What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

fraser1

Post by fraser1 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:32 am

Viewtiful joe -Wii
Twilight princess-Wii
DMC 3 sp -ps2
God hand-ps2
Final fight-mame-xbox

Retro leagues final fight ,is that a highest score on one credit challenge? if it is, you might want to check out my Twin galaxies score,Rank 1st,(the same with my golden axe & Vendetta scores ).

www.twingalaxies

P-Head

Post by P-Head » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:27 am

PC- Fallout

That's pretty much it at the minute.

Freshmetal

Post by Freshmetal » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:42 am

Currently playing:

Fahrenheit (PS2) - Very interesting, but the plot can get confusing, especially when important story segments are being told as you have to concentrate on completing a \"Simon\"-like puzzle in the foreground. Probably a good game to watch someone else play.

Ordered Okami the other day too, so that should turn up soon.

Madge

Re:

Post by Madge » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:54 pm

Freshmetal wrote: Fahrenheit (PS2) - Very interesting, but the plot can get confusing, especially when important story segments are being told as you have to concentrate on completing a "Simon"-like puzzle in the foreground. Probably a good game to watch someone else play.
Have you got past the bit where you play Lucas as a child and have to sneak into the Army base? I'm stuck there at the moment.
Why retro? Because you never forget your first love.

Freshmetal

Post by Freshmetal » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:15 pm

Have you got past the bit where you play Lucas as a child and have to sneak into the Army base?
I have. It's quite tricky and made tougher thanks to some awful colour choices on the minimap.

Hint (if you need it):
Climb the fence to the south, then avoid the patrolling soldier's sight (this can be irritatingly picky) by sticking to the fence. Wait for the guards opposite to be walking away from you, cross the road and there is a hole in the fence to crawl through. After that, you have to wait for the truck to drive by, and you run up to it and run alongside past the next guard. Then, let it drive past and duck between the hangars and head for the hatchway in the corner.

The Penultimate Ninja

Re:

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Freshmetal wrote:
Have you got past the bit where you play Lucas as a child and have to sneak into the Army base?
I have. It's quite tricky and made tougher thanks to some awful colour choices on the minimap.
I found that a litle annoying too, but got it eventually. I got stuck and gave up at the rooftop fight/escape, where (basically) you needed to pound the trigger buttons really fast or you died. You didn't get enought time to get up to full speed and having to play through the preceding section again and again eventually got too much for me.

It got traded in, unfinished. A shame really because there was some interesting stuff in there.

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:12 pm

I've been playing Dragon Force on the SSF emulator.

It's one of my favourite games on the Saturn, and works well on SSF meaning I don't have to find room for the Saturn under the TV.

It's a shame my thread on it got lost in the madness on Sunday.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:25 pm

Im playing GTA VC with a Batmobile mod, meaning I get to cruise along at 300mph in the dark knights car working as a taxi :P
Watching you sleep since 1990

DonkeySpank

Post by DonkeySpank » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:53 pm

Lethal Alliance or something on the PSP, some star wars game. Quite good actually.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:42 pm

Red Dead Revolver on PS2.

Wipeout Pure on PSP.

Toying with returning my Vectrex to its rightful place in the sitting room.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:43 pm

\"Snaaaaaaaaake!\"

russgalleywood

Post by russgalleywood » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:35 pm

Don't get to play so much now I'm old and married with kids!

Nevertheless, have been playing a bit of Final Fight for the Retro Survival Gaming League this week, Bounty Bob Strikes Back on C64 for the same league last week.

Day of the Tentacle - On the Laptop with my seven year old son
Lego Star Wars II - seven and three year old sons are addicted to it!
Starship Command - Beeb Emulator
'What's a Ftoomch?'

The Penultimate Ninja

Re:

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:22 pm

russgalleywood wrote: Day of the Tentacle - On the Laptop with my seven year old son
Yay! What a Dad! :D

Freshmetal

Post by Freshmetal » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:58 pm

Managed to finish off Fahrenheit late last night. Great game, but the plot goes mental near the end and it's frustratingly hard to follow due to some crazy fights which intersect the story. It's a good job that the general gameplay has so many branching possibilities, so playing through again to try to understand the plot shouldn't be too much of a chore.

I also picked up some Megadrive games today, along with PS1 Resident Evil. I'll give them all a play to check that they're running, but Okami will be my next challenge when it arrives (hopefully tomorrow).

Dark Reaper

Post by Dark Reaper » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:15 pm

Oblivion on the 360 has pretty much dominated my gaming life recently. I've also been playing Tekken: Dark Resurrection & Advance Wars DS a fair bit. As soon as my copy of Mega Drive Collection turns up (useless Royal Mail, it's been two weeks now) I can see myself spending a fair bit of time on that.