What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SexyWayne

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by SexyWayne » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Maybe I need to give it more time, I just expected a little more excitement in the game... so far I've shot coyotes, rode a horse and carriage, herded cows and lassoed wild horses.. and some other boring stuff... so far it's coming off as the mild, mild west

eeztheman

Post by eeztheman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:00 pm

I've just started DK Country 2 on the SNES, I can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to playing it.
Needless to say I am loving it - I also have the third to play as well (albeit the JAP version)

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:14 pm

eeztheman wrote:I've just started DK Country 2 on the SNES, I can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to playing it.
Needless to say I am loving it - I also have the third to play as well (albeit the JAP version)
Hmmmm, here i am sitting looking for something to play, I think I may have just been given an answer!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:16 am

Started playing a PS2 Konami game called 7 Blades last night. It's hard to decide if it's good or not. On one hand, I really like the Japanese-ness of it with regards to music, setting, characters etc. but on the flipside, the gameplay is pretty bland. It's going to take a bit more playing to form a decent opinion.

Also more Tekken Tag 2. Got Kazuya and Nina to the 'Seiryuu' rank now. Also made a custom Kazuya that looks like Kazuma from Yakuza :lol:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:38 am

Bit more Skyrim, well a lot more Skyrim truth be told. I must say I'm having more fun with Hearthfire than I have with Dawnguard which surprised me since I thought Hearthfire was just going to be a copy of the build your own home mod (with a few others thrown in). I think I might actually try my hand and making a mage character, I hardly ever use magic in these types of games so it will certainly be something new.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 am

commanderkaiser wrote:Bit more Skyrim, well a lot more Skyrim truth be told. I must say I'm having more fun with Hearthfire than I have with Dawnguard which surprised me since I thought Hearthfire was just going to be a copy of the build your own home mod (with a few others thrown in). I think I might actually try my hand and making a mage character, I hardly ever use magic in these types of games so it will certainly be something new.
Is Hearthfire good? I'm feeling a bit skyrim-ed out at the mo, but wondered if Hearthfire will re-engage me!
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:02 am

I'd say it's worth it, it's pretty basic truth be told but it's something different from the usual stuff you'll be doing. If you've got it on PC then there are free mods that do a similar thing but if your on xbox then yeah you should go for it. There are three houses you can build in different areas, you pick what rooms they have and gradually build it up then you pick stuff such as furniture and animal pens etc. You can also adopt up to two children although I haven't' done that yet and you also have to defend your home and family from attacks so it's all good stuff.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:25 am

Yeah, I swear a dragon has made a nest in my garden, every 3 days a Legendary dragon eats my horse and generally wrecks up the place! as for my steward? I might as well have a otter for all the good he is.

I like it when the bandits attack though, the really don't know what they are letting themselves in for LOL

RichL

Post by RichL » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:26 am

Have moved on to Borderlands 2 while still playing too much Pocket Planes on iOS.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:55 am

Megamixer wrote:Started playing a PS2 Konami game called 7 Blades last night. It's hard to decide if it's good or not. On one hand, I really like the Japanese-ness of it with regards to music, setting, characters etc. but on the flipside, the gameplay is pretty bland. It's going to take a bit more playing to form a decent opinion.

Also more Tekken Tag 2. Got Kazuya and Nina to the 'Seiryuu' rank now. Also made a custom Kazuya that looks like Kazuma from Yakuza :lol:
How do you get the characters to rank up past first dan offline? I'm guessing its just a matter of winning with them loads but I've never managed it, then again I do have a tendancy to swap characters really quickly so I'm probably just not using them enough?
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

dste

Post by dste » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 am

Heavily into Dragon Quest IX now, putting serious time into it and progressing at quite a rate.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:51 am

Picked up Dead Space (X360) from cash gen for £1.50, they told me the disc was scratched to buggery. Took it home, WD40'd it up and it installed and plays perfect. Missed this first time around and enjoying it, only about 2 hours in but it's got a good atmosphere and already made me nearly cack my pants on a few occasions....enjoying it I am.
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Borderlands 2 - 360

Samurai Aces Episode 3 - PSP

Mushihimesama HD - 360

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:40 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Started playing a PS2 Konami game called 7 Blades last night. It's hard to decide if it's good or not. On one hand, I really like the Japanese-ness of it with regards to music, setting, characters etc. but on the flipside, the gameplay is pretty bland. It's going to take a bit more playing to form a decent opinion.

How do you get the characters to rank up past first dan offline? I'm guessing its just a matter of winning with them loads but I've never managed it, then again I do have a tendancy to swap characters really quickly so I'm probably just not using them enough?
Yeah, I'm only using the same three at the moment (Kazuya, Nina and Jaycee). Even so, promotion chances seem to be slimmer and slimmer the higher up the order you go so a lot of play time is needed apparently. I do it all in Ghost Battle mode btw.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Megamixer wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:

Yeah, I'm only using the same three at the moment (Kazuya, Nina and Jaycee). Even so, promotion chances seem to be slimmer and slimmer the higher up the order you go so a lot of play time is needed apparently. I do it all in Ghost Battle mode btw.
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll have to get back to it and just concentrate on my Law/Bryan team in that case. That custom Kazuya sounds badass :D
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*