What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Edify

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Edify » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:47 pm

Just playing Ni No Kuni right now, 30 hours in and totally engrossed.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:51 pm

I'm enjoying CoD MW3 on 360 and Bit Trip saga on.3ds...
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Analog

Post by Analog » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:47 pm

last day or so ,worms crazy golf, its good fun and cheap too,little frustrating at times though... currently trying to get par on one of the levels on the pirate course, to do that I gotta trigger the magnet which uses up two shots.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Pissed about with a game.com emulator, games are a touch more playable

Videos of it all are on the stream
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:14 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:I'm playing all sorts. I had a go on Tekken Tag Tournament last night. I know it's 50hz and isn't considered the best Tekken game but for me it is one of my favourites. The thing with fighting games is this, these days it all seems to be about Evo, and tournaments and the Fighting Game Community (The FGC) but in a way I think that does fighting games a bit of a disservice. There is a reason why games like Garou, 3rd Strike, Kof 98, Guilty Gear X2 and Tekken Tag are some of my all time favourites, it isn't just the fine tuned gameplay, it's the artistic side of the games, the music, the visual design, the tone, it's loads of different things outside of the gameplay that make them special to me.
Also in the case of Tekken Tag it was basically a celebration of the series before it became what it is today, in that case it is kind of nostalgic.
Tekken tag is awesome the only let down was it had tekken 2 and 3 fighters but no tekken 1 skins also tag 2 is awesome 4 was a let down 5 was good and 6 was so so but sf x tekken was good
This guy are sick

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Up to level 90 in Dragon's Crown now and very close to beating the 'Infernal' difficulty.

Also started Metroid Other M and it's a bit boring. I'm not even talking about the cutscenes and dialogue (that most people hate on) but just the general gameplay and environments which are so uninspiring and dull. Switching between views is annoying and the automatic lock on when in 3rd person just seems simplistic. In any case, I had two disc read errors that crashed the Wii on both occasions and I got fed up of having to re-do areas so I've temporarily given up until I can get hold of a lens cleaner.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

crotea

Post by crotea » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:49 pm

Megamixer wrote:Up to level 90 in Dragon's Crown now and very close to beating the 'Infernal' difficulty.

Also started Metroid Other M and it's a bit boring. I'm not even talking about the cutscenes and dialogue (that most people hate on) but just the general gameplay and environments which are so uninspiring and dull. Switching between views is annoying and the automatic lock on when in 3rd person just seems simplistic. In any case, I had two disc read errors that crashed the Wii on both occasions and I got fed up of having to re-do areas so I've temporarily given up until I can get hold of a lens cleaner.
Is dragons crown really that good? thinking about getting it on the vita.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:58 pm

crotea wrote:Is dragons crown really that good? thinking about getting it on the vita.
If you like side-scrolling beat 'em ups, fantasy-themed games or any of Vanillware's previous games (and their beautiful 2D art style) then yes, I'd say get it. As much as I love Dragon's Crown however, there is quite a lot of grinding through the same areas if you want to level up to the max (due to the RPG elements of the game) so bear that in mind. Otherwise, it was one of my games of last year and definitely one of my PS3 favourites :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Been streaming some DOS games with limited success
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Silver on DC. Love it

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:17 pm

samhain81 wrote:Silver on DC. Love it
Really? I thought that was one of the most hideous games on the DC with god-awful gameplay. Each to their own. I like plenty of games that people despise :D

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:02 am

Diablo 3. It's ok so far, playing co-op with the missus so that helps. Hopefully levelling up will make it a bit more fun, seems a bit shallow. The story and dialogue is just awful cheesy garbage.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:05 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:Diablo 3. It's ok so far, playing co-op with the missus so that helps. Hopefully levelling up will make it a bit more fun, seems a bit shallow. The story and dialogue is just awful cheesy garbage.
:( I always picture you as playing Fighters Megamix....why do you spoil my preconceptions with your variety?! :?

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:26 am

Fallout New Vegas add ons :D Oh and Wolf Among Us episode 3.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote::( I always picture you as playing Fighters Megamix....why do you spoil my preconceptions with your variety?! :?
The good old Saturn always gets a play but it has been 17 years since FMM came out (now I feel old).