What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

SNESdrunk

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by SNESdrunk » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Cranking through Cybernator for SNES right now (game of the month on the SNES subreddit)
SNESdrunk
Is ____ Worth Playing Today?
Why the Hype for _____?
https://www.youtube.com/user/1SNESdrunk

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Shinobi wrote: Also Batman Arkham Origins really hate this game!! Swing round crime in progress generic thug fight, swing round some more crime in progress; more generic thugs... Baby crying in pram fight Ninja girls.. Did the Anarchy missions more generic thugs but you press A by a bomb to defuse it.. Don't think you even fight Anarchy in the Court House as Batman walks away from him as "He's just a kid"

You don't even fight Black Mask, Firefly or Deadshot, and 'Black Mask' he's supposed to be the main villain.. Unless Deadshots not an Assassin and some other side mission like Mad Hatter? Mad Hatters side mission was fun

Worst thing was the main thugs voice acting "It's the Bat" in a Brooklyn accent followed by "He's just a little man" I found the voice/saying annoying the first time I heard it, even more so hearing it every other fight!
I had this for two days. Got about 5% into it, and got really bored of it. Boring fights, swinging around the same map as City, just a rehash, and a lazy one at that, of Arkham City. Traded it in, and am glad i did.

Played Terminator Salvation last night with my nephew, and completed it in just under 4 hours. Ho-hum, really.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

RichL

Post by RichL » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:14 am

Tomb Raider on PS4.

JoeNTMY

Post by JoeNTMY » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:44 am

Pokemon Blue. I'm training in preparation for a battle with a friend! :lol:

dste

Post by dste » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Gone back to finish off Wario: Master of Disguise on DS.

Found the upgrade that I missed so just need to complete the last chapter now.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:29 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
Shinobi wrote: Also Batman Arkham Origins really hate this game!! Swing round crime in progress generic thug fight, swing round some more crime in progress; more generic thugs... Baby crying in pram fight Ninja girls.. Did the Anarchy missions more generic thugs but you press A by a bomb to defuse it.. Don't think you even fight Anarchy in the Court House as Batman walks away from him as "He's just a kid"

You don't even fight Black Mask, Firefly or Deadshot, and 'Black Mask' he's supposed to be the main villain.. Unless Deadshots not an Assassin and some other side mission like Mad Hatter? Mad Hatters side mission was fun

Worst thing was the main thugs voice acting "It's the Bat" in a Brooklyn accent followed by "He's just a little man" I found the voice/saying annoying the first time I heard it, even more so hearing it every other fight!
I had this for two days. Got about 5% into it, and got really bored of it. Boring fights, swinging around the same map as City, just a rehash, and a lazy one at that, of Arkham City. Traded it in, and am glad i did.

Played Terminator Salvation last night with my nephew, and completed it in just under 4 hours. Ho-hum, really.

Glad it wasn't just me who found it awful.. Luckily a friend lent me it, normally he would have said "You don't like nothing" when I returned it he did agree its boring just the same fight over and over
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:35 pm

Really enjoyed Arkham City but glad I haven't bothered with Origins - from everything I've read it seems like a downgrade and their statement that they won't bother to patch the remaingin bugs but instead make more DLC is the final nail in that coffin.

Terminator Salvation was painfully generic and insultingly short as well. You would have thought by now we'd have one good console game from the Franchise. Just one.........

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Really enjoyed Arkham City but glad I haven't bothered with Origins - from everything I've read it seems like a downgrade and their statement that they won't bother to patch the remaingin bugs but instead make more DLC is the final nail in that coffin.

Terminator Salvation was painfully generic and insultingly short as well. You would have thought by now we'd have one good console game from the Franchise. Just one.........
There was: The Terminator Mega Cd :D took everything about the mega drive original, and improved it 100%.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:36 am

Started A Boy and his Blob on the Wii a few days ago after 6 years of owning my copy and not opening it :oops: . Seems alright so far. Not as charmed as I expected to be but it's a nice game. My only complaint is that it's sometimes easy to miss a treasure chest in a level and not be able to go backwards to collect it because of the way the levels are constructed but it's a minor niggle since the levels are quite short so replaying isn't too much of a chore.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Rain on PS3, has a sort of Ico vibe to it and like what I have seen so far.

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:11 am

Worms 3D and Timesplitters 2.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:12 am

don't know how long they'll keep me occupied, but...

Spec Ops The LIne (xbox 360)
Resistance 3 (PS3)

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Lego : The Movie. Been quite enjoying some Co-op with my son but also enjoyed most of the single player too. Though I think they could have included a sandbox lego builder tool for custom inventions and builds. Would love to build a virtual vehicle and drive / fly it around. The master builder concept is great but limited. Probably my favourite game in the Lego franchise and a perfectly silly afternoon film too.

stvd

Post by stvd » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Harmful Park (PS1) on my PSP.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Titanfall on the Xboxone. Excellent, refreshing FPS....apart from the awful slowdown at times.
Still ploughing through Dreamcast 2D fighters. I've decided that I far more enjoy King of Fighters than any Capcom fighter. Saying that, have now clocked up 20 hours playtime on Marvel vs Capcom 2.