What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

ShadowNeku

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by ShadowNeku » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Megamixer wrote:Still on No More Heroes and just have the number one assassin to beat now. Bad Girl was so awesome and it was a shame to off her :(
Did you die the first time you ran up to her when she fakes being vulnerable? I thought it was just a cutscene until the continue screen popped up. My reaction: WAIT WHAT THE HELL!?
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:45 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Still on No More Heroes and just have the number one assassin to beat now. Bad Girl was so awesome and it was a shame to off her :(
Did you die the first time you ran up to her when she fakes being vulnerable? I thought it was just a cutscene until the continue screen popped up. My reaction: WAIT WHAT THE HELL!?
I did! I knew it was fake so I stayed away but I used the oppurtunity to recharge my sword and she suddenly got me then...somehow :| . I think I had the same reaction too, especially when I saw that there wasn't even a chance to escape :lol:

I love how she was dressed up all innocent like but was actually a potty-mouthed, boozing psycho killer. Only in a Suda51 game and that's why I will always buy them on release :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:^rage racer also plays fine on it,on v1.7.0 there was a weird thing where the first lap was fine but the second lap had the background graphics all garbled.i'm glad that was fixed i like to keep going back to it.
Y'know, I've only ever played the demo of Rage Racer, but I loved it to bits. I do wish I still had my copies of RRT4 and the first TOCA, though. Might have to try and pick them up cheaply from somewhere. I do have Alien Resurrection in the bag of games from my mate, so I might even give that a try.

On a separate note, I played a bit of Colonial Marines, and I'm quite enjoying it. Yes, there is graphical tearing and sometimes the A.I is a bit naff, but once I started playing, I was actually quite engrossed in it.
Last edited by JetSetWilly on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:38 pm

^i've only had a quick blast on rrt4 but i couldn't see any problems there either.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:^i've only had a quick blast on rrt4 but i couldn't see any problems there either.
Excellent. Will definitely see if I can pick up a cheap copy of this then.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:03 am

More F.E.A.R. 2 and I knocked off another level, I'm really tearing through this game and I think I've only died once so far.

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:48 pm

I played some Nintendo 64 for hours last night, I spent a couple on WWF No Mercy alone, and then i played BIO Freaks, which always surprises me how good it is when i play it. Also played Wave Race 64, and can see why the game is so beloved and felt like some more racing so played my favorite racer of all time San Francisco Rush.

Rush still holds up excellent today.

Played Tron Battle Grids on the Wii, and that was pretty fun, and when i finished i decided to dust off Tron Evolution (X360) which has been untouched on my shelf for years, and damn was it frustrating to get the platforming down. There was a section where you had to learn how to wall run, but every time i failed it would reload to hint pop-up which took about 30 seconds to click off each time. The damn thing would wait on the screen for 30 seconds before you could click A to make it go away. I must of had to sit through it about 30 times, until I got the wall-running down pat.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:08 pm

yeah wave race 64 still holds up well today
better then blue storm which al though gorgeous is too twitchy
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Resident Evil 6 (PC) - I had this on my old box 360 and absolutely hated everything about it. Clunky controls, mish-mash gameplay making for an almost broken experience. That was with Leon's campaign. This time I started out with the Chris story and the game makes a lot more sense! His compliment of weaponry against the J'Avo makes for a pretty fun experience, at times anyway.

I think the new focus on action totally contradicts what Leon's chapter seems to be about. While I'm not a big fan of Resi's focus on shooting gameplay it at least works. Story was pretty decent and I enjoyed it. Guess I'll move on to Jake's chapter now

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:08 pm

M.E 1 :? Again

Oh and I had a real good blast Gods this morning

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:25 pm

Had a bit of a mess around with Jaguar emulation last night, using Project Tempest.

Couldn't get Ruiner Pinball to work, Super Burnout had sound/graphic issues, Raiden worked fine but for some reason assumed my one USB pad was two players, so I was flying two planes in exactly the same direction as each other.

Bubsy worked fine but it's a TERRIBLE game in comparision to the Mega Drive games (which I really like!).

Happily enough, Tempest 2000 works perfectly, so I was on that for a fair while :D
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Still playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and enjoying it hugely as the dialogue is often laugh out loud funny, particularly anything Fawful says.

Also made starts with Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins and Fire Emblem Awakening on 3DS....Lego City has technical issues compared to the Wii U version, and some of the character development just isn't there (ie. Chase already knows all his combat moves, on the Wii U version you have to learn how to fight properly at a certain point in the game) but it's still an impressive game for a handheld with a lot to see and do. Fire Emblem is brilliant....but I'm finding it extremely difficult going...It's a game that I want to enjoy but I'm just no good at it. I think maybe that I should've played it on Casual rather than Classic as I haven't really bothered much with the series before. :| ....I've gotten to Chapter 6 with all my characters still alive but I've probably 'soft reset' the game about 10 times so far.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

englebert3rd

Post by englebert3rd » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:45 am

Playing Flashback on Mega Drive, will be finishing it off soon and the Expert difficulty isn't too difficult. Got a bit stuck with Level 2 (New Washington) at the end but managed after a bit of frustration.
Own: Master System, Mega Drive+II, SNES, Jaguar, Saturn, PS1, N64, GBC, GBA+SP+Micro, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, PSP Phat+Slim+3000, NDS Lite, NDSi XL, XBox 360, PS3, Wii, PS Vita.
3DS Friend Code: 1220-6699-2838 - Playing AC: New Leaf and RE: Rev

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:12 am

englebert3rd wrote:Playing Flashback on Mega Drive, will be finishing it off soon and the Expert difficulty isn't too difficult. Got a bit stuck with Level 2 (New Washington) at the end but managed after a bit of frustration.
Wow! That's a hard enough game on normal

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:48 am

Finally got around to giving Dragon's Dogma an hour or so to impress and right now I'm thinking it's pish. I'll give it another session at some point during today to make absolutely sure but I can't see me getting into it.

Which means my gaming time is going on Dead Island: Riptide and cleaning up the upgrades I have outstanding on God Mode.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.