What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nokgod

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by nokgod » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Currently working my way through The Order 1886. Looks amazing, plays decently, but its pretty linear and i've been told its very short. Enjoying it, regardless. :)

Aim to get it finished when i get back from my hols next weekend so i can concentrate on Borderlands (and I need to return it to its rightful owner as i've only borrowed it!)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:02 pm

Rig racer 2, I expected crap and I got it

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Loving Resident Evil Revalations on the 360. I think I like it better than 4 & 5 at the moment. The raid mode is inspired, trying to get the perfect run. Downloaded RER2 recently but won't play it just yet! :D
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:01 pm

still Dark Souls 2

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:54 pm

No games really interested me the other day. I wound up playing around on Minecraft, I actually enjoyed it a lot.

My main problem is that if I want to play with my friend I should build on the 360 version, yet playing solo I much prefer my Vita version (better performance, I can watch TV and dive in and out). I always wind up doing half-assed projects on both versions instead of committing to one.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:01 pm

Batman Arkham Origins

Can't understand why this didn't get the plaudits that Asylum and City got :?

Seems to combine the best of both, less of those bloody Riddler puzzles for a start. You can pick it up for pennies at the mo, I recommend you do!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Devil May Cry Definitive edition, really enjoying it, played it on previous gen so not much difference except full HD, 60fps and all bonus, worth it for me

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:59 pm

Dark Forces. The level design is pure goddam evil :shock:

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:16 am

I've been playing tales of xillia 2 for a few weeks now. It's a really good game, especially for fans of the first one. The official guide is pretty excellent too if you want to see all the side quests.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:45 pm

sscott wrote:Devil May Cry Definitive edition, really enjoying it, played it on previous gen so not much difference except full HD, 60fps and all bonus, worth it for me
I don't understand the hate this got from some quarters when it was released originally, it felt like a really solid game.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:34 pm

djcarlos wrote:Batman Arkham Origins

Can't understand why this didn't get the plaudits that Asylum and City got :?

Seems to combine the best of both, less of those bloody Riddler puzzles for a start. You can pick it up for pennies at the mo, I recommend you do!
I'm with you! I picked this up for pennies and didn't expect much, I wound up really enjoying it.

I loved getting to see Batman just starting out, the takedown of all 8(?) assassins and the end reveal. Cracking game and massively under-appreciated.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:49 pm

Xenoblade chronicles
The combat is very hit and miss for me, its irritating that it dont matter if you are near the enemy's s they can hit from a distance.
the story seems to of gone into "Dont care" mode.
The battles are repetitive and dull

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:23 am

Having the luxury of playing all 3 Batman games in order for the first time, in preparation for the stunning Arkham Knight coming in June. Question is, can I complete them all in time ? Only a 1/3 way through Asylum :?

Loving it so far. My only criticism which happens to be quite major for me, is that Batmans voice is so monotonous, that it actually puts me off playing some times. He seems so disinterested all the time. I wish his voice changed at least a few levels during the game .

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:34 am

X-Com: Enemy Within. Again, now I have it on iPhone. Such a great game.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Games with Gold paid off this month with a free download of Gears of War: Judgement. I've picked this up at least ten times at gaming stores but always left it on the shelf in favor of something else.

Initial impressions are good! The 4-Player campaign is a bit obnoxious to a single player loner like me :oops: but having that many players means there are huge battlegrounds with tonnes of enemies! Instead of the boxed in feel of prior Gears games this one feels wide open with danger coming in from all sides.

I also like that without a major campaign (story-wise) it doesn't pull punches, most of the tougher enemy variations are showing up early. Online is solid and seems to be well populated.

I think I'm going to enjoy this one