What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Rayne

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Rayne » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:41 pm

Started playing through Resident Evil 4 'HD'

HD Remake my ass, it's just been upscaled. I'll admit it naturally looks a little better, but nowhere near as good as, say, the GOW remakes. That's disappointing :( that said, I'm having a blast playing through it once again :D although I would swear they've ramped the difficulty levels up, I'm struggling far more than I did on PS2/Wii

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:26 pm

More Tekken 5.

Still blown away by the graphics, it almost looks current gen apart from the slight dullness to the colours.

Still can't beat Devil Jin even on medium!

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:12 pm

RetroMartin wrote:
slof99 wrote:think top down view weapons of mass destruction and insanely difficult...for me at least lol and i paid the best price of all
cue adam sandler voice....FREEEEE!!!!!
gotta say im still on black ops multiplayer though
Yeah I'm playing that loads at the mo.

I'm assuming dead nation would be like the dead ops arcade mini game in black ops?
Yeah, sorry I was tired and not making much sense. It is quite similar to Dead Ops, but there's a lot more to it. You earn money as you kill zombies, find stashes etc, and you cfawn use this to buy and modify weapons rather than using power ups. There's also armour hidden around each level that you can find to updgrade your abilities a bit.

I don't think there's a demo available, but there should be some gameplay videos on Youtube.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:29 am

Resident Evil 4 HD. I miss the Wii's excellent accurate controls but other than that I still love this game. I still think it looks really nice even though its just an HD update of a last gen game, I've noticed a few frame rate hiccups (mainly when there is lots of action on screen at once) but otherwise its fine. Its also harder than I remember too, took me a couple of tries to beat the first chainsaw guy and not get blown up by those dynamite throwing nutters :lol:
I also gave the HD update of Code Veronica a quick try on my PS3 and am not sure what to make of it. Cutscenes look so-so at best now as they don't look like they have been given the HD treatment (like the GOW cutscenes in the Collection pack) and the animation on Claire is pretty laughable now at times but I do quite like the lighting/shadows at points, looks better than I remember it... Also Claire seems really strong now health wise, I got bitten loads by zombies and she was still "fine", quite the difference from the original RE where taking that kind of damage would have most likely killed you :?

Also progressing well with Catherine. Completed the Clocktower with the gold rating and I never want to see it again :lol: Its a right pain in the ass, stage 6-3 especially. Shouldn't be too difficult to complete the remainder of the levels if I remember correctly.

Rayne wrote:although I would swear they've ramped the difficulty levels up, I'm struggling far more than I did on PS2/Wii
So glad its not just me that noticed that, I just thought I had gotten rusty!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:31 am

zelda oot
or at least trying too
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:41 am

Ferret Oxide wrote:
RetroMartin wrote:
slof99 wrote:think top down view weapons of mass destruction and insanely difficult...for me at least lol and i paid the best price of all
cue adam sandler voice....FREEEEE!!!!!
gotta say im still on black ops multiplayer though
Yeah I'm playing that loads at the mo.

I'm assuming dead nation would be like the dead ops arcade mini game in black ops?
Yeah, sorry I was tired and not making much sense. It is quite similar to Dead Ops, but there's a lot more to it. You earn money as you kill zombies, find stashes etc, and you cfawn use this to buy and modify weapons rather than using power ups. There's also armour hidden around each level that you can find to updgrade your abilities a bit.

I don't think there's a demo available, but there should be some gameplay videos on Youtube.
Fair enough! I get bored of that kind of game too quick, it's ok if its a quick flash game but purchasing for essentially score attack style gaming (even if that isn't the main premise) would do my head in after a while!

PSN username - MartinPhantom

Riddler

Post by Riddler » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:57 am

Dantes Inferno,

I'm decending into hell. What a sick game, this one nearly passed me by.

slof99

Post by slof99 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:02 am

Riddler wrote:Dantes Inferno,

I'm decending into hell. What a sick game, this one nearly passed me by.
kinda heard poor mans god of war...never a bad thing and got kinda put off by how fast it went cheap
ps1 and ps3 games kids dvds and blurays all welcome

killbot

Post by killbot » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:08 am

Disaster: Day Of Crisis on the Wii. I'm also finishing off City Of The Daleks and Portal on the PC so that I can crack on with Oblivion.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:20 am

Rayne wrote:
Mootown wrote:Time to start Resistance 3.
Let me know how long it is please! If it clocks in at the same time as Killzone 3 then it'll be worth picking up :)

Today I plan to be playing Super Street Fighter IV
Not sure why but I played Space Marine instead, even though I have Resistance 3 and Gears 3 both sitting waiting to be played....

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Xbox360: Gears Of War 3
Gamecube - Sonic Mega Collection
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:39 am

Still Life on PC, still enjoying it although I've had to resort to looking at the walkthrough a couple of times, especially with the cookie making :oops:

I currently swearing at and losing my rag on the robot spider/laser beam room puzzle :lol:

Best 3 quid I've spent in a long time, and thanks to IronMaidenRule for sticking it on a DVD for me so I didn't go over my broadband allowance :D

I've got the sequel all installed and ready to go as soon as I finish.

Does anyone know anything about the first game in the series.. Post Mortem?? is it worth playing?? I reckon if it's half as good as Still Life I'll enjoy it.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Bodycount on the 360. Similar to Bulletstorm though the controls feel a little sluggish, not a bad game though!

RichL

Post by RichL » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Believe it or not, Gears of War 2.

necronom

Post by necronom » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Plants versus Zombies on the PS3. I've been playing it far too much the last two days.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V