What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

shiftytigger

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Capcom Classics reloaded on PSP , Thanks to Nokgod. Some of my favourite Capcom stuff on here. I love Mercs and Higemaru especially but have to say not having so much fun with King of Dragons or Knights of the Round any more. I know its a harsh comparison but Guardian heroes is more fun , mainly with the variety of attacks. Weird when Final Fight remains a favourite despite very limited attacks.

Eco fighters was another high point , interesting concept and game mechanic.

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:30 am

I've just started Sleeping Dogs (360) and i've got to say I'm really enjoying it! It's been sat in my Steam library for two years but since it was given away via 'Games with Gold' a few months back I thought it was about time I started it.

It's probably my favourite sandbox city game i've played since Vice City, whether that will change when I eventually play GTA V though is any ones guess.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:35 am

Dragons Crown on the Vita thanks to Playstation Plus. The plot is bobbins, in traditional scrolling beat-em-up fashion, and the character models for the female characters are ridiculous bordering on perverted, but it's lots of fun.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:01 pm

ArchaicKoala wrote:I've just started Sleeping Dogs (360) and i've got to say I'm really enjoying it! It's been sat in my Steam library for two years but since it was given away via 'Games with Gold' a few months back I thought it was about time I started it.

It's probably my favourite sandbox city game i've played since Vice City, whether that will change when I eventually play GTA V though is any ones guess.
gta V is my faverote sandbox game and all the gta III era games are drawn 2nd place sleepings was a great game but the story was boring for me
This guy are sick

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Ratchet and clank nexus - yup, it's ok, not bad, decent, worth a try etc.

Killer Instinct (XB1 version) - bored , bored, bored, got halfway through the tutorial before giving in.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:33 pm

nothing at all atm, and not bothered in the slightest. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Sometimes too much choice means not making a choice at all.

Me , playing Ghosts n Goblins on PSP and ready to give up. The game gets so cruel later on and those fire throwing flying gits are doing my brain in.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Pulled a random set of crappy budget PS2 games off the shelf with a view to actually trying them out to see if they should just go to the growing ebay pile instead:

Soccer Life - I'd heard that this was a bit of a hidden gem but it was just boring...extremely boring. I signed up some youth players and got them contracts and it was literally a case of fast forwarding through months of inactivity with the only news headlines being upcoming tournaments that I'm too lowly to play in or 5 different managers getting sacked. I'm sure it probably picks up later on down the line but when you're waiting for the next 'month' to load and you end looking around the room in boredom, you know it's not worth your time.

Soccer Life 2 - still sealed, looks the same from the back of the box so won't even bother unseal it. Straight to the sale stack.

Xtreme Express: World Grand Prix - train racing where you can ram other trains off the track sounded ace and for the first few minutes, I was laughing my head off but then it quickly lost any appeal. Too easy to get left behind and just not that exciting once the humour factor has worn off. Shame.

Mister Moskeeto - At last! Something decent! Play as a mosquito sucking blood from the members of a Japanese family without being swatted/sprayed or killed in any number of other ways. You have a target level of blood to drain on each level plus bonus items to find hidden around the different rooms of the house such as extra blood tanks, health power-ups etc. It's silly and sometimes quite tough to land and suck blood without being swatted (instant death) but it's also great fun. Will probably keep this one.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:01 am

Warriors Orochi 3
The game that says "F**K continuity, we time travelling"
Already faced off with Achilles and gone back in time saw some one die then went furuter back to get something to stop him from dying

I dont like the menu system as for the weapon side of things its the only thing you have to speak to some one to do
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:05 am

Currently going through the WoS vaults to see what I never played before, spurred on by a recent purchase of a 48k speccy with a couple of games I never heard of.

Im not enjoying the following.

Victory Road
Thingy and the Doodahs
Treasure Island (did have this but seems rock hard now)

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:20 am

soccer life and soccer life 2 will find homes on here as they are 505 games, especially if still sealed,

i bought another radica plug and play so am playing cannon fodder a fair bit

Kentilla

Post by Kentilla » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:26 pm

I'm halfway through Thief on the PS4 - the download version - wishing I'd bought it in hard copy so I could sell it on. It's an abomination compared to the original games but I can't bring myself to delete it without completing the main quest at least.

In between bouts of righteous fist shaking at the TV I'm also playing Last Ninja 2 and Wizball on the C64, Uninvited on the ST and Ico and Fatal Frame 2 on the PS2.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:29 pm

DPrinny wrote:Warriors Orochi 3
Already faced off with Achilles and gone back in time saw some one die then went furuter back to get something to stop him from dying

I dont like the menu system as for the weapon side of things its the only thing you have to speak to some one to do
What continuity? You have Soul Calibur and Ninja Gaiden/DOA characters turning up as well :lol: Its got a crazy good cast of characters though, only bettered by the "Ultimate" release that is coming in September.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:00 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Warriors Orochi 3

What continuity? You have Soul Calibur and Ninja Gaiden/DOA characters turning up as well :lol: Its got a crazy good cast of characters though, only bettered by the "Ultimate" release that is coming in September.
For next gen,
Im lot laying down ££££ for a new version of a game I already have
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:44 pm

flatapex wrote:soccer life and soccer life 2 will find homes on here as they are 505 games, especially if still sealed
Hello.
My name is gman.
And I love 505 games across all formats... there... I said it.

I recently picked this little belter on PS3
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD