What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

slacey1070

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:57 pm

Playing Mario Kart 64, Excitebike 64, Super Monkey Ball 2, Metriod Prime and Minecraft at the moment... and enjoying them all.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Phoenix_Z80

Post by Phoenix_Z80 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:30 pm

• The Trap Door (Specky)
  • Commandos (DOSBox)
  • Sega Rally Championship (Saturn)
  • GTA Vice City (PS2)

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Black Ridge wrote:Very jealous :mrgreen: I really want this, and the new Guilty Gear when it arrives. I was playing Sengoku Basara X for a quick 'Arc fix' yesterday. Does anyone know if Chrono will be coming out here? Sucks that we had to wait a year after the first was released in the US.
Yeah, I do not get the reasoning at all there, even the Asia version has full English. To hell with waiting! Can you hear it? The siren call of Play Asia... :lol:

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Sel Feena wrote:
Black Ridge wrote:Very jealous :mrgreen: I really want this, and the new Guilty Gear when it arrives. I was playing Sengoku Basara X for a quick 'Arc fix' yesterday. Does anyone know if Chrono will be coming out here? Sucks that we had to wait a year after the first was released in the US.
Yeah, I do not get the reasoning at all there, even the Asia version has full English. To hell with waiting! Can you hear it? The siren call of Play Asia... :lol:
I might just go for it. Problem is, I love the online play and despite the incredible netcode, playing that far across the pond will have its flaws. Not to mention the lack of competition available seeing as most matches wont connect. Aquapazza is one that I recently purchased but had little luck in playing online. Still a cracking game though. You played it?

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:26 pm

CoD: Ghosts for the Wii U. Funnily enough, despite everyone else thinking its pretty meh, I'm actually enjoying it. The storyline is far less convoluted and po-faced than the Black Ops games and the dog is a cool feature. Might be my favourite in the series so far.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:41 pm

I'm playing all sorts. I had a go on Tekken Tag Tournament last night. I know it's 50hz and isn't considered the best Tekken game but for me it is one of my favourites. The thing with fighting games is this, these days it all seems to be about Evo, and tournaments and the Fighting Game Community (The FGC) but in a way I think that does fighting games a bit of a disservice. There is a reason why games like Garou, 3rd Strike, Kof 98, Guilty Gear X2 and Tekken Tag are some of my all time favourites, it isn't just the fine tuned gameplay, it's the artistic side of the games, the music, the visual design, the tone, it's loads of different things outside of the gameplay that make them special to me.
Also in the case of Tekken Tag it was basically a celebration of the series before it became what it is today, in that case it is kind of nostalgic.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:57 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:I'm playing all sorts. I had a go on Tekken Tag Tournament last night. I know it's 50hz and isn't considered the best Tekken game but for me it is one of my favourites. The thing with fighting games is this, these days it all seems to be about Evo, and tournaments and the Fighting Game Community (The FGC) but in a way I think that does fighting games a bit of a disservice. There is a reason why games like Garou, 3rd Strike, Kof 98, Guilty Gear X2 and Tekken Tag are some of my all time favourites, it isn't just the fine tuned gameplay, it's the artistic side of the games, the music, the visual design, the tone, it's loads of different things outside of the gameplay that make them special to me.
Also in the case of Tekken Tag it was basically a celebration of the series before it became what it is today, in that case it is kind of nostalgic.
Despite the lack of competition, I still go back to a lot of older fighters. I love a good blast on SSFIV online as its still strong, but I still go back and play games like Garou, GG XX Slash and SF Alpha 2. Even if I'm sat in training mode for an hour just trying to put together some nice combos, or just blitzing arcade mode, its still good to play them. Especially now when fighting games seem to try and pile as many game mechanics and gimmicks in as possible. Simple, playable titles are refreshing to play.

I need to put some time into KoF 98 as its a recent purchase.

dste

Post by dste » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Think I'm nearing the end of Luminous Arc 2 which is a shame as really enjoying it at the moment.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:55 am

Decided to go back to Hitman Absolution, and its f**king amazing! The first Hitman game I've actually managed to get into, and past the first mission too, and im really enjoying it.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:46 am

Just 2 days ago I restarted Final Fantasy Tactics Advance...
Where logic won't work, I will

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:41 am

Tomb Raider 360
Killzone - Vita
Mame on my ickle galaxy tab

All utterly superb......

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:39 am

Bioshock infinite burial at sea. I played part one and thought it was pretty good, a few inconsistencies with the story but it's fun to play, lots of new areas and has a little replay value. If all DLC was like this there would be no complaints (well less, always some whingers).

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:55 am

Project Diva F 2nd - Bit of a mixed bag as I really like the song selection, especially Hello Worker and Decorator. But the goddamn 'waggle the thumbstick' sections have been made incredibly frustrating and annoying.

And also tried Deception 4. Only played it for a little, but I'm already finding it fun trying to come up with crazy combos and using the environment to extend them. :)

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Played a fair bit of Doraemon Nobitas Dorabian Night on PCE today. Got today level 9 and failed :(

crotea

Post by crotea » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Got walking dead on the vita in the sale, cant wait to get started!