What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:34 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Megamixer wrote: I have a feeling that Capcom didn't take into account how tough Apocalypse would be to beat before they removed the tag feature in the PS1 version. Only having the one character to take him on with is just broken.
Most likely. Marvel Super Heroes Vs SF for the Playstation has exactly the same problem, Cyber Akuma is a complete censored to beat! I dread to think what Onslaught is like on the Playstation version of MvC.
Bizarrely.
I beat him with ease.
With Morrigan

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Tyrian 2000, that I got off GOG.com for nowt, my favorite price :D
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:44 pm

The excellent Side Arms and rather fun Super Volleyball on the Turbografx

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Can't deny that slicing up ninjas into chunks is hella satisfying, but Bayonetta really clicked with me. It just seems to have its tongue firmly in cheek, and the camera feels a lot better. Could do without instakill QTEs mind, however easy they are.

Still, looking forward to NG3 for sure. :)
Yeah the QTE's i found a little annoying. Theres too many action games that use them now and i just see it as a cheap way of trying to add interactivity to a cutscene. Bayonetta used them better than many others though.

However, that said i was hyped for Ninja Gaiden 3 too but this gameplay footage concerns me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojx9O-ry8BY

The game seems to be absolutely littered with QTE's! Having to press square or triangle at nearly every other enemy to cut through them, the ultimate techniques teleporting to kill randomised enemies seems very disorientating and the little moments trying to diversify the action like the kunai climb and gliding seem unnecessary and just slow down the action.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

retrogamerdude

Post by retrogamerdude » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (360)
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:48 am

DPrinny wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
Megamixer wrote: I have a feeling that Capcom didn't take into account how tough Apocalypse would be to beat before they removed the tag feature in the PS1 version. Only having the one character to take him on with is just broken.
Most likely. Marvel Super Heroes Vs SF for the Playstation has exactly the same problem, Cyber Akuma is a complete censored to beat! I dread to think what Onslaught is like on the Playstation version of MvC.
Bizarrely.
I beat him with ease.
With Morrigan
I did too. First time I faced him, I got a perfect KO with Morrigan. If I remember rightly though, I'm sure I got to use both of my characters in that boss fight so maybe the tag limitations are slightly different in the PS1 version of MvC compared to the older PS1 Vs games.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:55 pm

DUNNO LOL

Alien attack handheld thing.

Its censored
no really it is

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:39 am

Killer 7

What is this I don't even... :shock:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:09 am

Neo turf masters (NGP)

Damn I cocked up one hole and just lost interest

llj

Post by llj » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:34 am

Sel Feena wrote:Killer 7

What is this I don't even... :shock:
:lol:
There is nothing you can do but to succumb.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Started Duke Nukem Forever last night. The gameplay is very average and the load times irritating but I'm enjoying the humour and Duke's quips. The opening bathroom stage for instance is hilarious - messing about with pissing, the hand dryers and flinging a turd at the wall. Priceless.

My favourite one-liner so far has to be "Eat Sh*t and die" :lol: .

Not an amazing game but if you're easily amused by toilet humour (as I seem to be) then the funny stuff balances out the underwhelming gunplay.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

giss

Post by giss » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:17 pm

have a bunch of balls in the air as usual (is that even a saying in english? oh well...)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
I dont know why, but I don't like Ocarina of Time as much as everyone else seems to. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game I just don't find it... brilliant. Maybe it's the fact that it doesn't have a nostalgia factor but I never seem to finish it before I get bored of it all.

Bastion (PC)
Alright little indie game. Loving the narrator.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC)
It's quite fun but I never make the most out of these openended games - it always turns into a massacre when I play. Feels very polished but I find the mouse movement a bit... sloggy. Mouse acceleration? Not sure.

Terraria (PC)
Started a new char and new world since I haven't played the latest version. Just slayed the Destroyer of Worlds.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:18 pm

My copy of Deus Ex is still sitting unopened next to my TV. The reason? Two of them.

Age of Zombies on the iPhone. Great game, been playing it on and off all week. Cheap and cheerful but with great graphics, great sounds, great humour.. Spiritual successor to Duke Nukem if ever I've seen one. How I missed it for so long I don't know, but possibly already up on my favourite ever games.

Inazume Eleven on the DS. I shouldn't like this...but somehow, it's entranced me. The RPG elements are pretty simple fair enough, and the constant football battles are an irritant after a while (when you play the rugby club 5 times in 5 minutes it gets silly), but when the game gets going and you get used to the football controls...wow. Best 22 quid I've spent in some time!

And of course my VGA'd up Dreamcast is still taking up so much of my time too. Another brilliant investment!

roboplegic

Post by roboplegic » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:33 am

Mostly been playing...

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC) - I've always been a big fan of the series, so had to buy this upon release. Not too far in at the moment.
Rift (PC) - I used to be one of those horrible WoW players. I quit that an now I'm a horrible Rift player. I can't seem to get away from MMOs.

After having to selling off a lot of my retro gaming gear a few years back, I've started to build my collection again. From these I've been playing...

NiGHTs Into Dreams... (SEGA Saturn) - Bought a Saturn recently at a carboot for £3, so I had to get this brilliant game. Managed to find a PAL version of it on Ebay being bundled with a white Jap 3D Controller.
Sonic Adventure 2 (SEGA Dreamcast) - Also got a Dreamcast recently after my old one died. Always loved this cheesy game, and just had to start carrying around a VMU again with my Chao on it!
Columns (SEGA Megadrive) - For some reason, I constantly play this.

I'm playing a few other titles at the moment via emulation, but these are the main ones!
Systems Currently Owned
SEGA Megadrive 2, SEGA Dreamcast (x2), SEGA Saturn PAL
Nintendo Gameboy Color, Nintendo N64, Nintendo Wii
Microsoft Xbox (x2 XBMC), Microsoft Xbox 360
Sony PSP Fat (Custom Firmware), Sony Playstation 2

stejay

Post by stejay » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:15 am

Kinda playing Pokemon Gold again, as well as Resident Evil 2