What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

mr gryzor

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by mr gryzor » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:04 am

Call Of Duty:Ghosts-X360

Batman Arkham Origins-X360

Street Fighter 3 third strike -X360
C64-Atari ST-PC Engine-Sega Megadrive-SNES-Neo Geo-Sony Playstation-N64-Dreamcast-Gamecube-XBOX-Nintendo Wii-XBOX360-XBOX ONE

dste

Post by dste » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:28 pm

DPrinny wrote:Hunt the charger (for PSP)
Yesterday i was playing hunt the 360 pad.

I lost. :(
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:03 pm

crotea wrote:Going to buy Diablo 2 because I've just being reading the Original games article in the retro gamer collection 7, getting pumped :D
You won't be disappointed, one of my all time favorite games. You also need to pick up the expansion for it (assuming you aren't buying some double pack or gold edition etc) adds a lot more.

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:19 pm

House Of The Dead 4 (although I preferred 3), perfect Friday night gaming with a few ales :D

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:15 pm

WWE 14 universe mode, getting rid of most of the modern day stars and trying to turn it into an updated wrestlefest!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Seriously. Dead Rising 2. It's been a long time since I've laughed this much at a game. You haven't experienced catastrophic levels of wrong until you are wearing a mankini, a Lego head, and green superhero boots, whilst peddling a trike and being covered in blood ...... then you get a cut scene with everyone oblivious to what you are wearing :lol: :lol: :lol: oh and you are peddling behind your co-op partner who is wearing nothing but heart boxer shorts and carrying a fit blonde women wearing lacy underwear on his back and to keep the dark wrongness? there is a sledgehammer?!?!?!?!?

When you do change in to something wrong? you stand there doing a little dance saying 'oooooh I'm a big boy now' which just increases the wrong exponentially :lol:

This game has got me considering Dead Rising 3 on the XO :oops:

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Pokemon Fire Red (GBA) on my phone!

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:48 am

Remember me. So far I'm pretty impressed, the graphics are really nice and I love the aesthetic feel of the game. The fighting is ok but at least has some tactical element, hopefully it can maintain the good start.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:31 pm

In recent times I have had quite a bit of gaming time which is nice. Finished Metroid Prime 3, Zero Mission and Super in the last month. Super took me two sessions but it was as brilliant as ever! Also close to the end of Fusion.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark have kept me entertained also. Both are still brilliant games despite the low frame rate of the latter. In fact PD is my first ever playthrough so nostalgia can't be chucked at me. :wink:

Other N64 games have kept me going, Wave Race and F-Zero are the main ones, both are utter classics.

Today has seen a day, well an hour or so of PlayStation memories. Destruction Derby still impresses technically and is fun to play. V-Rally 2 is absolutely superb still, very fast and good handling. Some Wipeout and Ridge Racer too.

More current has seen me play Fifa 14 which I adore. Never have I played a Fifa game alone so much, it's normally exclusively multiplayer. Also Dead Space is getting a work out and without doubt it's one of the best games of the generation.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Been having a little break from rpg's and had a good old multiplayer sesh with my son on CoD Ghosts. I'm still awful, but slightly less awful than the first time we played it. Starting to get my head around a few of the maps now.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Ys The Ark of Napishtim

Read as "NapShitIm"
But not, time will tell if I get sick of it

Jannie de ark?
that bloody hard to get RPG on PSP, until the game started stop working,

If only it wasn't s bloody pricy

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:13 am

Dragon Age. It's taken me several attempts over the years, but I finally "get" the game and have been playing it solidly over the week

giss

Post by giss » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 pm

I just started playing Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea (PC) yesterday so that is my main game at the moment.

I'm also learning to play Dwarf Fortress (PC). I have the basics down but there's a lot of content in that game and it's not very self-explanatory. Still, can't help but love it! I can't help but think it would be better with some more advanced type of graphics (and yeah, I do use a tileset ofcourse, but I meant more in the general sense) but the fact that it's still a fun game despite the barely existing graphics just proves how great the gameplay is.

And third but not least, the everlasting Team Fortress 2 (PC). Even if I haven't been playing it very actively lately I still usually boot it up once or twice a week atleast.

So basically I'm a PC gamer at the moment. Which is pretty rare for me.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:08 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Dragon Age. It's taken me several attempts over the years, but I finally "get" the game and have been playing it solidly over the week
I did that too. Awakenings is awesome, and to be honest all the other "mini"dlc packs are worth it too. I put 90 hours into one character and bloody love that game. If you can pick up a cheap Ultimate Edition it's worth it. I do not however love Dragon Age 2 :(

OT: I've just scratched the surface of GTA V and The Lost and the Damned after finishing IV last week but I need something more linear and focused, so I'm playing Resi 5 co-op on PC.

I'm still picking away at Rayman Origins( had a week off work and don't tend to play hand helds at home much) and a bit of multiplayer on COD:Ghosts which I'm not enjoying as much as previous years, although I did like the campaign for the enjoyable hokum that it is.

dste

Post by dste » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Played some Super SFIV on the 360 a couple of nights ago.

Despite owning it since it was released I think it may have been the first time that I've played it.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!