What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowNeku

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by ShadowNeku » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:47 am

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Its Zelda, so you know its good. I find the ship captain Linebeck quite hilarious :P
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:25 am

found a rom of Mire mare on the speccy - so i have been playing that through an emulator....its ok but not worth all the fuss - good graphics though (for the time)

take a look here if you fancy playing it

youlookdelici0us-.tumblr.com/ask

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:45 am

its gone noon benny
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Lego Star Wars III on DS, top gameplay! and for me better than the home versions.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:45 pm

dreamcast games
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:06 pm

C=Style wrote:Lego Star Wars III on DS, top gameplay! and for me better than the home versions.
Is it still a piece of p1ss like all the other Lego games?

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:04 pm

sscott wrote:
C=Style wrote:Lego Star Wars III on DS, top gameplay! and for me better than the home versions.
Is it still a piece of p1ss like all the other Lego games?
Yeah it does seem to be really easy now you mention it but I don't think I'm anywhere near completing it yet so it may ramp up later.

Uaithne

Post by Uaithne » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Started playing Halo: Reach this morning. Just another Halo game is my opinion so far. I've never been able to get into the series - I think it's the annoying little 'Joe Pescis' that irritate me, running around muttering something all the time. That being said, I love the tech in the game - probably the reason the only Halo game I've been able to get behind to some degree was Halo Wars.

I've decided that this weekend I'll pull out the handful of 360 games I've bought over the past few months and either haven't had a chance to play at all, or much of. I think Fable II will be next on the list...

The Big Buck Hunter Pro / Big Buck Safari arcade machine at my local speak easy has also just been connected to the Internet, so have been putting some of my hard earned cash in that over the past week or so. Spending money on that does keep me off the beers... ;)
DPrinny wrote:^Well come to the addiction. I have managed to stop playing it
As for Minecraft, I only have it installed on my one Linux PC, so don't play it too often - mainly when I'm waiting for something else to happen on one of my other PCs. It's such a simple, but great little game. It seems an upgrade was released recently which lets you tame wolves ... yay!!!
"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be a child forever" -Marcus Tullius Cicero, 46BC

Wants List | Items for Sale

thl

Post by thl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Still levelling up with online Call of Duty: Black Ops on the PS3. Also resume back to some online Modern Warfare 2 for the Xbox 360 as I haven't play it for ages.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:15 am

Rayman on the 3DS, finally spending a little time with my 3DS this morning and although it's not really anything special I've enjoyed playing a few levels of the game.

llj

Post by llj » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Played Darkstalkers 3 PS1 after finding a copy this week. Since it's been announced on PSN, I guess demand for it has lowered and that's why it's cheaper now.

It actually looks and plays quite well. Unless you had an arcade cabinet, you wouldn't be able to spot the inferiorities aside from the load screens. Animation wise, the worst part of the game is actually the character selection screen when it lurches up and shows all the characters for you to select. It's very choppy.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:08 pm

llj wrote:Played Darkstalkers 3 PS1 after finding a copy this week. Since it's been announced on PSN, I guess demand for it has lowered and that's why it's cheaper now.

It actually looks and plays quite well. Unless you had an arcade cabinet, you wouldn't be able to spot the inferiorities aside from the load screens. Animation wise, the worst part of the game is actually the character selection screen when it lurches up and shows all the characters for you to select. It's very choppy.
To be honest, I found the audio noticeably inferior in this version compared to the Saturn Vampire Saviour. It's definitely a good port gameplay-wise though which makes a change after playing some of the badly compromised Capcom Vs games on the PS1.

I've got the PAL and US versions of DS3 (I'm collecting every Darkstalkers release since I'm a huge fan) but I've yet to play the US versions and see if the 60Hz of the NTSC version makes any noticeable difference.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:09 pm

For a change I fired up the PS2 today for some shmup action, I really wish I had one of those rare PS2 Saturn controllers. I did try and hunt one down a few years ago but it was super difficult. Maybe it would be easier on a Japanese action site.

Raiden III and Ibara were the main games I played, I find Ibara far too hard to be really enjoyable I don't mind admitting but Raiden III on the other hand is so playable and addictive, nothing about it is particularly new or original but it just feels so good to play. It really makes me crave for Raiden IV on 360.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:20 pm

C=Style wrote:For a change I fired up the PS2 today for some shmup action, I really wish I had one of those rare PS2 Saturn controllers. I did try and hunt one down a few years ago but it was super difficult. Maybe it would be easier on a Japanese action site.
Are they really that rare? I have this one (not my pic) but it's a special edition Darkstalkers version so since it's all boxed up and in nice nick, I don't use it.

I was tempted to track down a standard version (if one exists) to actually use but if they're gonna be expensive then I won't bother.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

llj

Post by llj » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Megamixer wrote:To be honest, I found the audio noticeably inferior in this version compared to the Saturn Vampire Saviour. It's definitely a good port gameplay-wise though which makes a change after playing some of the badly compromised Capcom Vs games on the PS1.

I've got the PAL and US versions of DS3 (I'm collecting every Darkstalkers release since I'm a huge fan) but I've yet to play the US versions and see if the 60Hz of the NTSC version makes any noticeable difference.

I think all fighting games on Playstation CDs had pretty inferior audio. SFA 3 on the PS1 is noticeably tinnier than the Anthology version on PS2, and of course I mentioned the PS2 Marvel vs Capcom 2 CD a while back as being inferior audio-wise.