What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

retrogamerdude

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by retrogamerdude » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:05 pm

GOW2 (360)
Mario Kart (DS)
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Mortal Kombat deception

The fighting is arse

The Puzzle game is good, (Not a patch on Puzzle fighter)

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Freestyler wrote:
SexyWayne wrote:If you homebrew enable your Wii you can use a cheat code program called Ocarina to enable a button press in place of the motion controls, I use my CCP with R for shake, Y for sprint and B to jump... really makes the game a lot more playable, it's a shame nobody has done the same for SMB Wii
Is this true about a lot of Wii games, or just this one?

So far I've only modded my Wii so I can install the games to a HDD. Mostly because I heard the Wii's number one fault problem are screwed drive rails, and it's my kids' main console. Does this Ocarina allow in-game cheats as well? Like a Game Genie?
AFAIK it allows for all sorts of cheats, inifinite energy, lives, weapons, ammo etc.. but tbh I only use it for the DKC button hack... Ocarina is built into USB LoaderGX, iirc you go into the option page for the game and point and click the Ocarina option and the Wii connects and downloads the latest cheatfile, then you just go into the setup page (the one where you select video modes, 002 fix, Alt Dols etc) and switch Ocarina to yes and then select the cheats/hacks you wanna use

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Mostly Mah Jong, Order of Escalisia and Great Giana Sisters on the DS.. Played Nightshade for a bit but far easier then I remember and has terrible camara Angles
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

llj

Post by llj » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:30 pm

I never got past the broken highway stage in Nightshade, which I believe is stage 10.

nesmaster

Post by nesmaster » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Gain Ground on the Mega Drive. Damn its hard, even in two player mode!
Xbox Live Gamer Tag:
SuperWarioMan

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:31 pm

Just got off of a Dead or Alive 2 session with my flatmates, which ended up lasting 5 hours. Having never played it before, being able to counter most moves and pre-empt what will be coming is a very funny feeling.
The pinnacle, however, was the last hour where two more flatmates got back from a party, half-cut and then proceeded to almost beat us >.>

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:25 am

SexyWayne wrote:AFAIK it allows for all sorts of cheats, inifinite energy, lives, weapons, ammo etc.. but tbh I only use it for the DKC button hack... Ocarina is built into USB LoaderGX, iirc you go into the option page for the game and point and click the Ocarina option and the Wii connects and downloads the latest cheatfile, then you just go into the setup page (the one where you select video modes, 002 fix, Alt Dols etc) and switch Ocarina to yes and then select the cheats/hacks you wanna use

Ooh excellent man, thanks for that!

I have a 7yr old that just likes to censored about on some games from time to time (without the added hassle of dying or running out of ammo! :lol: ) and so stuff that can enable a sort of "Keys to the City" mode like in Crackdown is very handy.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:06 am

Big cheers to whoever made a thread about Forget-Me-Not (Crunchy?); it stuck in my mind, and now I've got it on iPhone and PC. It's gloriously mental! Up there with Pacman and Doodlebug as far as maze games go. :)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Star Fox 64 3D. I've completed the "easy" path and have unlocked score attack mode which lets you replay any unlocked levels. Unlike the N64 version you can now either get a bronze, silver or gold medal on each mission. The gold medals have some insane kill quota's attached to them, way harder to do than the medals in the N64 version thats for sure!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:48 pm

In-between Shining Force III sessions on the Saturn, I'm loving 'Time Crisis' and 'Time Crisis Project Titan' on the PS1. I bought them because one of the light-guns I recently got in a Saturn joblot fits the PS1 too, but unfortunately these games don't work with that particular light-gun which is a shame. Even just having to use the controller, though, I'm bloody addicted! :)
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Deus Ex: HR, after playing for an hour and a half my brain has finally accepted that running around and shooting like a lunatic will get me absolutely nowhere!!!
Good game but finding it tough to start with.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Forza 3. Was only playing Forza 2 not long back. Forza 2 still looks nice but what a leap in performance! :D

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:02 pm

I played a bit of Pac Land and The Lost Sun Heart on the PC Engine today, I actually made my way through a few levels on Pac Land, I've not really given it much attention before and Sun Heart is an above average shoot em up with a fixation on eyeballs.
Splink!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:03 pm

felgekarp wrote:I played a bit of Pac Land and The Lost Sun Heart on the PC Engine today, I actually made my way through a few levels on Pac Land, I've not really given it much attention before and Sun Heart is an above average shoot em up with a fixation on eyeballs.
Ha ha, you did play Pacland! Respect!