What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

theantmeister

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by theantmeister » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:19 pm

I've only played the first Assasin's Creed. It put me off buying the sequels.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Trying to clear some of my backlog, mainly Xbox at the moment:

American Chopper
How a game can have such horrible controls and make it far too easy to crash, yet still be so p1ss-easy I'll never know.

Def Jam Fight For NY
Again, way too easy. I'm K.O.-ing everyone first chance I get - no bout's lasted more than 2 minutes.

House of the Dead III
Surprisingly fun with the regular Controller S - default settings, beat the final boss with my final life on my final credit!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (PS3) in the effort to try improving my best scores and times.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Duke Nukem Forever.
(Up to three tits)
Only bad part of it so far is the bloody loading times

ewjim

Post by ewjim » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:17 pm

theantmeister wrote:I've only played the first Assasin's Creed. It put me off buying the sequels.
nooooo assassassassassassins 2 is the best one! you can get it under a tenner, definitely give it a go. Improves on the 1st one in every way! (except the ending....) But still go play it.
FEEL FREE TO ADD ME ON XBOX LIVE

Gibberish Driftwood

Post by Gibberish Driftwood » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:00 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Lastly I've also started playing Call of Cthulhu and while I've only done the first bit of the game and arrived in town I've forgotten how evil and unwelcoming the atmosphere of the town is. I'm looking forward to playing this one some more, hopefully I'll complete it this time.
The part where you fight against the fish creatures in the hotel is so hard. I have never managed to complete that bit.
Really frustrating. :(
Ken sent me.
Do the Kirby dance: (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:07 am

Bastion

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:26 am

BF3 - good in good teams, sucks when in a bad one . and the worst match making in gaming history?

And. . next up . .skyrim....
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:05 pm

I really cant stop playing Gears Of War 3 at the moment
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Gibberish Driftwood wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Lastly I've also started playing Call of Cthulhu and while I've only done the first bit of the game and arrived in town I've forgotten how evil and unwelcoming the atmosphere of the town is. I'm looking forward to playing this one some more, hopefully I'll complete it this time.
The part where you fight against the fish creatures in the hotel is so hard. I have never managed to complete that bit.
Really frustrating. :(
Which bit is that? I'm just entering the police station at the moment and still really enjoying it. The stealth so far has been far less frustrating than I'd have imagined. If it keeps up the pace it'll end up being one of my favourite survival horror games.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Working through KoF XIII Story mode. Saiki is a git after he gets all sunburt, cheap as hell, but hey ho. Par for the course with SNK fighters. :?

Also mopping up the challenge stages for Sonic Generations. Very wise of SEGA to move all the crappy friends to being mere bit-players. In the opening cutscene where they all get sucked into a void, I just sat there wondering what the problem was, exactly.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Working through KoF XIII Story mode. Saiki is a git after he gets all sunburt, cheap as hell, but hey ho. Par for the course with SNK fighters. :?

Also mopping up the challenge stages for Sonic Generations. Very wise of SEGA to move all the crappy friends to being mere bit-players. In the opening cutscene where they all get sucked into a void, I just sat there wondering what the problem was, exactly.
The bosses in kof xiii are pretty dumb at times - stay just within sweep range and just use your roundhouse attack. 90% of the time they don't block. Then just back off a little and repeat. Works surpringly well and was a help in dealing with both bosses!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 am

Started playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (courtesy of the GoG christmas sale). I'm hoping it'll ween me off my Civ V habit.

I really wasn't happy with it initially. The first time you play it with all the defaults on, it is totally overwhelming. There's constant popups and everything is on autopilot. You just don't feel a part of the decision making process, the game just drives itself as you just click the end turn button.

Once you turn all that crap off though, it becomes a much better game. I still don't know what I'm doing, but at least I'm the one doing it! :mrgreen:

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:58 am

Dreamcast Sega Marine Fishing. Nice game, plenty more fish than Bass Fishing. Also more Skyrim.

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:00 am

Winning Eleven 6 FE.

Switched my formation to 3-3-1-3 and won my last 14 games without conceding a single goal! :D
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823