What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Rayne » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:22 am

Disney Infinity 1.0 - Currently playing through the Incredible's set, it's a lot of fun! I only dabbled with this game with my gf when it was first released, I never had a chance to properly play through it and complete it. Looking forward to giving it a proper go. As always I'm a little disappointed I can't just use any character in any set but for the purposes of balance and gameplay it makes sense.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:56 pm

Forza 6 - thus far what I'd expect from a Forza game, with the night and wet races being especially tense. However, there is one major flaw I've encountered with the Drivatars (AI that are supposed to replicate people's habits), namely that in career there are 1 or 2 who are insanely good and very quickly fly off into an unassailable lead. Had a 5 lap race this morning where I was 35 seconds behind the leader! Only seems to happen in career mode and they are working on a fix, but I have to wonder how something like that got through testing.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Forza 6 - thus far what I'd expect from a Forza game, with the night and wet races being especially tense. However, there is one major flaw I've encountered with the Drivatars (AI that are supposed to replicate people's habits), namely that in career there are 1 or 2 who are insanely good and very quickly fly off into an unassailable lead. Had a 5 lap race this morning where I was 35 seconds behind the leader! Only seems to happen in career mode and they are working on a fix, but I have to wonder how something like that got through testing.

Me too, I am stuck in a situation where I have to have it on easy and have boring races because I end up lapping people, or the alternative is to increase the difficulty and have good tight races with all the drivers bar one drivatar who seems to have developed racing superpowers and leaves everyone for dust. really annoying.

David

Post by David » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:17 pm

Grid 2.

can hardly take a corner without crashing.

why is it so.difficult to control?!?

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:47 pm

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

Finally got around to trying the Wii version, controls took a bit of getting used to but I seem to be good now. Pointing to aim makes the shooting very slick but why isn't the B-trigger shoot? :?

Looking forward to trying the extra content the GC version didn't have, in the mood for a bit of Mercenaries again too once I've unlocked it.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:04 am

On the last colossus in Shadow of the Colossus now. The controls and camera are really starting to get on my tits now.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:26 am

David wrote:Grid 2.

can hardly take a corner without crashing.

why is it so.difficult to control?!?
You need to do a lot of early braking in Grid, you can't just power round corners like it's Ridge Racer. It takes some getting used to.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:58 am

The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - Really enjoying the dark fairytale setting of this story, combined with The Walking Dead and Game Of Thrones games I have played by TellTale, I am very impressed with what they do.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:26 pm

House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut (PS3) - Still as great as it was on the Wii and one of the most quotable games ever. Shame that the Move controller is a bit pants and inaccurate compared to the Wii remote. I've got it all calibrated properly but it seems easier to miss a shot with this. I don't know...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

killbot

Post by killbot » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Pac-Man 2, which was made available on VC today. Never played it before but have reead about it and always been fascinated by the decision to make the only numerical sequel to the first game a point-and-click adventure in which you have to keep Pac in a good mood or he won't do as he's told. It's a bizarre idea and no Monkey Island but it is pretty good fun with a lot of fan service (including the ability to visit an arcade and play the original game).

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:09 am

Star Wars Battlefront (Beta) on the PS4. I'm loving this game so far, so fast paced and arcadey which is right up my alley, and the Battle of Hoth is really awesome to take part in (though hard to stay alive for long!). I'm very tempted to grab it on launch as I've been bowled over on how damn solid the game is so far, matching making is instant and online play is incredibly smooth. I could totally see myself sinking tons of hours into the game if the number of modes/maps is good enough.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:51 am

Devils Third on the Wii U a game I was loving up to a impossible boss fight 'Jane Doe' after an hour off getting 1 hit killed by her I'm beginning to hate it due to this one fight.. Until the offending Boss fight it did everything right, old school scrolling fighter loads of weapons downed enemies weapons are usable, can use the scenery for some really gory kills.. All the guns have loads of Ammo, some really fun set pieces when you take over a plane and use a gattling gun an kill an entire army down.. This bit is like the last rambo film in which the gun cuts there bodies in half.. But then the whole game is like every 80's action movie rolled into one...

The previous boss the Plasticine monster that looked like one of the monsters from the 1980's horror film the gate also had a 1 hit kill(bite's your head off) but at least you could learn its attack patterns.. Jane Doe on the other hand has 2 1 hit kill moves, if you try to attack her up close she just sticks your head in her breasts and pull yours jaw apart whilst making an erotic groaning.. Try and attack her with the gun she takes you down with a leg scissors and 1 hit kills u.. I'm surprised Nintendo allowed Jane..

Shame as I was really enjoying it up to this point, levels are short and checkpoints designed in your favour, and loads of carnage.. Then a boss who kills you in 5 seconds with unavoidable moves...
Last edited by Shinobi on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

David

Post by David » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:52 am

modern warfare 3

the last call of duty game I played properly was cod2 when box 360/was released

wow. I know its mostly linear set pieces, but its bloody impressive

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:36 pm

GP Riptide 2 on PS4, digital download only but absolutely loving it, going for my second platinum on if I have the patience!

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Fifa 16.Have stuck with it and am enjoying it more than I was at first.still preffer 15 though.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink: