What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Dennoman

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Dennoman » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Arkham City on 360. It's finger lickin' good.

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

ewjim

Post by ewjim » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:34 pm

finished tin tin in under 4 hours. shame on you ubisoft. though the extra modes make up for a lack of substance. Only wanted to play it because i was a massive tin tin fan as a kid. did have some fun out of it but AVOID for £40
FEEL FREE TO ADD ME ON XBOX LIVE

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:56 pm

borrowed resistance 3 and deus ex off my brother,i was going to play resistance first but every time i tried to install the game info into my ps3 something went wrong and my ps3 made some really horrible noises.after a net search turns out there's a problem with the patches,you have to install the disc offline then go online and download the patches.i've started deus ex now so i'll continue with that first.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:12 pm

Saturn Loaded, Daytona CCE

PS1 Reloaded (shit3, tbh)

ps1 Metal Slug X
2015 NL East Division Champions.
2015 NL Championship Winners.
Let's Go Mets!

Spyke

Post by Spyke » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi,

On PC only at the moment:

Space Tripper
Half-Life 2

Ant :)
PAL PS2, GC+freeloader, PAL PS1 (Jp-import-chipped), Jp Sega Saturn, PAL DC
Sore thumbs

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:11 pm

Been playing Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.

Thoroughly enjoying it so far, the new Uranus Zone is a nice big interesting area, the tweaked story has me hooked and I'm loving all the little additions. Best of all is Sandbox mode though, that's totally awesome.

GREENHORN

Post by GREENHORN » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Just started Far Cry 2, any one else played it.

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Started trying to play Grand Theft Auto 4 for the third time this week.

It's my fault really. I played Saints Row 1 & 2 first, and because of that GTA4 just seems so breathtakingly DULL. Why does it seem to be so bloody po-faced all the time? I'm hoping to play it for a few hours to see if it opens up a bit more. As it is it's pretty dreary.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:59 pm

jcdentont1000 wrote:
ShadowNeku wrote:Deus Ex Invisible War.

Despite completing this on Xbox years ago i have very little memory of it. Thought id give it another go as a female and from the outset it does look very much simplified in comparison to Deus Ex 1. It doesnt "feel" as refined either.
ARRGGGHHHH hate this game, an abomination!
Hay!
There are a lot worse games like it about, its just not as good as the first, but still "ok"
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:50 am

Finished Ace Combat Assault Horizon this weekend, the last boss was suitably hard but I really enjoyed the game on a whole. My one critisism of the game is that it's a little short, but a fun ride whilst it lasted.

Started a proper playthrough of Uncharted 2, the dialogue is so well written - plenty of game companies should really take note. I'm getting sick of the generic shouty military based banter you get in so many games.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:53 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Started a proper playthrough of Uncharted 2, the dialogue is so well written - plenty of game companies should really take note. I'm getting sick of the generic shouty military based banter you get in so many games.
Its a fantastic game, you'll really like it :D So many great set pieces throughout the entire game, I can't wait to get Uncharted 3 next month.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:05 pm

DPrinny wrote:
jcdentont1000 wrote:
ShadowNeku wrote:Deus Ex Invisible War.

Despite completing this on Xbox years ago i have very little memory of it. Thought id give it another go as a female and from the outset it does look very much simplified in comparison to Deus Ex 1. It doesnt "feel" as refined either.
ARRGGGHHHH hate this game, an abomination!
Hay!
There are a lot worse games like it about, its just not as good as the first, but still "ok"
Indeed, as a standalone game its decent enough. Its just the fact that its a follow up to the first that leaves people so bitter.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:06 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Started a proper playthrough of Uncharted 2, the dialogue is so well written - plenty of game companies should really take note. I'm getting sick of the generic shouty military based banter you get in so many games.
Its a fantastic game, you'll really like it :D So many great set pieces throughout the entire game, I can't wait to get Uncharted 3 next month.
I've just finished the level with the helicopter and the train - the one that takes you back to the beginning of the game. Mate it's such much better than the original and I was a big fan of that game!! It's also stunningly beautiful, some of the views of the landscape when you get high up seem to stretch for miles and miles. Definitely going to keep an eye on 3.

Gibberish Driftwood

Post by Gibberish Driftwood » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:48 am

White night, a mod for Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Currently I am stuck at a place where you have to get thru a hole in the ceiling. Can't figure out how to get to it. :?
Ken sent me.
Do the Kirby dance: (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:31 pm

I chose the first game I set my eyes on: 18 Wheel Pro Trucker on the DC. Id forgotten it was so short.