What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

slacey1070

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Megamixer wrote:
slacey1070 wrote:Super Mario Sunshine... Boy, is this frustrating.... The control and camera seem to do all they can to make you fail.

I've not rage quit a game for years.. but I have this today.
Well you can certainly join a fairly large club! I got to about 60-ish Shines then gave up. Great game that was pretty well made (minus the awful camera) but some of the levels were extremely frustrating/cruel. It's a shame really as SM64 and the two Galaxy games are pretty near-perfect in terms of balance.
Encouraging its not just me, below average gamer that I am! I'm struggling with the damned Sand Bird at the moment. Constantly caught out by the camera angle.

I've warmed to this, I hate my first few plays, but I have enjoyed bits of it. Just the frustrating bits are toe curling.... I may never get beyond 10 shines...!
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster. At last.

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

RichL

Post by RichL » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Moved onto infamous second son.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Still playing the original Guilty Gear and I finally managed to beat the two end bosses. I thought Testament was hard enough but Justice was an absolute nightmare :shock: . The only way to beat her is - seemingly - to trap them in a corner and spam combos/chaos moves because otherwise you are screwed thanks to the massive lasers etc. Still a good fighting game but the bosses reeked of SNK Boss Syndrome.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Infamous:Second son on PS4, fantastic so far, if only I had more time to play it. :(

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:28 pm

Titanfall, what a game!
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

Post by 3703 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:24 am

Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 1 & 2

About to start on Lost Planet (360) as well

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 am

Dark Souls, its brilliant

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Resumed my hard mode playthrough of Dragon's Crown now that I've managed to finally rip the GTA V disc from my PS3 and force that game onto the shelf for a bit.

Also made a start on Einhander PS1. I'm currently very crap at it but the generous continues and brilliant design make up for it. I think I'm really going to like this one :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Megamixer wrote: Also made a start on Einhander PS1. I'm currently very crap at it but the generous continues and brilliant design make up for it. I think I'm really going to like this one :)
Thats something I'd like to give a go at some point. Just interested to see how Square handled the genre. There's a long list of PS1 imports I'd like to get at some point but for whatever reason I've never sought them out.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Blazblue Chronophantasma - yeah, it's awesome. Haven't really touched the main modes yet, playing with the new characters in Practice Mode.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Prinny 2

The people that made the levels in this game and placed the enemy's where they are are pricks
also who ever decided that the only console to get this game is the PSP is a censored

the PSPs D-pad is wank
I aint even touching the stick for it

SpockIOM

Post by SpockIOM » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:54 am

I'm having another blast through FF7 and Shadow of the Colossus at the moment. The Last of Us, Ni No Kuni, Ico and FF8&9 to follow.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else here put off playing new games in favour of replaying old ones like I do? I got a 2nd hand PS3 with a few games about a month ago and still haven't really played some of the games that came with it!
Yours sincerely, the little voice in your head that talks when you read.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:50 am

Sel Feena wrote:Blazblue Chronophantasma - yeah, it's awesome. Haven't really touched the main modes yet, playing with the new characters in Practice Mode.
Very jealous :mrgreen: I really want this, and the new Guilty Gear when it arrives. I was playing Sengoku Basara X for a quick 'Arc fix' yesterday. Does anyone know if Chrono will be coming out here? Sucks that we had to wait a year after the first was released in the US.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Beat the 'Hard' mode of Dragon's Crown and am now attempting to beat the 'Infernal' difficulty level. It's going to take a lot of grinding to reach the Lv.99 level cap but it's such a good game design-wise that I can overlook the repetetive general nature of the game.