What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

The Last Ginja

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:13 pm

Destiny, more Destiny and a bit of Destiny-PS4.

In between Destiny, I've been playing Forza Horizon 2 on the Bone and I managed to fire up Far Cry 4 on the PS4 for an hour or so before I went back to Destiny.

Destiny.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:49 pm

Started playing The Game Of Thrones adventure by Tell Tale, really liked what they did with the Walking Dead games and this seems hopeful, playing it on PS4 instead of PC this time and the controls feel a little unfamiliar, more basic and less adventure gaming like.

Kaptain_Von

Post by Kaptain_Von » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:33 am

Started playing Resistance 2 yesterday. Despite having it and Resistance 3 in my collection and loving Resistance for some reason I never got round to playing them until now. Going to make up for lost time. :)
Cue the music, fade to black...
----------------------------------------------------------
http://kaptainskonfessions.blogspot.com/

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:44 pm

Metal slug defense
Yes you can easily win if you pay to get good units at the start, but no fun in that

Im currently on stage 8 and have fond the easiest way to win is to spam shield types then grenadiers till I have my AP charge going up fast then start spamming shielders, Fio, the tank and troop carryers till I win
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Captain Toad... really enjoying this, apparently its easy... which explains my struggles!

Also Super Mario World 3d....

I don't know why I didn't purchase a Wii U much sooner than I did.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Fuse died a lot, had EAs Origin service shoved in my face and got board, still was only three quid
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

David

Post by David » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Fifa 15, but winning 4 and 5 nil every game, seems really easy to score

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Been playing lots on my Retron5 and have utilized the screenshot feature so here is what I've been playing

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Minerals

Post by Minerals » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Playing a fair bit of Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell on PS4, still not sure if i like it or not. I find the controls to not be very intuitive at times, but its absurdly great fun to play.

Analog

Post by Analog » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:47 pm

resident evil 6. I can see why this game is hated by so many people, there are some glaring flaws in it. but I also think there's stuff to like about it too, it's just a shame they didn't get some of the things right, it could have been brilliant.

super mario 3d world. amazing! seriously one of the best mario games I have ever played. :D

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:54 am

Super Mario Brothers Wii U and NES Remix 1. Both amazing! if your on the fence about it, GET A WII U!!!!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:37 pm

King of fighters 2012A - Android

Urgh

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:09 pm

Analog wrote:resident evil 6. I can see why this game is hated by so many people, there are some glaring flaws in it. but I also think there's stuff to like about it too, it's just a shame they didn't get some of the things right, it could have been brilliant.

super mario 3d world. amazing! seriously one of the best mario games I have ever played. :D
Personally I loved resi 6 and didnt really like Super Mario 3D world very much, in fact I gave it away in the RN+ thread recently.
To be honest I was the same with the latest Mario Kart. Everyone was rabbiting on like it was gaming nirvana and I was left cold by it

Currently playing Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance on GBA/JXD. Class game. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:04 pm

Funny you say that Gman, I found Mario Kart 8 a little empty - I've had a lot of fun with it, but feels like more "gloss" than "heart" if that makes sense? It looks amazing, sounds amazing... and had fun with DD with it... but just that bit missing for me... Still glad I own it though... and my feelings to MK started to fall away with MK7 on the 3DS.

Super Mario World 3d though, I have found that to be massive fun and in my top whatever of games... looks beautiful... and again, a great family game!!
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:20 pm

slacey1070 wrote:Funny you say that Gman, I found Mario Kart 8 a little empty - I've had a lot of fun with it, but feels like more "gloss" than "heart" if that makes sense? It looks amazing, sounds amazing... and had fun with DD with it... but just that bit missing for me... Still glad I own it though... and my feelings to MK started to fall away with MK7 on the 3DS.

Super Mario World 3d though, I have found that to be massive fun and in my top whatever of games... looks beautiful... and again, a great family game!!
Can you have more than one person on the screen with 3D world like you can with Mario Bros U?