What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Judoscar

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Judoscar » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:18 pm

1942 on WiiWare as I could not resist it being my favourite Aracde game along with Ghosts and Goblins. It is class, and I am still terrible at it! Brill though. Made me have a go on Ghosts and Goblins aswell - also brilliant, although I am slightly better at this.

Elsewhere, I fiddle on Metroid Other M as I am stuck, and need to have a rethink as to what I am doing. Will leave it for today. May leave this and have a bash on Red Steel 2 which I am yet to play.

On the 360 I am playing Alan Wake, but it is not that good really. It is alright but I preferred Silent Hill: Shattered Dimensions on the WIi. Very bored with my 360 generally and rarely play it.

Kinect is going on ebay tonight, as I just cannot be arsed to stand up to play games. Love it. The kids are more than happy with Wii/Mario/DK etc ...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Minecraft.
The world it gives is way to big as I died respwaned and spent the last half hour trying to find my base

With a giant one of them in the sky I should be able to see it with ease

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:45 pm

Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? Chefbot 9000 is a git. :evil:

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:07 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
dste wrote:Decided to carry on and get 100% on Brutal Legend, currently on 91%.
Which version? There was a bug in the PS3 one that corrupts the save game once you get beyond 85%ish depending on the missions played. Might have been patched now but was still an issue when I played last year.
Is that a known bug? Dammit!

That happened to me, first game save that has ever corrupted on me.
I did everything, and I mean everything....all the missions, side missions, all the shrines and collectables and viewpoints.....

....did the last hunter mission to get 100%, killed the animals....the hunter didn't reappear on the map.

Saved...rebooted.....games picked-up from the start. All gone.

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:29 am

Started playing both Vanqiush & Mass Effect, had a go at mass effect once before and didnt get in to it but its growiing on me, and vanquish is great fun, also had a go at fatal labyrinth last night, admitedly just to get the achievement but will go back and play it some more.

Cancun

Post by Cancun » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:36 am

Sim City, yes the first one.

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:37 am

finally got round to playing fallout new vegas recently, and played a bit more last couple of days. enjoying it so far.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:39 am

Had a quick go of Unbound Saga on the PSP. Its got the exact same premise as Comix Zone but without any of the visual flair. The first few levels have been horridly bland city streets.

The combat itself isn't very fun either, it's quite slow and clunky because it's set in a 3D arena. The actual comic cutscenes and voicework is great though and at least there's a RPG-lite ability leveling system. It's a game I'll beat once, then play half of it again with a friend and then forget that it exists.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Paid £16 for God Hand on PS2 the other week. Probably the top-end of it's value but I don't care because the game was mint and it's so much fun too. Ball-bruisingly hard even on easy but it always seems possible so I'm really enjoying it at the moment.

Love Elvis' boss theme!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Raziel

Post by Raziel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:48 pm

God Hand is a bit of an acquired taste, but I certainly agree with you. Its just so much fun and some of those moves just never get old.

Clearing up a few old games at the mo before getting on to new stuff; around the time Yakuza 4 hits the shelves. Anyway, the Mrs picked up Prince of Persia for peanuts and I've just started that. Not played a Pop game since Sands of Time, seems ok so far and I love the graphical style.

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Busy playing through Just Cause on the Xbox 360 while those wonderful cheapo Amazon guys send me Just Cause 2.

It's quite a cool game, even if it is easy as hell. Seriously, even Kirby games are harder. :P
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Urgh dieing on Minecraft is a pain in the arse. THE RESPAWN POINT IS MILS AWAY FROM MY BASE! and I dont know what direction to go in.
The game world is way to big spent about 2 hours just wandering in one direction and saw loads of new areas

I have also dug a hole to the centre of the world with a winding stair case. (Fell off the top to my death)

SinclairStrange

Post by SinclairStrange » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Just about to start playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Armed with a brew, I'm sure I'll finish the game before I've finished my lovely hot beverage.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Harry potter and the philosophers stone on PS1. Lol.

I picked it up from a chairty shop ages ago. An hour and a half in and im 50% through.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

featherz

Post by featherz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:47 pm

black ops new maps tonight and also spent 4 hours on dragonage origins, brilliant game now 10 hours in.