What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Rayne » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - This game is pretty much exactly what I expected, an extremely simple and playable action game. The writing is humorous enough for adults and the various Skylanders (I have 6 right now) all feel nice and different to play as. There's way more switching out with this than with something like Disney Infinity but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Look forward to playing more of it soon

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy - This is pretty much the exact same as the previous game Hard Evidence. I just beat the first case, so far it's a nice change of pace from my usual types of game :)

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:41 am

Project Zero 2 : Wii Edition

the graphics betray their PS2 origins but i like them, it's spooky, has a very creepy atmosphere, nothing groundbreaking but all things point to a solid 7/10 game...

except for the atrociously bad controls (especially for the camera), combined with the clunkiness of movement, dragging this down to at least a 5/10 :evil:

it's actually draining out all the fun that i've been having with up until now :cry:

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:58 am

Go fu(k yourself Super Meat Boy, grrrrrrr!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:38 am

sscott wrote:Go fu(k yourself Super Meat Boy, grrrrrrr!
I know that feeling, but you'll love Super Meat Boy if you play 1001 Spikes right after it, which is 1001 times more evil than Meat Boy!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:41 pm

More messing about with my Rhea

The Saturn version of Street fighter zero 3 takes the censored out of the PS1 version.
Next to no load times (slight pause after every fight)
Only downside is World tour mode being a bit of a git due to it being Japanese

Vampire savour runs almost too smoothly and has an English mode

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Put a lot more time into Time and Eternity on PS3 and now I'm really enjoying it. Glad I stuck with it past the dull opening stages. Battles are fun and different from the norm while being easy to understand and I'm appreciating the hand drawn animated graphics a lot more now.
DPrinny wrote:More messing about with my Rhea

The Saturn version of Street fighter zero 3 takes the censored out of the PS1 version.
Next to no load times (slight pause after every fight)
Only downside is World tour mode being a bit of a git due to it being Japanese

Vampire savour runs almost too smoothly and has an English mode
Was this easy to get hold of and set up? Is it a permanent mod on a Saturn? Getting mine 'done' soon with the traditional 50/60Hz and region switches but it couldn't hurt to look at the alternatives :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:39 pm

GDEMU
You have to wait till he puts it up for sale and make sure of your model of Saturn
Take out CD drive, connect cables, play

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:56 pm

DPrinny wrote:GDEMU
You have to wait till he puts it up for sale and make sure of your model of Saturn
Take out CD drive, connect cables, play
Cheers. Think I'll stick with the regular mods. Just thought this might be one of those plug in devices of sorts. Must be perfect for a Saturn with a dead CD drive though.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:59 am

Others are coming
Saroo - Chinese device that plugs into the cart slot coming..............................DUNNO LOL
One that plugs into the VCD card port, coming......................

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:28 am

ShadowMan wrote:
I know that feeling, but you'll love Super Meat Boy if you play 1001 Spikes right after it, which is 1001 times more evil than Meat Boy!
Been tempted to buy 1001 Spikes, but the lives system puts me off a little. Surely to God I've died AT LEAST 1001 times in Meat Boy?!

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:26 am

LAIS wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
Been tempted to buy 1001 Spikes, but the lives system puts me off a little. Surely to God I've died AT LEAST 1001 times in Meat Boy?!
I know for sure I died more than 1001 times trying to get through the "Veni, Vidi, Vici" stage in VVVVVV. Still working my way through Super Meat Boy and I'm fairly sure I've passed 1001 deaths by now.

This weekend I played a lot of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I didn't mean to, it's just, I sat down to play a bit of it and I couldn't stop.

Also found some time to play a bit more Planescape: Torment. There's sooo much to read in that game and I can't help but go through each dialogue option to make sure I get it all.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:27 am

LAIS wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
You can actually buy more lives if you need to, plus every 6th stage is a short stage devoid of obstacles that gives you an artifact that usually gifts you with 100+ lives (most I got was 256 lives in one go). I ended with 900 odd lives left when I got the best ending, but maybe I'm not the best judge of a games difficulty since I love anything like 1001 Spikes, VVVVVV or Meat Boy (and I agree with Antmeister, most of my 250+ deaths in that game were lost in that damn Veni, Vidi, Vici stage as well...)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:24 am

Picked up South Park: The Stick Of Truth on Xbox 360 and Mario Kart DS this morning, should keep me busy.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:31 am

Prince of Persia 2008 - wow this game is beautiful and still holds up 7 years later. I can't believe I didn't pick it up sooner and to think I picked it up for a measly 99pence.

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:06 am

Halo 5, its ok, the graphics are awesome but they have made it feel like any other shooter now. The campaign has been ok so far, the multiplayer is not as good as it used to be.