What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 16, 2007 7:29 am

I've heard that, though I've not had any problems myself.

I once couldn't get the display back again when I put it out of range on a mates laptop, but that's the only issue I've seen.

I'd go hunting the frets on fire forums to troubleshoot if I were you.

Pity you've missed the tutorial, as its amusingly done.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

merman

Post by merman » Wed May 16, 2007 10:47 am

Guitar Hero 2 (PS2) - all songs on Easy done to 5 stars, just half a dozen left on Medium. Still only managed to do 3 songs on Expert though.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Wed May 16, 2007 12:28 pm

Still GT4....72.3%.....

And Frets On Fire.....

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 16, 2007 12:29 pm

merman wrote:Guitar Hero 2 (PS2) - all songs on Easy done to 5 stars, just half a dozen left on Medium. Still only managed to do 3 songs on Expert though.
5 stars or Gold?

I started going for gold this morning on easy, got the first 4 songs down without any major problems.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

merman

Post by merman » Thu May 17, 2007 11:39 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
merman wrote:Guitar Hero 2 (PS2) - all songs on Easy done to 5 stars, just half a dozen left on Medium. Still only managed to do 3 songs on Expert though.
5 stars or Gold?

I started going for gold this morning on easy, got the first 4 songs down without any major problems.
Oh.

That means I've got to play it some more to get Gold then. :lol:

(Actually did a couple of songs earlier, Shout at the Devil on Medium being one to 100%. Got four stars on every (main) song on Medium now, and boosted my Freebird to 90%...)
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu May 17, 2007 12:22 pm

Freebird is a git to play. I myself, have been playing Virtua on a lot over the past 2 days. Its ok with the pad but dead awkward as My pads left shoulder Button isnt all that great and reactions arent all that fast
Watching you sleep since 1990

Dan

Post by Dan » Thu May 17, 2007 4:07 pm

I am currently playing DEAD RISING which can be really hard in places as you only have 1 save slot and have to keep going back to save your game every time you progress or it just kicks you back to the begining.
i know this game is seen as a bit old already but i managed to finish CRACKDOWN and GEARS OF WAR befor this one. :o

Dark Reaper

Post by Dark Reaper » Thu May 17, 2007 4:27 pm

Today, I've mostly been playing Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta. :D

Freshmetal

Post by Freshmetal » Thu May 17, 2007 7:00 pm

Managed to find a copy of Amplitude for the PS2 today, so I've been jamming away on that, as well as getting back into Red Faction.

MikeHive

Post by MikeHive » Thu May 17, 2007 8:43 pm

I dug out Super Mario RPG today :D I never got around to playing very far into it, so it seemed like a good game to take a fresh stab at...

Such a shame it never got a proper UK release though :(
~Mike
www.bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive

Barkie

Post by Barkie » Fri May 18, 2007 5:04 am

Some of the old stuff i have been playing again is Shadowrun (snes), Disc and paradroid 90 on the ST.

I notice as every year passes how my reaction times get worse at some of these games on the Speccy etc.

I must have had the reactions of a ninja when i was a kid to get by some levels.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri May 18, 2007 5:23 am

Jets n Guns, it's a decent little pc shooter.
Splink!

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Fri May 18, 2007 5:37 am

Dan wrote:I am currently playing DEAD RISING which can be really hard in places as you only have 1 save slot and have to keep going back to save your game every time you progress or it just kicks you back to the begining.
i know this game is seen as a bit old already but i managed to finish CRACKDOWN and GEARS OF WAR befor this one. :o
I recently bought a 360, and have been playing Dead Rising too. It is fun but does get difficult, and I've died more than once having not saved for a while. :( The last time I was trying to go to a save point and got trapped in a narrow corridor and killed just yards away from my goal :roll:

Just in case you didn't know, the restrooms also serve as save points so you don't have to go back to the security office every time.

It might be worth dying a couple of times early in the game and choosing to "Save status and exit". Then next time you start the game (from the begining) you keep your level and skills from the previous game. It's much easier to breeze through the begining when you've leveled up once or twice.

I recently accidentally overwrote my profile and save games on my 360, so I lost all my Dead Rising progress. I need to start again :roll:

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri May 18, 2007 5:50 am

The Forza Motorsport 2 demo, with the MS wheel.

Shows GT4 up to be the physics joke that it is.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Fri May 18, 2007 6:07 am

Apart from Wonderboy in the Retroleague, I've been randomly trying out some other stuff.

BB Tanks Beta (PC) - http://www.ogplanet.com/bbt/default.asp:
This is pretty much a... let's say 'tribute' to the multiplayer tactical blast 'em up, Gunbound. It's a bit rough around the edges on first impressions, but then it is still a beta. Be warned if you're gonna try either this game or Gunbound out - I lost many, many hours at uni due to the latter.

Lost Planet Demo (PC) - http://www.lostplanet-thegame.com/: This one's pretty much being used as a benchmarking tool at the moment really, as nobody is much of a fan of the game itself. I personally haven't been able to play it too much due (I assume) to a bug relating to the game & my graphics card which causes it to crash. Nevertheless, it's insane eye-candy from what I managed to see, and the fact it also has a DirectX 10 version means those with such cards and Vista can give their cards a real next-gen rinsing out.

Cellfactor Revolution (PC) - http://www.cellfactorrevolution.com/:
A curious free game which I've only really been playing due to the physics it offers within, utilising the AGEIA PhysX drivers. Basically, the game's an Unreal Tournament-style FPS, but you're able to use Psi-Powers, much in the vein of Second Sight, for instance. This means you can pull and throw pretty much anything you like around the playing arenas, as well as creating insane explosions and generally making a mess out of the props around the environment. However, you need a PhysX Accelerator card to get the best out of it. You can watch a video here.

And of course... I am STILL playing Trackmania United ;)