What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RetroMartin

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by RetroMartin » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:32 am

Inbetween FF14 ive just completed Parasite Eve 2 and have started R: Revelations which seems good at the mo

PSN username - MartinPhantom

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:27 pm

I've popped off the shrinkwrap on Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and just set up a new character on The Pre-sequel. Looks gorgeous and plays so crisply. Wasn't too sure how much of a step up it would be from the PS3 version, but it just is. I'll be wasting a lot of time on this and Borderlands 2 over the next few months.......
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Just started playing Dishonored on the 360. Done the first main mission and must say I'm quite enjoying it. Especially as the stealth play is not forced on you.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Super Mario Advance 4 via emulation. I've been using a save that lets me play all the exclusive E Reader levels that were not even available in Europe... I still think locking content behind E Reader cards is moronic, what happened to actually unlocking stuff in games using skill?

Anyway, the levels themselves so far have been excellent. They are a mix of Mario 3 (mainly), Mario World and a couple of levels that borrow heavily from Mario 2 USA (vegetables and ladybird enemies from the game).

The levels also seem to have an elevated difficulty level compared to Mario games (well, at least compared to newer Mario games) and this is really pleasant to me. They are fun, challenging and you never know what the next level will hold. I'd jump at either being able to get a complete copy of the game with all the E Reader levels on the cart, or a complete set of E Reader cards but I can't find either unfortunately. Nintendo should totally re-release the game with all the content unlocked, I'd pay for it...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

JoeNTMY

Post by JoeNTMY » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:21 pm

Bought and completed The Order 1886 over the weekend. Although it's short and has little replay value, I thought it was a great game.

jamie_morgan

Post by jamie_morgan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:14 pm

I was playing Trojan Warrior on the C64, then I played Mickie. I am now playing Delta also on my C64.

1500graham

Post by 1500graham » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Master of Magic;
Ghosts and Goblins;
Chuckie Egg.

All C64 - my 10 year old son says they're rubbish but I found out that he's been playing them after school before I get home - instead of his Xbox One.
"Conan, what is best in life?"

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women."

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:23 pm

Ive been replaying Castlevania 64 on my JXD... under rated game in my opinion also picked up DMC for Xbox One as I never played it on the 360... enjoying it so far. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:17 am

gman72 wrote:Ive been replaying Castlevania 64 on my JXD... under rated game in my opinion also picked up DMC for Xbox One as I never played it on the 360... enjoying it so far. :D
Its been a while since you plugged the JXD, I suppose the Easter break they allowed you to take as holiday :P Normal service resumed

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:09 am

Fire pro wrestling returns
Some of the CPU AI is punishing, had a kinda mini feud with Kevin Nash where he did actually wrestle as he does and also beat the cack outa me, only won two out of 5 matches (one due to DQ another via KO)

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:13 am

The free XBone game Pool Nation, the shooting mechanics are not bad and the online play works well, worth downloading if you have Gold.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:38 am

Sephiroth81 wrote:
gman72 wrote:Ive been replaying Castlevania 64 on my JXD... under rated game in my opinion also picked up DMC for Xbox One as I never played it on the 360... enjoying it so far. :D
Its been a while since you plugged the JXD, I suppose the Easter break they allowed you to take as holiday :P Normal service resumed
suck it up, snoozefest. :wink:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:39 am

sscott wrote:The free XBone game Pool Nation, the shooting mechanics are not bad and the online play works well, worth downloading if you have Gold.
The snooker mode on this game is excellent. Play your mates online for bragging rights. :D

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:04 pm

gman72 wrote:
Sephiroth81 wrote:
suck it up, snoozefest. :wink:
I was beginning to miss the JXD commercials.

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:56 pm

gman72 wrote:
sscott wrote:The free XBone game Pool Nation, the shooting mechanics are not bad and the online play works well, worth downloading if you have Gold.
The snooker mode on this game is excellent. Play your mates online for bragging rights. :D
Didn't even know there was a snooker mode! Will investigate! :)