What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Paulie

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Paulie » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Mario 3D got all the star coins on the first 8 worlds so got the special stages to look forward to over the weekend. Brilliant game but TBH I'm cack at most games and I've found it to be way too easy.
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Bit of a PC binge at prez. Just clocked Deus Ex: Invisible War (first time I've ever finished a 'proper' PC game despite owning a PC since 2004) and it was fairly meh, for the most part.

Now on Clive Barker's Undying. First impressions are....................*excellent*. Granted, the textures are pretty old (it's from 2001) but it's super-smooth, rock-solid and nicely atmospheric, plus the shooting is mega-fun, straddling that fiddly/satisfying feel that appeals to me massively. What the above pretty much lacked, this seems to have in spades.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:04 pm

sscott wrote:
Joey wrote:Put a few hours into Saints Row the Third.

There are moments in this game that are completely crazy and moments that are genius, it's probably my game if the year.

The thing is you can't really talk about it without spoiling the good bits.
I bought it while fairly drunk from Tesco Metro and have yet to play it. Will have to give it a go.
Seen a video of someone playing (with a friend) some sections of it
WHY DO THEY HAVE MASSIVE DILDOS AS WEAPONS!!?

Also read that the main mode is online co-op so looks like I wont be getting it

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:24 pm

^From what I've heard, the offline single player mode is as it always was, online co-op just adds another player into the mix, the story/cutscenes are all *exactly* the same as the single player.

mrmarvelxiii

Post by mrmarvelxiii » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:21 am

Well now I've finished Skyward Sword, I've been bitten by the Zelda bug and have started playing Majora's Mask again. It's only my 2nd playthough and it's a masterpiece. Quite tricky and that sinister darkness juxtaposed (sorry but this word seems right here) with the game's main aim of being kind and helping people under the watchful eye of the coming apocalypse is just genius that transcends even Ocarina of Time for mood and style.
Chazz it up!!!

necronom

Post by necronom » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:13 am

Just started FF XIII. I liked VIII and X, so I'm sure I'll like this one.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:06 am

JazzFunk wrote:^From what I've heard, the offline single player mode is as it always was, online co-op just adds another player into the mix, the story/cutscenes are all *exactly* the same as the single player.
So it has single player?
Tempted to get it then.

When the price is about a tenner

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:00 am

quake ii on ps1

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:39 am

Got to a stage in Alien syndrome Wii thats to annoying to bother getting past
Get to here in under 20 minutes (put in mind the levels are massive)
Corridors are small.
Things that get in the way are huge

Get to the door "Locked you need to get to the computer terminals.
did one the other cant be gotten to

Meh got my three quids worth

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:59 pm

PES 2012 (PS3) - Just played my first ever match and was extremely impressed with the game. It's the first current-gen footy game I've bought since FIFA 09 and with painful memories of PES 2008 still in tow I'm delighted to see by how much such games have improved since then. Great stuff!
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:18 pm

^ Been playing the Wii version for a few weeks now and would have to agree that it's the best PES for a while. Matches just seem to flow that little bit better IMO.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Resi 1 on PS1.

Played it for about an hour with Chris, beat the plant and got back to the mansion and was soon beheaded by a hunter. I hadnt saved it the entire time :(
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

llj

Post by llj » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Playing a bit of D2. I once listed it as my favourite DC game, though I'm not sure if it still holds true. But it's still as unique as ever. Wandering around in the Canadian wild and shooting animals reminds me of those days when I was playing Deer Hunter and wondering why it had gotten so popular (seriously, there was a huge Deer Hunter craze on the PC once in the U.S.)

At the very least, it's the best console game set in Canada. What would seem boring to someone living here now seems creepy in D2! :lol:

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:^ Been playing the Wii version for a few weeks now and would have to agree that it's the best PES for a while. Matches just seem to flow that little bit better IMO.
I was sorely tempted to buy the Wii version after having heard great things of how the PES games play using the Wii Remote + Nunchuk and especially after seeing the game available for under £13. However, when I saw the PS3 version on offer for under £20 I went for that instead.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:26 pm

llj wrote:Playing a bit of D2. I once listed it as my favourite DC game, though I'm not sure if it still holds true. But it's still as unique as ever. Wandering around in the Canadian wild and shooting animals reminds me of those days when I was playing Deer Hunter and wondering why it had gotten so popular (seriously, there was a huge Deer Hunter craze on the PC once in the U.S.)

At the very least, it's the best console game set in Canada. What would seem boring to someone living here now seems creepy in D2! :lol:
I assuming thats a English release? I have the Jap version and downloaded the translation for the story, the language barrier is giving me problems I got to this Air Hostess who turns into a monster, other than that just I assume you need to something in the cabin
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"