What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

slacey1070

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by slacey1070 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Dawnguard... very buggy.,.. after an evenings play, I'm behind where I was when I started playing this evening, thanks to a game breaking bug.... annoyed...
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:58 pm

Megamixer wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:
Megamixer wrote:As of last night, Streets of Rage Remake. Holy sh*t, what an amazing game! Sega definitely missed a trick by not officially endorsing this and working with the team to get it 'properly' released on PSN, XBLA etc. It's probably miles better than any 3D 'revival' they would dream up themselves.

The only bit I'm struggling on losing lots of lives are the jet ski bits...anybody got any tips to clear them easily? Also hating the train stage where you have to jump over obstacles because I'm just not fast enough at it. Otherwise, a fantastic tribute to a fantastic series :)
This,This a million times this. A great game that deserves public attention on PSN etc. The amalgamation of all the characters and branching storyline bringing together the best bits of all games and made by people with an obvious love and knowledge of the source material. Wouldnt take much to polish it a little and get it out there. Easily one of the best scrolling beat em ups ever - just dont like playing it on my pc , would prefer a consolized version.
Still haven't beaten it yet. I can get up to the start of stage 6 but this is much harder than the original games in my opinion thanks to many instances of the screen being swamped with high-power enemies. It isn't putting me off because it's still SoR but I want to unlock the shop mode.

I'm quite lucky playing it on my PC because I have a USB Saturn pad with a long cord so I can sit well back from the screen and play like a console game.
I play this with a USB Saturn pad too. I have completed it though :P

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Currently playing Fable 3 on the PC, haven't played it since it was released back when I had it on the Xbox so jumped at the chance when it was on sale on steam a few weeks back.
I'm also about to start a complete playthrough of the Mass Effect series, haven't played them all in a while plus I have 3 coming in the post for the PC so as good a time as any to start a new character.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 pm

The Laird wrote:
I'm quite lucky playing it on my PC because I have a USB Saturn pad with a long cord so I can sit well back from the screen and play like a console game.
I have a reasonable pc gamepad - just would rather play on bigscreen - suppose I could HDMI the pc to tv. Just CBA with all that.

I play this with a USB Saturn pad too. I have completed it though :P[/quote]

I have a reasonable pc gamepad - just would rather play on bigscreen - suppose I could HDMI the pc to tv. Just CBA with all that.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 pm

slacey1070 wrote:Dawnguard... very buggy.,.. after an evenings play, I'm behind where I was when I started playing this evening, thanks to a game breaking bug.... annoyed...
Those who own Skyrim on PS3 would love the opportunity to be so fortunate! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Legend of Zelda. Even with save states on the 3DS, this game is a son of a censored.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:29 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
slacey1070 wrote:Dawnguard... very buggy.,.. after an evenings play, I'm behind where I was when I started playing this evening, thanks to a game breaking bug.... annoyed...
Those who own Skyrim on PS3 would love the opportunity to be so fortunate! :lol:

Ps3 dlc is "close" apparently. Close to what I'm not sure, finished, working, game breaking, insanity....
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 pm

slacey1070 wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:

Ps3 dlc is "close" apparently. Close to what I'm not sure, finished, working, game breaking, insanity....
Well, it seems reasonable to assume that it'll do all of those things because Sony told us...

:lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 pm

it only does everything until sony taketh everything away
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Really in two minds about this. On the one hand all the extra touches like additional encounters and being able to play as Ayane are great. On the other, I really do miss the 360 version's gore. It just doesn't feel right without it! :(

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:57 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Really in two minds about this. On the one hand all the extra touches like additional encounters and being able to play as Ayane are great. On the other, I really do miss the 360 version's gore. It just doesn't feel right without it! :(
Weirdly enough for the upcoming Vita release they seem to be mashing the two versions together as it'll have all the extra's of the PS3 version along with gore etc. from the 360 version. I quite liked the fact that the PS3 version didn't feel so damn right unfair as the 360 version at times but they went a little too far the other way and made it a tad too easy on the default difficulty in my opinion.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:43 pm

far cry (pc) damn this game is hard at times,i keep running out of ammo for my favourite weapons but i have just got the shotgun,that thing has one hell of a punch mind.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Beat the Grim Reaper/Death in Castlevania Circle of the Moon so there shouldn't be much further left to go. Death was surprisingly easy compared to the Dragon Zombies (killed him in two attempts) which was a nice surprise as I was expecting far worse. Using a combo of axes and the flame sword did the trick nicely.

Really into my Castlevania now and have just pulled the trigger (on ebay) for one of the best in the series as I've been dying to play it :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:20 pm

Skyrim.

My life is forfeit.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Rayne wrote:Skyrim.

My life is forfeit.
well when you dissapear we know what happend then
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !