What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

HalcyonDaze00

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Guardian Heroes

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:13 pm

Blasting through The Cursed Crusade so I can review it. Worst hack n slash I've ever played. And that's saying something from a guy that played the 3DO ninja game on PSX.

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:30 pm

giss wrote: My copy of Arkham City just arrived in the mail today so I've spent the whole evening playing it. It's nothing short of fantastic so far, would recommend everyone to play this game when if they get the chance. Totally loving it, it feels so different from Asylum but similar at the same time, and if you haven't played Asylum I would recommend you do that first else there's a risk it will feel a bit confined compared to City's more sandbox-oriented map.

So far it's easily a 5/5 for me, hope it keeps the quality up throughout the whole game. :)
I hope it doesn't dip toward the end of the game either, hopefully the boss fights will be better as well. I really haven't been doing that much of the main game, I blame the Riddler! So many different riddles keep cropping up, ans so many different types so that it never feels boring. I loved his implementation on the first one and I was under the impression that he was sorta scaled back this game but I couldn't be more wrong!

Catwoman is ace as well, she plays incredibly well and fits in with the style of the game perfectly, scaling buildings perfectly as her is incredibly satisfying and her whip is dead fun to use in big battles.

What % are you at for total completion? I've been playing for quite a few hours and I'm still only at 12%! Oh, and it looks really, really nice on my new 50" Plasma TV :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:18 pm

I'm playing Crash Team Racing a lot at the moment. I never played it when it was originally released, but downloaded it from PSN and have been playing it on the PSP. It's quite a nice little substitute for Mario Kart DS, just a shame there's no online multiplayer (for obvious reasons). That said, my brother came over a few weekends ago, and we played it for quite some time - he kept beating me though! In fact, considering I have a PS3 under the telly, we barely touched any current gen games and instead played a lot of retro stuff (namely Tekken 2 and various games on the Megadrive Collection).

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:12 pm

nokgod wrote:popped X-Men Legends into the 'cube as a bit of a change from Tenchu. Didn't realise how much fun it was. (never played it before) I can see me spending a good few hours with this :D
Its repetitive but awesome (particularly to X-Men fans)

Try the follow ups, Legends 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 (2 is awesome for Deadpool and his constant breaking of the 4th wall!)

giss

Post by giss » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:26 pm

ShadowMan wrote:What % are you at for total completion? I've been playing for quite a few hours and I'm still only at 12%! Oh, and it looks really, really nice on my new 50" Plasma TV :mrgreen:
I've been playing quite a lot this weekend (way more than I should), so I'm currently at a whooping 40% total completion, with the story completion at 72%. I agree there's A LOT of sidemissions to be completed and they don't suck like a lot of random pickups in other games. Still enjoying the hell out of this game for sure, the quality hasn't gone down one bit. :)

EDIT: oh and I've heard there's a New Game+ mode so you can always continue your riddles and such on a second playthrough :D
Last edited by giss on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

giss

Post by giss » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:35 pm

double post, sorry. clicked quote instead of edit -.-

yakmag

Post by yakmag » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Alice : Madness Returns

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:23 pm

Mostly playing Theresia on the DS...
... whod'a thunk a DS game could be spooky and unseteling :shock:

I've also been playing a bit of Silly Bands, Plants vs Zonbies. Don't know why people don't seem to like Silly Bands .
Why not visit my ramblings at Garry's Gaming Blog

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Put the PS2 on tonight for some King of Fighters 98 and TOCA Race Driver 3.

I love the challenge mode on KoF Orochi saga. It reminds me of the challenge tower on the new Mortal Kombat, like playing with no HUD, handicaps etc.

It's pretty mind blowing how well TOCA 3 still stands up. It has the feeling of actually racing and being a racing driver that most games just don't convey. The amount of content in that game is so good and I'm loving all the classic cars and races... 1930's grand prix!

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:17 pm

Deus Ex Invisible War.

Despite completing this on Xbox years ago i have very little memory of it. Thought id give it another go as a female and from the outset it does look very much simplified in comparison to Deus Ex 1. It doesnt "feel" as refined either.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

dste

Post by dste » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:38 am

nokgod wrote:popped X-Men Legends into the 'cube as a bit of a change from Tenchu. Didn't realise how much fun it was. (never played it before) I can see me spending a good few hours with this :D
It's good ain't it. I thought that it would get repetitive rather quickly but it didn't and I really enjoyed it.

Has a good large roster of characters which is good.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:31 am

Playing some Pikmin on the Cube (courtesy of rapidly-greying), it's not my usual type of game but I need to expand my gaming horizons a bit beyond the same old genres. It's a nice change of pace and I'm enjoying it.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

jcdentont1000

Post by jcdentont1000 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:22 am

ShadowNeku wrote:Deus Ex Invisible War.

Despite completing this on Xbox years ago i have very little memory of it. Thought id give it another go as a female and from the outset it does look very much simplified in comparison to Deus Ex 1. It doesnt "feel" as refined either.
ARRGGGHHHH hate this game, an abomination!

I'm currently playing Lego Harry Potter on the Xbox 360 with the missus, Inazuma Eleven on the DS and Fifa 12 on the Xbox 360 trying to get all the achievements.
XBox 360 Gamertag: jcdentont1000
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: TBC (Now, where did I leave my 3DS..)

"Trust no one. Question everything."

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:55 am

I went back to Joe Danger last night, next thing I knew it was 3am :shock: