What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DigitalDuck

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DigitalDuck » Fri May 06, 2011 9:23 am

DPrinny wrote:On disc two and its got one of them scuff rings on it crashed as soon as I finished the damn sneaky bit.
Yeah, for some reason Disc 2 seems to get scratched more often than any other - strange, as it's the shortest disc gameplay-wise. I have a few spare Disc 2s, if you'd like one...
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 am

And there's me half an hour away from winning one on eBay! :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Fri May 06, 2011 9:39 am

nakamura wrote:Playing Zelda Oracle of Ages, dungeon 7 now. Fantastic game and will be buying original of them soon.
I picked up Oracle of Seasons a while ago but havent started it. I shall have to pick up Ages and Minish Cap soon but i really dont like spending more than £20 on a handheld games
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Judoscar

Post by Judoscar » Fri May 06, 2011 9:44 am

Trying to stick to one retro title per console at a time. So ....

Playstation
Playing through Ridge Racer Type 4 at the moment. Really is such a great game and just looks so good. Going to move onto Porsche Challenge after his is completed.

Super Nintendo
Super Chase HQ. Not sure if I will ever complete this, but something about it keeps drawing me back.

Nintendo 64
San Francisco Rush 2049 is holding my attention at the moment. Love the whole series. A gem for me.

NES
Kung Fu. Lovely memories.

Megadrive
Not sure what to start next. Maybe Shadowrun or maybe Castle of Illusion.

On the modern consoles I am rotating between Killzone 3 (move), Motorstorm Apocalypse, Sports Champions, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirbys Yarn, and the wonder that is Demons Souls.

William S

Post by William S » Fri May 06, 2011 10:34 am

Syberia
ImageImageImage

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri May 06, 2011 10:51 am

DigitalDuck wrote:
DPrinny wrote:On disc two and its got one of them scuff rings on it crashed as soon as I finished the damn sneaky bit.
Yeah, for some reason Disc 2 seems to get scratched more often than any other - strange, as it's the shortest disc gameplay-wise. I have a few spare Disc 2s, if you'd like one...
Yeah sure.
Ill sort you out with some postage and a free pint of what evers on tap at what ever show we both end up at

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Fri May 06, 2011 11:06 am

DPrinny wrote:Yeah sure.
Ill sort you out with some postage and a free pint of what evers on tap at what ever show we both end up at
Okay, do you want another scratched one or a clean one? :lol:

Just kidding, PM me your details or something.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Fri May 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Playing through Super Castlevania IV. I can't believe how badly I missed out on that one. On stage 9 right now. A few silly deaths (mostly being knocked into pits by little buggers of course), but all in all I'll probably make it to the end :)

Probably the easiest of all the real classic 'vanias I'd imagine.

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:40 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:And there's me half an hour away from winning one on eBay! :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
I wasn't sniped for once, but damn if I'd had known I could have saved myself £3!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri May 06, 2011 12:53 pm

I have some bootleg versions on my PC
Dunno if they work or fit onto a CD (Says they do)

I just want to play the game threw again. then on to 2

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri May 06, 2011 1:57 pm

Kinnect adventures, but only until I find something else. Took a real dislike to the railcar stages, stop making me jump! I always have to change my avatar despite being logged in, there was no point going through the recognition rigamorole with kinnect if you have to change your avatar by hand anyway. Nearly finished it now though.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Fri May 06, 2011 2:08 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:
nakamura wrote:Playing Zelda Oracle of Ages, dungeon 7 now. Fantastic game and will be buying original of them soon.
I picked up Oracle of Seasons a while ago but havent started it. I shall have to pick up Ages and Minish Cap soon but i really dont like spending more than £20 on a handheld games
I thought that but I must have put close to 20 hours into it and it never gets boring. I will be getting originals very soon. :D
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri May 06, 2011 2:55 pm

I've been spending some time with Guardian Heroes and Manx TT on Saturn. I never realised how good Manx TT was, I didn't like it much in the arcade tbh but this home version has some great gameplay when you get into it.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:23 pm

^ Tricky though, winning a race is quite a feat unless you're right in the zone. Do you know how to race with the Tantalus bike, makes things a little easier.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri May 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Started Crysis 2. Wooooow. Graphically it is absolutely jaw-dropping. Not played in 3D yet (still waiting on the telly to be delivered). The way it plays is also very interesting, balancing the suit powers (which also equate to health) means you need to have a strategy before you do anything, then you need to be able to pull it off elegantly and, in the midst of everything, be creative and change it up. In that respect it almost plays like a fighting game pretty impressive so far.