What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

PostieDoc

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by PostieDoc » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:58 am

State Of Decay, much better than I thought it would be.
The driving is a bit naff though.

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:25 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Spooky wrote:Since I've finished BIoshock Infinte, I'm wondering what game to start now. I have Modern Warfare 3, Metai Gear Rising, Catherine, The Witcher 2 or Zone of the Enders HD...

Your thoughts?
I'd play Catherine personally. Its a really unique puzzle game that I really enjoyed. Once you get the puzzle mechanics down its a brilliant game.
I've taken your advice.
So far, I really like the puzzles. But I'm afraid I might find it a bit repetitive if I keep playing, unless there's something new coming. But it feels like a different kind of game and just for that, I'm glad I started it.
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Played Red Dead Redemption for a bit, getting the few achievements I needed to reach a 90% completion ratio

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:49 pm

It's been Diablo 3 reaper of souls of late. Bloody excellent game, highly recommended.

Eat your nans pants

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:14 pm

Drakengard 3. The graphics are bad, frame rate sloppy, camera hilarious and it's a bit repetitive. For some reason I really like it though :)

Gibberish Driftwood

Post by Gibberish Driftwood » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:33 pm

snowkatt wrote:
HisNHer_LP wrote:
I loved SOS, wasn't aware there was a sequel, will have to dig that out
raw danger was released in the usa only though

and there was a part 3 but that never left japan

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/ZZT/zzt1.htm
Raw Danger was released in europe. It is quite hard to find, though.
I had to get a copy from eBay Italy. Fortunately the text was in English.
Ken sent me.
Do the Kirby dance: (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

JoeNTMY

Post by JoeNTMY » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:48 pm

crusto wrote:It's been Diablo 3 reaper of souls of late. Bloody excellent game, highly recommended.
Same here. I'll be playing it until I get that Platinum!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:28 am

Spooky wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
Spooky wrote:Since I've finished BIoshock Infinte, I'm wondering what game to start now. I have Modern Warfare 3, Metai Gear Rising, Catherine, The Witcher 2 or Zone of the Enders HD...

Your thoughts?
I'd play Catherine personally. Its a really unique puzzle game that I really enjoyed. Once you get the puzzle mechanics down its a brilliant game.
I've taken your advice.
So far, I really like the puzzles. But I'm afraid I might find it a bit repetitive if I keep playing, unless there's something new coming. But it feels like a different kind of game and just for that, I'm glad I started it.
Catherine get really different later on with the Boss chase scene's and all the extra tiles and ways of tackling things; Ice, spike crumbling blocks.. I played it so much when I closed my eye's I could see the blocks being moved
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:32 am

Lord of Shadows 2 seems odd playing as Dracula and you have to hide from everybody but the story and voice acting is superb... I got to the female Vampire boss and thought the game had glitched on me as I couldn't hit her and those other monsters kept re-spawning was close to snapping the disc.. Then I realised holding the R3 button I can absorb the souls and actually hit her.. I'm really liking it and I hated the first game actually feels like a Castlevania game so far
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Broker

Post by Broker » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:56 am

Super Mario Bros 3 Famicom 8)
THE ONGOING PROSPERITY OF [REDACTED] (AND BY EXTENSION [REDACTED]) IS OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:06 am

On to uncharted 3. Seems ok so far, my expectations are lowered considerably after UC2. So many people claiming it as a classic when all I got was an above average 3rd person shooter with fiddly controls. Now I know what to expect I'm not picking faults as much.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:09 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:On to uncharted 3. Seems ok so far, my expectations are lowered considerably after UC2. So many people claiming it as a classic when all I got was an above average 3rd person shooter with fiddly controls. Now I know what to expect I'm not picking faults as much.
I think the general opinion of 3 is that it is not as good as 2 but with slightly better visuals if that matters to you. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:11 am

I've started playing Gotham Imposers (or whatever its called) the XBLA freebie... I had no idea what it was, but was quite impressed with an online FPS. Its silly and pretty shallow, but has kept me entertained for the last few evenings - fiddly menus though.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:29 am

gman72 wrote:
Fightersmegamix wrote:On to uncharted 3. Seems ok so far, my expectations are lowered considerably after UC2. So many people claiming it as a classic when all I got was an above average 3rd person shooter with fiddly controls. Now I know what to expect I'm not picking faults as much.
I think the general opinion of 3 is that it is not as good as 2 but with slightly better visuals if that matters to you. :D
That's basically my impression of it. I still very much enjoyed it (some great set pieces) but it wasn't as good as Uncharted 2 in my opinion.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:41 pm

Picked up a facebook game bundle (after complaining we never get anyone selling games round here) so now im playing WuTang Taste the Pain and Contra Legacy of War. Still quite enjoying Wutang but Contra is not what i had hoped for. A whole rucksack full of games for a fiver,including all 3 spyro games, cant be too bad.