What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Lil Chillbil

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Lil Chillbil » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Halo 4 and Skyrim
pm me I'm always up for a multiplayer session for the following games
Gears of war 1 2 3
Call of duty 2 3 4
All of the halos
Call of duty modern warefare 2
Shadowrun

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Sine Mora (PC) -

* just released for PC via Steam and omg I love this game!
* I don't know how the previously released XBLA version compares but it sure looks stunning on PC with the video settings set to 'ultra' in 1080p
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:43 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:Sine Mora (PC) -

* just released for PC via Steam and omg I love this game!
* I don't know how the previously released XBLA version compares but it sure looks stunning on PC with the video settings set to 'ultra' in 1080p
I ended up picking this up as well from Green Man Gaming, had a voucher that knocked the price down to £5 and figured it was worth picking up for the price. Just waiting for it to finish downloading!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Started the Walking Dead today on PC and havn't stopped since 1pm this afternoon. By far the best single player experience I've had all year

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:18 pm

My '360 froze last night and corrupted 2 hours of Fallout 3 progress :( Most of the "Into the Pitt" saga, which I found pretty dull first time around, too. :(
Well atleast I get to replay the scenario and try the "other" outcome. TBH, if anyone knows what I'm referring to, I'm undecided which is meant to be the "good" decision and which is "bad". It's pretty unambiguous.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Wii gun games with my nephew on the Wii (before match of the Day later). Playing a couple of games each on:
- Ghost Squad
- House of the Dead II and III
- Dead Space Extraction
- Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles

Really needed to turn on the Wii for the first time in a few months! :D

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Dishonored (PC)
Sine Mora (PC)
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

stulec52

Post by stulec52 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:16 pm

picked up Spore for free on Origin, and had never played it, so giving that a whirl.
also Forza Horizons, but using the smart glass app on my Ipad, which adds nothing, but there you go

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Playing Silent Hill Downpour.

Not the best SH, not without it's flaws...but a return to form IMO and a welcome addition, I'd rate it behind the first three.

How IGN could give it 4/10 is baffling...but reviews are just opinions though. Pretty harsh for mine.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:56 pm

kiwimike wrote:Playing Silent Hill Downpour.

Not the best SH, not without it's flaws...but a return to form IMO and a welcome addition, I'd rate it behind the first three.

How IGN could give it 4/10 is baffling...but reviews are just opinions though. Pretty harsh for mine.
Dont make me post that Ign picture again that disproves there reviewing creditability

ILL DO IT!
DONT MAKE ME DO IT!

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Vanquish.
Very good but seems a little tough...by today's standards anyway!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:08 pm

DPrinny wrote:
kiwimike wrote:Playing Silent Hill Downpour.

Dont make me post that Ign picture again that disproves there reviewing creditability

ILL DO IT!
DONT MAKE ME DO IT!
:lol: Yes, while everyone's entitled to an opinion, my opinion is I will never trust the opinion of one of their reviews again. IMO that one was so far off the mark it almost looked like a joke to see how many people it could wind up!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Also Edge magazines low score for GunStar heroes

Anyway
Back on Wrestlemaina XIX
The Revenge mode is both annoying and fun.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:22 am

I'm currently alternating between Shifting World (3DS), DJ Max (Vita) and Tomb Raider Anniversary (PC).

Shifting World is my sleeper hit of the year. I've seen nothing about it and stumbled upon its listing on Shopto and took a chance on it as it was cheap. Its an incredibly addictive platform/puzzle game that while it isn't without its fair share of faults it more than makes up for them with its devilish level design. The time attack levels suck though, they are near impossible after the first few as the times to complete them are so tight that unless you can stumble upon the solution first time your probably screwed.

DJ Max is also insanely addictive. I'm getting better and better at the songs, managing to get several S+ ranks now and almost a couple of S++ for another few trophies. I'm still trying to do the Club mix tracks which are fairly tough in places where your having to do stuff on both the front and rear touch screen at once.

Tomb Raider Anniversary is me giving up on the original TR game and just playing the remake instead. It feels infinitely better thanks to the far superior control scheme. I'm actually having fun with it. Combat is ok but the camera is fairly eratic at times but the platforming and puzzles are really well done so with any luck I'll actually manage to finally finish this game off.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Fallout 3 has utterly consumed my life. Also, pick-pocketing Super Mutants and slipping a live handgrenade into their pockets NEVER gets old.