What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SoupDragon

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by SoupDragon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:01 pm

The Getaway Black Monday. The characters look more stumpy to me in this one.

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Playing a bit more of Raw Danger, I'm trying to do all the characters.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Project zero

Wow it has a button that crashes the game (triangle), meaning that I cant play the bloody thing

mrbungle

Post by mrbungle » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Just recently introduced the Bomberman series on the SNES to my 4 year old son, he loves it... completely hooked! :)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Pharaohs Tomb Commodore 16 almost finished it then died :evil:
G Man again almost finished it and died just before 4000 miles
PS2 Castlevania I don't hate it quite as much as the 360 version, anybody tells me why they usedto put letters on the lids of Smarties can have my copy :mrgreen:
Dead Light on Chiptunes recomendation its very good
360 Williams arcade classic addictive
Jean D'arc on Nokgods recomendation and its fab
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Alarm

Post by Alarm » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Just spent thirty minutes with the original Mega Man. Blimey, it is a challenge. I played and completed a GB version back in the day, but this is something else. Full of annoyances, but has a certain charm. I'll persevere; I'm playing Bonk's Adventure (PCE) too, which is much more fun.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Been playing both The House Of The Dead 2 & 3 Return and Scarface: The World Is Yours on the Wii and both are tremendously fun, both ace!!!!! :D

mrmessy

Post by mrmessy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:26 am

This week in mrmessy's Wednesday game garage we played: 
Alien Breed 92 (levels 5 - 8 )
...on an Xbox 1, using WinUAEx
'79:Micro5500> '83:Spec(48K)> '84:Spec+(kit)> '86:Spec128> '88:ST> '90:A500> '93:A1200> '93:SNES> '95:PS1> '99:PC> '02:PS2> '05:Xbox> '12:X360> '14:PS4... XboxLive:messy73, PSN:mrmessy73, YouTube:mrmessyschannel

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Making nice progress through the 'island' section of RE4 Wii Edition. Forgot how creepy those Regenerators are and the oven man is still a nasty surprise no matter how many times I've seen it :lol: . I took the easy way out with Salazar and blasted him with an RPG (that I'd been carrying around for aaaaages and begged to be used) for an insta-kill. His 'right-hand' guard is still a sinister and lethal boss though, not one I enjoy fighting (the Broken Butterfly Magnum soon finished him off though :) )

This is an ace game. Can't wait to unlock 'Seperate Ways' as I've never played that bit before having only previously hammered the Gamecube edition.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:34 pm

I'm still getting CANED on my Resi 4 pro play :( and as a result? My Alpha Protocol has stalled :( which in turn as stopped me re-attempting Mass Effect :(

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Finally made a start on Batman Arkham City after getting it for Christmas :?
bloody brilliant and just as much fun as the first. not sure if opening it up for a more sandbox feel will stick with me though as im so easily distracted. gotham City looks great though and the Catwoman chapters are a welcome change.

Also got Kid Icarus Uprising on the go and enjoying that in spurts. Controls are fairly easy to grasp and dont deserve the criticism they had. Looks great and, along with Ocarina of Time, viewing it in 3D is a treat. Oh, and I'm collecting the Trading Cards as i am a complete child at heart. "Got, got, got, got, NEED!" :oops:

Saying that i want a new card based game to play as i've hammered Spectromancer on steam for the past few months after somebody here recommended it. Cant really get on with Magic The Gathering though....

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Megamixer wrote:Making nice progress through the 'island' section of RE4 Wii Edition. Forgot how creepy those Regenerators are and the oven man is still a nasty surprise no matter how many times I've seen it :lol: . I took the easy way out with Salazar and blasted him with an RPG (that I'd been carrying around for aaaaages and begged to be used) for an insta-kill. His 'right-hand' guard is still a sinister and lethal boss though, not one I enjoy fighting (the Broken Butterfly Magnum soon finished him off though :) )

This is an ace game. Can't wait to unlock 'Seperate Ways' as I've never played that bit before having only previously hammered the Gamecube edition.
I think a restart is inorder for my GC playthrough. What I should have done was stash the cash, bought the least I could get by with and then upgrade the crap out of one or two exceptions but instead I squandered the money level-up'ing each one and now I'm in the castle fast running out of ammo and getting bored of the combat. Pretty much exactly what I did with Deadspace, as it happens.....I don't really mind though as it's fun.

It's giving me the itch to play the original Resi (GC remake). I've had it since new but never played it as I had done the PS1 version and PS1 Resi 2 not long prior.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:29 pm

CIH wrote: It's giving me the itch to play the original Resi (GC remake). I've had it since new but never played it as I had done the PS1 version and PS1 Resi 2 not long prior.
Your in for a treat then! The GC Remake blows the original away in both the graphical upgrade and the amount of extra area's and enemies that are in the game. Its well worth playing in my opinion.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Going through a backlog of half and never played XBLA games. Certainly the most 'wacky' of them is Comic Jumper with loads of nice touches and weird sh1t in there, while it's mainly a 2D beat-em-up it has some Sin and Punishments style shooting and fun boss fights.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:15 am

Booted up Darkseed on the Japanese Saturn the other day, probbly not going to be able to play it due to language issues but the game intro looked pretty sweet.

Salamander 2 - MAME

Capcom Classics Mini Mix - really enjoying Mighty Final Fight, it's very cute and funny!