What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

JetSetWilly

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:19 pm

The 'waiting for the GBA SP Advance to charge before I use it' game. And it aint fun :(
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:23 pm

samhain81 wrote:What seemed like a tough decision at first, turned out to be the best decision ever. I moved my Nintendo Wii, which hadn't seen any use whatsoever in livingroom, to my bedroom. My reason for this was mainly due to wanting some sort of netflix stream for my bedroom tv, which Wii filled that part perfectly.

Now, the wii is the only console me and the mrs ever play. Relaxing on the bed after work and playing games from Mario Wii and Donkey Kong Country returns to co-op survival horrors (which the mrs loves) like Obscure 2, and the Chronicles games.

Makes me wonder: Isn't it wierd how much extra attention a console can get , by simply moving it into another room?
The wii has also moved up to our bedroom, mainly used for Netflix and YouTube though and the odd game too

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:27 pm

I've been blasting my way through Gran Turismo 5 since I picked it up on Saturday or something. Really enjoying it and I wish I'd picked it up sooner.

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Simcity on the SNES

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:46 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:The 'waiting for the GBA SP Advance to charge before I use it' game. And it aint fun :(
You know you can play it while it's charging, right?
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Fire emblem: awakening, Ragnarok Odyssey and, just to take a break from rpgs, some Fortified Zone on the gameboy,

RetroVideoGameAddict

Post by RetroVideoGameAddict » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 pm

I don't play anything past the N64/PS1 era of gaming, and with that said I've been revisiting Tomb Raider for the Playstation and Rygar on the NES today! I've recently finished the original Zelda for the 5th or 6th time on the NES, and I've been playing a lot of arcade ports lately using my NES Advantage stick which has been fun. I love classic video games and will continue to play and beat the games I have and the games that come in for years and years to come.
On Twitter @OfficialRVGA
My YouTube Channelhttp://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRVGA
http://theretrovideogameaddict.blogspot.com <--- The **Official** blog of The Retro Video Game Addict!
*UPDATED* on 6/13/13/ REVIEW: The Legend of Zelda for the NES!

dste

Post by dste » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:22 am

Started playing Warioware DIY on the DS but got bored with the tutorials so switched to Flower, Rain and Sun instead.

Also started Prey for the 360 a couple of nights ago. Not feeling it at all so far.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:17 pm

dste wrote:Also started Prey for the 360 a couple of nights ago. Not feeling it at all so far.
Seriously? The opening abduction sequence had me hooked! I remember being stunned at how cinematic the opening to that game is. It could be all juvenile and shooty shooty, like most games, but no, you start in the gents with your character talking to himself. Mind you, Duke Nukem Forever also starts in the gents :lol:

Anyway, there's one bit a little later on that also stunned me, so maybe you'll get hooked by then?

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:24 pm

had a bit of an extended play on luigi's mansion on gamecube now and it's a really good game,i've beaten the first boss.the pad is nice and comfortable and it looks pretty good on my lcd tv through the component lead that came with it.

i'm really hoping more gamecube games turn up in my local charity shops now.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:i'm really hoping more gamecube games turn up in my local charity shops now.
SSX3's worth looking out for - fairly common, and still looks fantastic - better than the Xbox and PS2 (and Gizmondo :lol: ) versions. Plus, it's like the GameCube's pad and that game were DESIGNED for each other.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:57 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
Hitman_HalStep wrote:i'm really hoping more gamecube games turn up in my local charity shops now.
SSX3's worth looking out for - fairly common, and still looks fantastic - better than the Xbox and PS2 (and Gizmondo :lol: ) versions. Plus, it's like the GameCube's pad and that game were DESIGNED for each other.
there's so many gamecube games i want to try like metroid,zelda games,star fox,twin snakes,rouge squadron and so many more.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Fist Of The North Star : Ken's Rage 1 on Xbox360

not a great game but fun in short sessions of mashing people to a bloody pulp (to be taken literally here :lol: )

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 am

Candy Crush............. :lol:

Nearing the end of Catherine.......what a f*ckin weird, brilliant, confusing, frustrating, weird, awesome, weird game...

Did i mention its a bit weird?

Analog

Post by Analog » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Analog wrote:tekken revolution on ps3.

anyone else downloaded this yet? its a free to play model of the tekken franchise available in the playstation store.
turns out a vast amount of people I play online on this basically spam the same moves over and over again. you get a good fight every now and then but its over run with people who can't execute anything other than about 3 moves. would be nice if they could nerf the damage somehow and punish people that just hit the same moves over and over in a row ,it gets a bit tedious. that said I like the way they changed it so its less focused on juggling which was the main thing for tekken 6. the online setup looks better than tekken 6 too ,it also loads matches faster.