What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Fri May 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Played threw Guardian Heroes just now.
That hidden Colosseum stage is bloody great fun.

if you have 99 continues

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Fri May 06, 2011 8:51 pm

More PC gaming for me, after finally being arsed to setup Xpadder, I've now discovered that PC gaming isn't the keyboard and mouse abortion it once was, Unreal Tournament is finally now playable... I spent a hour or so earlier fragging bots using my 360 pad :D

Also played a couple of hours into Beyond Good & Evil once again using Xpadder, even though I have the game on all the systems PS2, GameCube, XBOX & the HD version on 360 so there wasn't any real need to play the PC version but once I'd setup all the controls for the pad I got engrossed in the game, I think I'm gonna set up controls for Half-Life next as it's about time I actually played it, I've owned it since the original release and the furthest I got was the title menu due to it running like a dog on my old 266mhz AMD K6-2 system

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri May 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Ridge Racer 3D and I finally completed the last race on Expert track but nothing happened lol, I'm now gonna try and get full 100% by gipong back through the tiers to the races I haven;t done yet and see what happens. :mrgreen:

dste

Post by dste » Sat May 07, 2011 4:42 am

Started playing on P.N.0.3 on the ole Cube yesterday.

The levels are very samey but I actually like the fact that you cannot move and shoot at the same time, you have to be a lot more tactical.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

GameOverYeah

Post by GameOverYeah » Sat May 07, 2011 5:15 am

Fire Emblem on the DS. Really loving it, though I'm not sure if the story or art style is as good as the GBA versions (which were awesome). Still a really great game though so far!

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat May 07, 2011 7:53 am

dste wrote:Started playing on P.N.0.3 on the ole Cube yesterday.

The levels are very samey but I actually like the fact that you cannot move and shoot at the same time, you have to be a lot more tactical.
I find that game a bit weird actually. I've not been able to get into it but I can see it's a good game though.

I've been trying to get into Wave Race Blue Storm, I'm determined to get into this game but it's really hard, the racing is a bit too fast for it's own good but I'm slowly getting there and it's great fun when you're not crashing into everything and falling off the jet-ski.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat May 07, 2011 7:57 am

C=Style wrote:
dste wrote:Started playing on P.N.0.3 on the ole Cube yesterday.

I find that game a bit weird actually. I've not been able to get into it but I can see it's a good game though.

I've been trying to get into Wave Race Blue Storm, I'm determined to get into this game but it's really hard, the racing is a bit too fast for it's own good but I'm slowly getting there and it's great fun when you're not crashing into everything and falling off the jet-ski.
I think Blue Storm is inferior in every way to the original Wave Race on N64.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat May 07, 2011 8:08 am

sscott wrote: I think Blue Storm is inferior in every way to the original Wave Race on N64.
Yeah absolutely, the game is so fast the last thing it needs is a turbo, controls are awkward (Z to boost) plus that commentator guy, will he just shut the hell up for 5 seconds, at least you can turn the voices off which improves things immensely. I think this game could be very good if you master it, but that would take some doing. Is anyone here good at this game and can vouch for that?

deadpan666

Post by deadpan666 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:15 am

C=Style wrote:
sscott wrote: I think Blue Storm is inferior in every way to the original Wave Race on N64.
Yeah absolutely, the game is so fast the last thing it needs is a turbo, controls are awkward (Z to boost) plus that commentator guy, will he just shut the hell up for 5 seconds, at least you can turn the voices off which improves things immensely. I think this game could be very good if you master it, but that would take some doing. Is anyone here good at this game and can vouch for that?
I wouldn't claim to be good at it, but it does get easier the longer you play it! :D

It depends on your choice of character too....unfortunately for me it's one of the ladies that seems easiest to control. I remember when I bought Wave Race on the N64 though, thinking "What have I done!?" because I couldn't control it at first...had similar experiences with this one! Definitely a grower....
Cinema Of Stuff Presents - The Undying Monster! http://tinyurl.com/nekrjdx

Let's go, Mr. Driver!

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sat May 07, 2011 8:25 am

Dead Space on iPhone and stills plaing short bursts of Zombies on Megadrive.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat May 07, 2011 10:33 am

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare. I like it so far :D The inclusion of zombie's and other creatures (Sasquatch etc.) and the out there story is a nice welcome change to the serious tone of the main story. Probably the most fun I've had with DLC since Shivering Isles.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Reglan

Post by Reglan » Sun May 08, 2011 3:57 am

Gunstar Super Heroes. I've been on a big Treasure kick as of late and I thought I'd play this game again. Years ago, I was disappointed that this game borrowed so much from the original (including the plot), but I still thought it was a solid action game. Now, I view it in a higher light. It's a sweet-looking and playing GBA action title and easily one of the best GBA games anyone can play.

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sun May 08, 2011 4:26 am

I've been playing a bit of Pariah on the Xbox. I seem to remember there was a lot of excitement about this before it came out, but I can't understand why. So far it seems like FPS-by-numbers. I might stick with it, though, if only to find out whether the plot evolves from its current state of 'complete mess'.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sun May 08, 2011 6:03 am

Dead rising 2 - case west. The factory is a bit dull compared to the mall and you cant play as Frank in singleplayer, not bad so far though.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun May 08, 2011 8:06 am

Capcom Classics Mini-Mix on the GBA Micro, a very cool compilation of games - Mighty Final Fight, Bionic Commando and Strider all NES conversions but there's something very nice about being able to play these games on the Micro. Not sure about Strider, but the other 2 games are total classics.