What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

DreamcastRIP

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:28 am

greenberet79 wrote:Skyward Sword. Swish swish swoop weeeeeeeee!
Yep, that sounds about right... given that the game was designed to be able to be played by five year olds! :lol:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... ne-aonuma/
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:46 am

Still GTA IV. I think I'll be playing this and the expansions forever. Loads to do and that's not even counting the messing about with cars etc. outside of the missions. Think I'm going to get a guide though because there's no way I'm hunting out all 200 of those bloody pigeons! Only found 2 so far :oops:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:49 am

AmidstStorm wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:More GT5 this weekend, played quite a few B-Spec races - quite cool to have on the background whilst doing something else.

Played through Shadows of the Damned from start to finish, quite surprisied how short the game is. Really enjoyed the game though, it has it's faults but the game really has a unique design and a compelling story. Suda 51's games are always interesting.

Not sure what I'm going to get started on next.
I couldnt get into GT5.. was just let down after such a long wait and being such a massive fan of the series. Forza excites me more. Looking forward to getting 4 someday. But 3 is a long way off being finished.

After finishing Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Modern Warfare 3 and Uncharted 3 in quite quick succession, playing AC Revelations and taking my sweet time. It's the best in the series since II imo and im only half way through.
It's strange I bought GT5 expecting it to be very average considering the bashing it has recieved but I was pleasantly surprised how cool the game is. It does make you wonder where all that time they spent on the game went!! I've heard brilliant things about the new Forza, it looks technically stunning

sg1000

Post by sg1000 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Pilotwings on the snes, I'm addicted to listing to the password music screen :)

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:52 pm

STranger81 wrote:Sonic 4 and Gradius Rebirth. Both brilliant.
Sonic 4 is brilliant? Evidently we're playing a different game >_>

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Megamixer wrote:Still GTA IV. I think I'll be playing this and the expansions forever. Loads to do and that's not even counting the messing about with cars etc. outside of the missions. Think I'm going to get a guide though because there's no way I'm hunting out all 200 of those bloody pigeons! Only found 2 so far :oops:
I picked up the guide earlier this year for 99p from HMV. :D

never did get through the game though. im so easily distracted just as i was in Red Dead Redemption... oh look some herbs.... oh look a rabbit (kills rabbit) what was i doing again?

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:22 am

Freestyler wrote:
Mr.Saturn wrote:Just reading through this thread, there's so many recent titles to catch up on, it's un-censored-real.
Welcome to the real problem with Videogaming.

It's not Piracy, homogenisation, lack of ideas, casual family gaming, or anything else. It's that there are just too many games being released. We can't possibly play them all. Hell, even the most dedicated fan couldn't play 10% of the amount of games released each month, even if they were all free.

Something's gotta give.
Spot on Freestyler. Especially so for your typical working family man. Time is the enemy.

Eat your nans pants

Britpop95

Post by Britpop95 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 am

MW3 on the PS3 is surprisingly taking up a lot of my gaming time bearing in mind how close I came to knocking the series on the head after experiencing Black Ops.

Also stuck on PGA Tour 97 (Saturn) for a laugh the other day yet quickly realised that I had a lot of old skool fun playing it.
Into the Wonderful

Reglan

Post by Reglan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:12 am

New Super Mario Bros. on my DSi. Just about done with World 7 Going through the game as Luigi because he needs more love.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land with my two nieces and also solo on my own file on the Extra mode.

A little bit of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii. Picked it up when I got collector's edition of Skyward Sword. Why does fishing have to be such a pain?
sg1000 wrote:Pilotwings on the snes, I'm addicted to listing to the password music screen :)
That sucker has a spot on my MP3 player. Theme is godly.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:47 am

Rayman Origins for the PS3. A beauftiful 2D platformer, got lots of content as well by the looks of it. Its going to take quite a lot of time to get all the score/time trial medals for each level...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Still plugging away at GT5, enjoying the photo option on this game for some strange reason!!

Need to get back to Darksiders, I don't think I'm far off finishing it.

Think I'll start something a bit FPS after that.

Lord Innit

Post by Lord Innit » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:25 pm

sg1000 wrote:Pilotwings on the snes, I'm addicted to listing to the password music screen :)
I played the game today, to remind myself what the tune was.Now I've got it stuck in my head.
Other than that, I've been playing Circus Atari trying out some new paddles I got this week.

AmidstStorm

Post by AmidstStorm » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Just started Darksiders on the 360. After playing AC: Revelations for a few wks, it makes Darksiders look like a PS2 title, graphically and in controls/camera movements. It seems like a good hack/slash game so we shall see how it opens up. Can't be too bad for £8 really..

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Mario Kart R on the SNES. It's familiar yet strange, all at the same time. Only played it for about an hour though. Two reasons for that, firstly: my daughter wanted the TV and secondly , i can't find my nice SNES RGB scart cable and the TV doesn't like my 'cube RGB. The picture goes really, really, dark...and the composite picture, whilst being passable, eventually annoyed me. So it looks like picking a SNES specific one up from Rob Webb, if i can't find it soon.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Got quiet a few on at the moment:

360:

Red Faction Guerrilla
Battlefield: Bad Company 2(Multiplayer)
Fifa12

PC:

Gabriella Knight
Football Manager 2012