What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

HalcyonDaze00

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:34 pm

Going to start The Walking Dead (season 2 episode 1) later

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:08 am

I am currently playing the waiting game for Dark Souls 2 :D

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:52 pm

Completed all but 2 levels of Duck Tales Remastered on hard difficulty, though I must admit I'm not looking forward to the final boss. Also just started Saints Row 3 and hoping I'll enjoy it as much as SR2

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:41 am

Pool paradise. Won my first match in practice mode, nice learning curve on it.

Once I stop making stupid mistakes I will be awesome at it

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Completed all but 2 levels of Duck Tales Remastered on hard difficulty, though I must admit I'm not looking forward to the final boss. Also just started Saints Row 3 and hoping I'll enjoy it as much as SR2
Final boss isn't too bad once you get the timing down. The escape bit after though can still be a pain though.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Legendary Axe 2 on the PC Engine. Great game that plays like a cross between Rastan and Castlevania. Its a great game although the whip is probably the worst weapon. But then there are no Belmonts in this game.

Might have to track down the first game at some point. Looks slightly different to the 2nd game but I've read that a some people enjoy it more

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Donkey Kong Country Returns on the 3DS. Well, up to World 6 where I've just given up. I've been sort of enjoying it but now I've just had enough of it. :?

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:16 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:Completed all but 2 levels of Duck Tales Remastered on hard difficulty, though I must admit I'm not looking forward to the final boss. Also just started Saints Row 3 and hoping I'll enjoy it as much as SR2
Final boss isn't too bad once you get the timing down. The escape bit after though can still be a pain though.

On my medium run I died more times in that final chase than the entire game :oops: It is the correct kind of difficult though, where you feel any mistakes were down to your poor judgment instead of the game being unfair. The mexied music and graphics look incredible, although I do wish there was an option to play in 8-bit mode

Still playing Saints Row 3 - have to admit I've never played a sequence where you escape on a hand card being pulled by a BDSM slave then beat people to death with a giant purple dildo. It still has that annoying mechanic where combat gets too hectic, you get hit by a vehicle and struck again before you can even get up.

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Demon's Souls (PS3)

after finishing Dark Souls 1 and finding this 2nd hand, i've started this about a week ago

i find it's more difficult than DS, managed to beat a certain boss that comes in pairs almost by accident (and even after having read some tips and watch someone on Youtube do it)

personal favourite world is the 3rd one (Tower Of Latria), which gives off a nice H.P. Lovecraft kind of vibe

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:59 am

Last thing I played was Project Zomboid on PC. Really is a fantastic game, got a bit too over my head at one point and was riding my luck for way too long and I unfortunately got bit and infected. Lasted for over 17 days though which isn't bad for my first proper go. Was almost done on the first stage of my planned fort too.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Radiant Silvergun on XBLA. I needed to kill a few days and not having this retro gem seems like a massive oversight. So far so confusing, six weapons and three colours is a lot to learn. It doesn't have the purity and simplicity of ikaruga but you can see the building blocks are all there.

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Fallout 3. Bit late to the Fallout party (by about 6 years lol) but must admit im loving it :D I didn't think anything would grab so much of my gaming time as Skyrim but this has. I have New Vegas too but haven't opened that yet (been told its just as good though).

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:34 am

The Walking Dead - Season 2 Episode 1, about half way through and it is simply outstanding.

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 am

I just purchased Dark Souls 2 (X Box 360)

What with this and MGS out next Friday I may be some time...

See you all on my birthday :D

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:54 am

Strider reboot which is incredibly hard.. Got to the boss fight against those three woman from the first Strider(Level 2 bosses on the Airship)

Also Batman Arkham Origins really hate this game!! Swing round crime in progress generic thug fight, swing round some more crime in progress; more generic thugs... Baby crying in pram fight Ninja girls.. Did the Anarchy missions more generic thugs but you press A by a bomb to defuse it.. Don't think you even fight Anarchy in the Court House as Batman walks away from him as "He's just a kid"

You don't even fight Black Mask, Firefly or Deadshot, and 'Black Mask' he's supposed to be the main villain.. Unless Deadshots not an Assassin and some other side mission like Mad Hatter? Mad Hatters side mission was fun

Worst thing was the main thugs voice acting "It's the Bat" in a Brooklyn accent followed by "He's just a little man" I found the voice/saying annoying the first time I heard it, even more so hearing it every other fight!
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"