What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

nakamura

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by nakamura » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:17 am

Can you go back and get her?
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:32 am

DPrinny wrote:Theres just me right now, no AI charaters
Adjust your own AI by imbibing several cans of Special Brew.
Works wonders!
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:07 am

stvd wrote:
CIH wrote:Resident Evil 2 on GC. After the awesome first game this one is just filth to look at. Capcom what were you thinking ?
Yeah, that's not really the first one you played.
Shame they didn't give resi2 the REmake treatment :(

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:56 am

nakamura wrote:Can you go back and get her?
Spoke to some girl and she buggered off,

Story of my life.

Beat them in the end by just cornering them and mashing, hope all boss fights aren't like this

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:05 am

Stacking, on 360.

Right now I'm thinking this is dull as ditchwater. I knew I should have trusted the initial impression I got from it when it was first released. Suckered by a low price again. I guess I'll never learn. :roll:
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:28 pm

CIH wrote:
stvd wrote:
CIH wrote:Resident Evil 2 on GC. After the awesome first game this one is just filth to look at. Capcom what were you thinking ?
Yeah, that's not really the first one you played.
Shame they didn't give resi2 the REmake treatment :(
I think it's a port of the Dreamcast version unless I'm mistaken. Either that or the PS1 version glossed-up to look somewhere near acceptable. It's still a great game but played on the PS1, the ancient presentation is more acceptable. Less so on the 'Cube. Unfortunately, that was part of the 'deal' Capcom did with Nintendo: a remake of the first game, ports of the next two and Resi 4 as an exclusive, something which didn't stay that way as we all know.

Being playing a lot of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D myself. It's no classic and the presentation is often rough as hell but it's still a fun little game if (like me) you enjoy Resi 4 or 5. Recently encountered that massive, super-resistant chainsaw bloke from RE4's Mercenaries mode...that guy unnerves me no end with his ridiculous resistance.

Also still playing KOFXIII on PS3. Sort of settling with Mai/Mr Karate/Terry as a team but this is one fighter where I enjoy using most characters so I'm using many others, in particular Robert whose Neo Max super is awesome :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Richtendo

Post by Richtendo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Beat the Beat- Rhythm Paradise. Who'd have thought pressing one button (or on occasion two) would be so much fun!

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Spirit of Speed on DC. 3 hours I'll never get back. At times, it was enjoyable, but the frame rate got so bad for a while it made me feel ill. And some of the tracks are amongst the most boring things to ever grace racing games.

Still plugging away with MSR as well, chapter...9 I think now.

Have been trying to muster the enthusiasm to have a complete play through of both Shenmue and Shenmue 2, but I know it will be all consuming as always.

On the modern front (ish), I'm now into the 32nd season of my Football Manager 2009 game. I've promised myself FM 2013 will be the game I actually get back into the latest incarnations of FM, but I fear i've missed way too much to catch up now. I also completed Dirt Showdown single player - biggest dissapointment games wise for ages. It's alright at times, but just far too boring after a while. if it wasn't for one person on my friends list setting times I was aiming to beat (cheers Joey ;)) I may not have made it.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Child of Eden

I've had this sitting on my shelf for about 6 months unplayed, today I decided to crack it open and see what it was like. Before doing anything I hit the stero 3D option on.

Wow, just wow. The game is jaw-dropping, I couldn't believe what I was seeing! In 3D the creations and creatures surround your peripheral vision, you can see what seems like metres into the screen and those purple orbs come right out and smack you in the face! The game itself is very addictive with an amazing soundtrack (naturally) my only slight gripe is with the difficulty. I've practised the first few stages a few times now and I can't seem to get good enough to unlock more..

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Slogging through the last few levels of The Thing. Almost...there...

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:59 am

Mike, I could have warned you about "SHΙTTY OF SHΙTE"! Good thing I only played a burnt copy...

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:03 am

Rayne wrote:Child of Eden

I've had this sitting on my shelf for about 6 months unplayed, today I decided to crack it open and see what it was like. Before doing anything I hit the stero 3D option on.

Wow, just wow. The game is jaw-dropping, I couldn't believe what I was seeing! In 3D the creations and creatures surround your peripheral vision, you can see what seems like metres into the screen and those purple orbs come right out and smack you in the face! The game itself is very addictive with an amazing soundtrack (naturally) my only slight gripe is with the difficulty. I've practised the first few stages a few times now and I can't seem to get good enough to unlock more..
£4 in Game at the mo... tempted, but my stack of unplayed games is getting bigger and bigger... and now I've returned to Skyrim, I have no chance of playing it... :(
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:15 am

slacey1070 wrote:

£4 in Game at the mo... tempted, but my stack of unplayed games is getting bigger and bigger... and now I've returned to Skyrim, I have no chance of playing it... :(
Its worth that price, will only take about 3 hours to get threw

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 am

DPrinny wrote:
slacey1070 wrote:

Its worth that price, will only take about 3 hours to get threw
'Through'

Also I'm spending far longer than 3 hours with it! I'm still trying to get my head around the scoring system - 98% purification rate, no bombs used - 2 star ranking. Argh

At £4 you really can't go wrong though! One of the most unique experiences this gen

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:21 am

I listened to you guys and picked it up.... another one for the pile!!!!!!
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.