What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

The Laird

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by The Laird » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Today I played a new game called Kobayashi Maru for the Jaguar CD, its a pretty average Time Pilot clone.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:11 am

Silent Hill Origins on PS2. It's pretty decent overall, camera issues aside. The story has been sparing so far but it is starting to build. Really nice visuals considering it is a PSP port.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:42 am

More Alien Syndrome Wii
Its a copy paste brainless game, but it reminds me for what a Sci-Fi Gauntlet should be like
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:08 am

Resident Evil on the Gamecube. Boy did I miss a good 'un here. Only played the Playstation Resi Evil up until now.

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:37 am

nesmaster wrote:Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on PS3. Love the Castlevania series, so I had high hopes for this game. Played a couple of levels and its pretty mediocre so far :( Just a basic hack n slash game. I know I'm only a couple of levels in but it doesn't really feel like a Castlevania game :?
Hope it bloody well gets better.
Ive been playing that on 360 recently, stuck in an embarrisingly early point, however looking online seems im not the only one, will re-visit now i know what to do. I know what you mean though Nesmaster, i like it but it doesnt feel like a castlevania game.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:06 am

This week, I are been mostly playing:

Dino Crisis - Started this a while ago, but got a bit stuck. The review in the mag made me go back to it and I managed to unstick myself. It turns out I needed to go through a specific door to trigger a cutscene. Grr. Anyway, it's all got very exciting again.

Super Castlevania - I had to start from the beginning again, but I love this game so that wasn't much of a problem. The one bad thing about Super Castlevania is the password system. It used symbols on a grid, which is a pain in the ass to write down, so I just take a picture of it with my phone. Clever, no? Unfortunately, no not at all clever, because I accidentally deleted all the photos off my phone :|

The Thing - This game is as unforgiving as the movie. I'm really struggling now. There are these little spitting aliens that slow you down, which isn't what you need when you're trying to run away from the massive human sized ones. Especially after you set them alight.

Rage - Still liking Rage a lot. The Authority have turned up and they're great fun to fight against. EMP grenades and head shots - what more do you need in a shooter?

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Back to Pokémon White again, first time since I beat the E4 near launch. I forgot how good it was; just need to remember what I'm doing >.>

8-bit-dreams

Post by 8-bit-dreams » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:23 pm

been really into my Genesis lately. One of my all time favorite game . NBA jam. ha ha. really turns back time when i hear the stadium announcer "slamma jamma" :)
Pls. visit my retro gaming BLOG for my retro gaming collections and adventures. With photos !

http://8-bit-dreams.blogspot.com/

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Angryfukkinbirds!!!!!!!!!

aptly named :shock:
2015 NL East Division Champions.
2015 NL Championship Winners.
Let's Go Mets!

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:54 pm

PS2 Viewtiful Joe. It really is awesome.
theantmeister wrote:This week, I are been mostly playing:

Dino Crisis - Started this a while ago, but got a bit stuck. The review in the mag made me go back to it and I managed to unstick myself. It turns out I needed to go through a specific door to trigger a cutscene. Grr. Anyway, it's all got very exciting again.

Super Castlevania - I had to start from the beginning again, but I love this game so that wasn't much of a problem. The one bad thing about Super Castlevania is the password system. It used symbols on a grid, which is a pain in the ass to write down, so I just take a picture of it with my phone. Clever, no? Unfortunately, no not at all clever, because I accidentally deleted all the photos off my phone :|

The Thing - This game is as unforgiving as the movie. I'm really struggling now. There are these little spitting aliens that slow you down, which isn't what you need when you're trying to run away from the massive human sized ones. Especially after you set them alight.

Rage - Still liking Rage a lot. The Authority have turned up and they're great fun to fight against. EMP grenades and head shots - what more do you need in a shooter?
I use to have all the level codes for SNES Castlevania written out on graph paper back in school. :D Also, The Thing was okay but all your buddies would either die or "turn", and it took out most of the suspense once I noticed the pattern. Also the schene where that fella says he can feel it growing inside of him, a'la Alien, meant they had missed one of the more interesting aspects completely.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:58 pm

rossi46 wrote:Angryfukkinbirds!!!!!!!!!

aptly named :shock:
A test of luck rather than skill

Every time I play it I hate it more
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Put a few hours into Saints Row the Third.

There are moments in this game that are completely crazy and moments that are genius, it's probably my game if the year.

The thing is you can't really talk about it without spoiling the good bits.

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Joey wrote:Put a few hours into Saints Row the Third.

There are moments in this game that are completely crazy and moments that are genius, it's probably my game if the year.

The thing is you can't really talk about it without spoiling the good bits.
I bought it while fairly drunk from Tesco Metro and have yet to play it. Will have to give it a go.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Played a bit of Snow Bros and WWF Wrestlefest earlier on. Hopefully at some point over the weekend I'll make a start on Saints Row The Third as well.
Splink!

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:27 pm

Resistance Retribution on PSP - best shooter I have played on a handheld....

Mario Sonic Cockney Olympics - Wii

Prof Layton ds

bf3 and mw3 on pc.....

Hustle Kings on the ps3