What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Megamixer » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:41 am

Bare Knuckle 2. Getting my Japanese copy recently has given me an excuse to play it again and again and again...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:09 am

Been playing though Elite Beat Agents on DS, I forgot how hard the last stage is.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:12 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:Been playing though Elite Beat Agents on DS, I forgot how hard the last stage is.
Isn't it just. Those spinning wheels that appear all to frequently at the end of the song made it almost impossible for me to clear it. Did manage it in the end though.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:46 am

Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock (still) - it's easily the best GH game so far. Setlist is great, 1 player is good, multi-player is a laugh. I recommend it :3

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:10 am

Deary me, been playing Shadow the Hedgehog on GC and it really is a total abortion. I can just about see that deep down somewhere there is a good game waiting to get out but there is such a massive pile of crap layered on top of it all that it's probably not worth digging to find out.

Also the wonderful TrackMania Wii, nearly finished the Expert stages now, got a quite a few golds on them already. They're not actually as tough as I was thinking they were going to be but it still offers a huge challenge. I'm still loving this game though.

Mr Creosote

Post by Mr Creosote » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:04 am

Dug out my old Atari 800xl last night and plugged my heavily battered cartridge of "Star Raiders" in for old times sake-bought in 1981 (probably before some posters were born) and shot censored out of Zylon fighters and Basestars-top game!

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:09 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:Been playing though Elite Beat Agents on DS, I forgot how hard the last stage is.
It took me weeks to finish that last stage on hard, only to realise that there was another dificulty level after that. I haven't touched it since.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

giss

Post by giss » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:34 am

mostly Minecraft, and some F-Zero X

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:45 am

mixing too much games (Resident Evil 4 on Wii, Lord Of The Rings Online trial, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Rock Band 2 and a couple of others)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:49 pm

killbot wrote:
It took me weeks to finish that last stage on hard, only to realise that there was another dificulty level after that. I haven't touched it since.
I struggled for weeks on the lowest setting I think. So epic in an insane way though.

How do you play as the female agents? They're mentioned in the manual but it doesn't say how to use them...I'm guessing it'll be on the hardest difficulty or something :|
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Parasite Eve 2 last Boss now so not long
Elidon and Arabian Nights Commodore 64 my good these are hard
Heavenly Sword PS3 the motion sensor bits really ruin a game I like a lot
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:13 pm

Scarface on Xbox 1, it was £1.99 in Cash Generator, bought it yesterday, already have the (ace) PS2 version, was curious how the XB one would compare.

Best and most surprising thing is: it's backward compatible with 360!!! And it's still ace!!!! :D

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Did anyone else here sign up and get accepted into the new Xbox 360 dashboard beta?

I'm now using it and have to say I'm fairly impressed. It looks a lot tidier now, the guide menu has been really cleaned up, battery indicator looks a lot nicer, it's all in a very swish black and white colour and notification messages are higher resolution so they look good when they pop up on the screen.

It's also made the dash a lot quicker to use, "My Xbox" used to take ages to load as I have over 90+ items from retail/XBLA/XNA games, demo's etc but with this new update it's very quick.

There's a whole host of small enhancements that is too long to list here, I did notice that they have upped the amount of resolutions you can use through HDMI, so for all owners of 768p HDTV's (which are quite common) you are in luck as you can now use that through HDMI to minimise down/upscaling.

There's also a new intro boot screen animation which is very cool, and the avatars have had their heads shrunk, they look a bit better now I guess. :mrgreen:

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:28 pm

C=Style wrote:Did anyone else here sign up and get accepted into the new Xbox 360 dashboard beta?
Yes me too.

I really like it, it looks alot cleaner, makes nicer noises and generally has a more... mature? feel.

Also agree with the improved performance in speed, much needed!

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:48 pm

been palying SSFIV with Dam from the forum over PSN.