What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowMan

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:08 am

I've finished up my first darkness 2 play through, I'll give it another go later to see the other ending.

I'm now playing space marine on the pc. It's a great mindless action game, the jet pack especially is fantastic fun when you get to use it.

I'm also working my way through the trophies on Tekken tag hd, I've forgotten how much I used to like this game and I still like it loads now. Tekken bowling is stupidly addictive...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:34 pm

ShadowMan wrote:I've finished up my first darkness 2 play through, I'll give it another go later to see the other ending.
other ending?
i've played it through three times and got the platinum but it's always the same ending.there is the false ending after the "rooftop choice" but you just continue game after the credits from the main menu and pick the other choice.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:I've finished up my first darkness 2 play through, I'll give it another go later to see the other ending.
other ending?
i've played it through three times and got the platinum but it's always the same ending.there is the false ending after the "rooftop choice" but you just continue game after the credits from the main menu and pick the other choice.
That's a shame. I was under the impression that taking the other choice would lead to a different ending. Oh well, I'll give it a other play through anyway, it's dead fun.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:50 pm

sscott wrote:Crysis 2. This game is bloody nails. Spent 2 hrs on it tonight and only got past a couple of checkpoints. A good game but I think I've played too many FPSs in a row and need to play something else.
2 words....cloak engaged :wink:

I finished it so it can't be that difficult Shaun!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Rogue Trooper on Wii. Very similar to the PS2 version except that it doesn't look all jaggy on my LCD and now supports (what seems to be an excellent use of) the Wiimote for aiming. Seems to work really well, due to a *massive* games backlog, I never persisted with the PS2 version, despite it seeming like it might be a very decent game, this really seems like the way to go with it, plus am LOVING the tiny aiming reticule (hate big, blobby ones).

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:16 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Hitman_HalStep wrote:
other ending?
That's a shame. I was under the impression that taking the other choice would lead to a different ending. Oh well, I'll give it a other play through anyway, it's dead fun.
i was trying to avoid spoilers,what i mean by false ending is you have finished a level short of the real ending.

edit:just realised you didn't specify which choice you made,i've got a cold so i'm even slower than normal :wink:
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:55 am

Assassin's Creed 2 on 360. Definitely an improvement on the first but I'm **still** finding it all a tad booooorrrring. Stunning-looking game, and I like scaling the Viewpoints but there's something stale and gash about it all, feel like I'm often forcing myself through it. Still, it's fun tw@tting the civilians, then assassinating them with the hidden blade.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:32 am

jdanddiet wrote:
sscott wrote:Crysis 2. This game is bloody nails. Spent 2 hrs on it tonight and only got past a couple of checkpoints. A good game but I think I've played too many FPSs in a row and need to play something else.
2 words....cloak engaged :wink:

I finished it so it can't be that difficult Shaun!
Yeah, I've got a bit further on it now. :D

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Currently having my arse kicked by Ratchet & Clank 2, starting to get a little tricky now... looks like I'm gonna have to go on a collect shitloads of bolts so I can buy better weapons mission :evil:

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:28 am

Metal Slug 2nd Mission - NGPC

Keep dying after a wall boss (cant remember what mission I'm on) and it's doing my head in! Not been bothering with saving everyone though. I hate 'collection' type side quests in games.

Everybodys Golf - PSP

Theres something about golf games that soothes me. Im not a fan of golf at all but titles like this, Mario Golf, Golf Tee It Up etc have always been great for pick up and play appeal.

GOW3 - XBOX 360

Still not tired of online multiplayer

Def Jam Fight For NY
Puyo Pop Fever
Phantasy Star Online - XBOX

Set the original XBOX up and blasted a few of these. Happy that i can still play PSO offline as my Gamertag is still saved on the system! Love Def Jam Vendetta & Fight For NY. Never played ICON but heard it was guff.

Phew..... So yeah thats what ive been playing recently. But there's always more.......

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Finished Duke Nukem Forever on Saturday night, overall it was quite a jolly romp - it certainly gets better as you progress through the game.

Not sure what I'm going to play next, might finish off LA Noire I've been playing through that for what seems like ages

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:44 pm

83% complete on Kirby's Epic Yarn now and still loving it :). Just reached a super-hard bead collecting side-mission which has me stumped though.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Megamixer wrote:83% complete on Kirby's Epic Yarn now and still loving it :). Just reached a super-hard bead collecting side-mission which has me stumped though.
I've sold a few bits on ebay recently and had some cash so decided to grab this from Blockbusters (£10 NEW!). Most people on here have been raving about it so I blame you all for my purchase! :lol:

I get that a lot with reading bits on the forum.

" *game* is awesome!"
.... i watch gameplay footage on youtube
.... this game looks awesome i want it!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Black Ridge wrote:
Megamixer wrote:83% complete on Kirby's Epic Yarn now and still loving it :). Just reached a super-hard bead collecting side-mission which has me stumped though.
I've sold a few bits on ebay recently and had some cash so decided to grab this from Blockbusters (£10 NEW!). Most people on here have been raving about it so I blame you all for my purchase! :lol:

I get that a lot with reading bits on the forum.

" *game* is awesome!"
.... i watch gameplay footage on youtube
.... this game looks awesome i want it!
If you hate it then you have no soul :) . At least you should be able to get your tenner back if you really don't like it...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Gears Of War 3 (360)
Catherine (360)
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)