What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Megamixer wrote: Secondly was Spectral Vs Generation, a 2D fighting game using characters from the Spectral and Generation RPG series'. This was another one that I played a long time ago but like with Killzone, time had not been kind to my memories. The sprites are okay but poorly animated, the characters in general are pretty dull and it just plays really blandly.

So yeah, both games getting sold :P
It has a guy called Ryuken

HE PLAYS NOTHING LIKE THEM!!
For that this game is not censored

sg1000

Post by sg1000 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Kid Icarus

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:30 am

As always plugging away on GT5, but I've just started Strangehold - there are a few minor control issues but generally it's a pretty blo0dy good action game!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:51 am

Been spending more time playing Rayman Origins. It might be the best platformer I've played all year, the levels get better as you get further in the game. Difficulty is nicely pitched as well, not to hard to clear the levels but it takes some doing to collect all the medals/speed run trophies which can be pretty tough to get in some levels.
gmintyfresh wrote:As always plugging away on GT5, but I've just started Strangehold - there are a few minor control issues but generally it's a pretty blo0dy good action game!
I've had that in my "to play" pile for ages, I really should get round to playing it soon!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:32 am

I played all the way through PixelJunk SideScroller the other day, definitely one of the better games I've played this year.
Splink!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Gauntlet on XBLA. Playing it back in the day, I absolutely loved it. Now, i just think it's ok. Mainly because the goblins, ghosts and all the others re-spawn too quickly, so you're just standing there shooting at them and not progressing anywhere. A bit boring, really.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:19 pm

I picked up Fear Effect at a charity shop earler. Never played it before so will be at that soon.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Alien Syndrome Wii
For about four hours. The levels are massive

dste

Post by dste » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:52 am

Currently playing Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on the DS.

Just killed Albus and opened up Dracula's Castle.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:30 am

ShadowMan wrote:Been spending more time playing Rayman Origins. It might be the best platformer I've played all year, the levels get better as you get further in the game. Difficulty is nicely pitched as well, not to hard to clear the levels but it takes some doing to collect all the medals/speed run trophies which can be pretty tough to get in some levels.
gmintyfresh wrote:As always plugging away on GT5, but I've just started Strangehold - there are a few minor control issues but generally it's a pretty blo0dy good action game!
I've had that in my "to play" pile for ages, I really should get round to playing it soon!
Stranglehold is one of those games I always wanted to buy but never got around to doing so. I got a great deal on the LE so I decided I'd waited too long and started on the game. It's nicely scripted.

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Spent a couple more hours on Skyward Sword with my nearly 3yr old and 6yr old daughter, they seemed really into it! Just landed on 'the surface' so lots to do, good game so far, as I'm on strike tomorrow might give this a little more time, not getting paid so why not! :D

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Sonic Generations (PS3) - only played the game a short while but I've been impressed with what I've seen of it so far. :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:21 am

Been messing around on Far Cry 2 this week. A good game, flawed by being a little repetitive sadly. i have opted for a laid back approach to gaming the next few wks. Lego Star Wars and Batman are on the agenda, whilst i contemplate giving my life over to Skyrim...

Dramagod

Post by Dramagod » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:38 am

Borrowed The Orange Box (PS3) from a friend and yesterday started playing Portal. Never played Portal games before. It's been really fun and challenging experience so far. I like games with a bit of a challenge especially puzzle games. The female narration is quite charming and humorous too. I've read this is a very short game but based on the hour I'm into the game, I'm eagerly waiting to get to play the sequel.
Hello. My name is La-li-lu-le-lo. Nice to meet you!

nesmaster

Post by nesmaster » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on PS3. Love the Castlevania series, so I had high hopes for this game. Played a couple of levels and its pretty mediocre so far :( Just a basic hack n slash game. I know I'm only a couple of levels in but it doesn't really feel like a Castlevania game :?
Hope it bloody well gets better.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag:
SuperWarioMan