What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Shinobi

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Shinobi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Was playing Suffering and really enjoying it apart from the bugs and now my damn save corrupted :evil: :evil: So I got to Hermes, shut all the Gas of and blew his ghost into the Oven.. The animation clearly shows him going into the oven but his Ghost form is still over the grate.. His ghost then gets blown into the oven again, to say I'm peeved is a understatement.. My friend said he wants it if nots its going in the Random niceness thread!!!!

Got to the last level on manic Miner Lost Levels, levels 2 -19 are easier last level is infuriating!!! I guess I could have done it if I stuck at it
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

llj

Post by llj » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Shinobi wrote:
llj wrote:Playing a bit of D2. I once listed it as my favourite DC game, though I'm not sure if it still holds true. But it's still as unique as ever. Wandering around in the Canadian wild and shooting animals reminds me of those days when I was playing Deer Hunter and wondering why it had gotten so popular (seriously, there was a huge Deer Hunter craze on the PC once in the U.S.)

At the very least, it's the best console game set in Canada. What would seem boring to someone living here now seems creepy in D2! :lol:
I assuming thats a English release? I have the Jap version and downloaded the translation for the story, the language barrier is giving me problems I got to this Air Hostess who turns into a monster, other than that just I assume you need to something in the cabin
Yes, NTSC version.

I haven't got to the first boss yet so I can't remember what, if any, tips there were for that boss. I'm just wandering around the snow right now.

I can mention to you that each boss has a weak point, and you can only hurt them by hitting those spots. The weak point is indicated when your targeting circle flashes red.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:25 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:^ Been playing the Wii version for a few weeks now and would have to agree that it's the best PES for a while. Matches just seem to flow that little bit better IMO.
I was sorely tempted to buy the Wii version after having heard great things of how the PES games play using the Wii Remote + Nunchuk and especially after seeing the game available for under £13. However, when I saw the PS3 version on offer for under £20 I went for that instead.
Not having a 360 or PS3 I don't have much of a choice! :lol:

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:38 pm

oblivion still
and dayclona
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Godstar

Post by Godstar » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:35 pm

Shadowrun on Sega Genesis. Managed to do a run of the line through a SCART converter and upscale the image up to 720p and run it via HDMI into my receiver. It's quite awesome!

nesmaster

Post by nesmaster » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:48 pm

Started Snake on the PS3, really good so far. :D Also a lot of Mortal Kombat, damn its so good. Shame my copy is acting like a censored though, will have to take it back to Cash Generators next week and see if I can get an exchange.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag:
SuperWarioMan

Ingrisser

Post by Ingrisser » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:56 pm

In my Gamecube playlist this week, I've been playing F-Zero GX and Animal Crossing however I was carried away with Nintendo 64 gaming after this.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Been trying to get my original Xbox looking good thru RGB on my LCD, think I've finally got there. Been using Driver: Parallel Lines, The Godfather and Taito Legends as guinea pigs. Pretty disappointed The Godfather doesn't seem to 'do' 16:9, I thought with it being all EA and epic and *fairly* recent, it might have a proper widescreen mode. Doesn't seem to. Got it nice in 4:3, though, and it looks to be a very decent game.

Driver seems bloody nice, though, for a last-gen game, looks all solid and shiny, if a tad scraggy 'round the edges.

Currently on Bubble Bobble, via Taito Legends. Just typing this, got it on in the background, the ambient soundscape is pure bliss. :D

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:23 am

Gargoyles Quest on Gameboy - After dying for the 20th time in a row trying to ascend the tower at the start of the game, i gave up. I dont think a game has ever kicked my arse so badly.

Tomb Raider on PS1 - I get stuck on St francis folly everytime i play this. If i dont plummet to my death from a mistimed jump i get killed by one of the traps on the puzzles.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:08 am

Final Fantasy Tactics PSP

Finding loads of things that are annoying me about it (like the spells, CPU team mates to name two)

Urgh the GBA version was better

giss

Post by giss » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:17 am

Team Fortress 2, still. Just reached 300 hours played. Not a huge amount but large by my standards.
Terraria with a friend, since a large update came out yesterday which almost doubled the content in the game.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:35 pm

KOF XIII as of yesterday. I have XII but never got around to playing it (and I probably won't bother now) so the new sprites etc. are all new to me. Wow, this game looks amazing and it plays brilliantly too. I've noticed (coming straight off the back of '98 Ultimate Match) that the characters have less supers and some of their moves missing or properties changed but it's okay, brings things back to basics whereas the move lists had gotten a bit bloated before.

By far the most impressive bit about what I played yesterday was the presentation. KOF's 2001 onwards all played decently but were saddled with hideous presentation, horrible glitches and a general cheap feel as well as the Neo Geo sprites being out of date (I still like them though of course) but everything looks the part in the XIII which really pleases me. A real return to form for me that's right up there with the best of the older installments.

The bosses are horrible though in true SNK fashion :lol: . I find Saiki a lot harder than the evil version of Ash strangely enough though. You'd think it should be the other way around with Saiki only being the penultimate boss.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:40 pm

More Rage. I dunno, it's starting to feel a little too linear. All the painted on doors and obvious signposting is starting to get to me. The earlier levels at least had a few locked rooms off the beaten track.

It finally got to me when I got to a room with a security gate. To open the gate you need to take out the generator. Lo and behold there's a great big hole in the wall, conveniently placed so I can shoot the generator through it. Ugh. I couldn't even send a little RC car through the hole :(

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:49 pm

Played some Williams Pinball Classics on the PS3, it's got the Funhouse table on, which is one of my all time favourite tables of all time, I can't believe the game actually charges you credits to play some of the tables though, the cheek of it :D
Splink!

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:56 pm

started monster house on gba emulator,i wasn't expecting much but this is a really enjoyable game.switching between three characters with different attributes to their weapons,find the key or item to progress,only seen four variants of enemy so far but they require different tactics to take on.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"