What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The Beans

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by The Beans » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Trine 2 on 360. Quite a nice game. Nice atmosphere. It's currently half price at 600pts for Gold members.
I'm thinking of picking up the X-Men arcade port since that's down to 400pts in the same sale. Does anybody have this? I'd expect the online multiplayer to be dead by now but if there's a few on here who have it and fancy a session I might pick it up.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

dste

Post by dste » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Reached 50 stars on Mario Galaxy 2, loving it so far.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:38 pm

I've been playing Soul Calibur on XBLA, it's a brilliant game!

Also been spending serious time with Afterburner Climax, insanely addictive (and difficult...) stuff!

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:12 pm

playing Castlevania on my Psp - after a long hiatus of well just not being able to find my original copy , now I get to enjoy the goodness again. Fantastic.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:48 pm

shiftytigger wrote:playing Castlevania on my Psp - after a long hiatus of well just not being able to find my original copy , now I get to enjoy the goodness again. Fantastic.
Rondo of Blood is fantastic. Contrary to most opinion i actually like the 3D graphics too. The fact the original game and Symphony of the Night is bundled in is a massive bonus aswell thats worth buying it for alone!
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Oh and im playing Shinobi 3DS. Its actually very enjoyable but the difficulty is absolutely brutal from the get go.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:20 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:
shiftytigger wrote:playing Castlevania on my Psp - after a long hiatus of well just not being able to find my original copy , now I get to enjoy the goodness again. Fantastic.
Rondo of Blood is fantastic. Contrary to most opinion i actually like the 3D graphics too. The fact the original game and Symphony of the Night is bundled in is a massive bonus aswell thats worth buying it for alone!
I do have to disagree here though, Rondo is terrible a clearly a product of it's time. The control is so limited and the way Richter moves is at times completely backward.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Evermore wrote:Theatrhythm is much more to my liking. The gameplay is great fun - very similar to the excellent Gitarro Man. The presentation is top notch. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but this is excellent stuff. Might buy it Day 1 if the price is right.
Already pre-ordered this :D

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:41 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:
Way to hard the Original Rondo, just beat the level which is just a big boss fight against Medusa, Frankenstains Monster and Shaft... Dread to think how hard this will be on the PC Engine Version
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Nowt, took ten goes to update my 360, finally done now but need to go to bed!!!

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:15 am

Haunting Ground on PS2

great atmosphere, interesting dynamic between the girl and her dog but the constant running away and hiding breaks up the exploring way too much, a decent to good game but could have been great

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:49 am

nakamura wrote: I do have to disagree here though, Rondo is terrible a clearly a product of it's time. The control is so limited and the way Richter moves is at times completely backward.
Are we talking the original or the PSP remake?

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:22 am

ShadowMan wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:More Asura's Wrath - finished Episode 4 which is one of the best DLC packs I've played. Started lost episode 1, SPOILERS
That boss pissed me off as well, had me wishing for a better evade/block mechanic as I couldn't jump in on him because he used the same tactics as in SSFIV AE which was both entertaining and annoying at the same time :lol: The second lost episode is even cooler and crazier (especially the ending). I really liked all the DLC that this game got, all of it was great fun and pretty well priced as well.
Its the final mad key presses that are causing me problems at the moment, can't wait for EP2 mate

Evermore

Post by Evermore » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:53 am

Mario Kart 7 - this is a great game, but I can't help but wish it had some more "circuits-based" tracks. Some of the levels are a bit nuts, which is fine, but a few more raceways would be cool as they lend themselves very well for time trialling.

The graphics are perfect, the online is excellent and the controls are spot-on. Probably my favourite in the series since the 64 version. Its still not as good as the mighty Diddy Kong Racing! :D I spent a silly amount of hours on that game, especially in its time trial. Its levels were perfect time trial foddy and then some. Surprisingly deep gameplay for a kart racer too.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:30 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:
nakamura wrote: I do have to disagree here though, Rondo is terrible a clearly a product of it's time. The control is so limited and the way Richter moves is at times completely backward.
Are we talking the original or the PSP remake?
The PSP remake.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)