4 lately as ive constantly been at work so had next to no time to do any gaming.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sat May 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Back on the skylanders again :roll:
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat May 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Son is hammering Lego Avengers. He's 7 and these are gentle games that get him into gaming. He's allowed up to 90 mins a day which I think is fair.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sun May 08, 2016 1:11 am

Toejam and earl 3. What the hell did they do to them. What would be an ok 3d standard collect em up is almost completely ruined by overplayed racial stereotypes. I think they would have been better to give them Jay and Silent bob style voice overs rather than this. Or silence. Funk i can live with but this is more hip hop characterisation.

Also for a game with an 11+ rating some of the 'jokes' are a bit too close for my comfort.