What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

C=Style

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by C=Style » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:20 pm

I now have 32gb of space to play with on my PSP :D The read/write speed of the Photofast Pro Duo adapter with Transcend SDHC cards inside is pretty crazy, I'd say nearly twice the speed of my 4gb Sony MagicGate Pro Duo. Highly recommend it.

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Dead Nation, playing on Grim setting and it's pretty tough but a lot of fun! Gonna have to start putting some thought into my strategy, running around like a lunatic charging at 20 zombies in one go is not working out! :D

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:21 pm

theantmeister wrote:
dste wrote:Started playing Metal Arms: Glitch in the System on the Cube yesterday.

So far I've completed the first three levels and have been enjoying playing it.
Metal Arms is a great game. I played it loads at a friend's house years ago and I've only just picked up a copy on the PS2 for myself. Must get around to playing it sometime.
I also finally played Metal Arms recently, really enjoyed it. I thought the graphics and difficulty were a little inconsistant but couldn't really fault it otherwise.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Judgement Silversword (WonderSwan Color)
Megaroids (iOS)
Sega Rally Online Arcade (PS3)
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:55 am

Found a disc copy of Bejeweled Blitz (a.k.a the Facebook version with the timer and therefore an actual challenge) in the supermarket the other day so have been playing quite a bit of that (it's highly addictive).

The only problem I have is that I installed it on my laptop and ten minutes into playing the game, my lappy crashes with the blue screen of 'serious error' before resetting. Happens every time with the game. It's not a problem because I can un-install it then use it on my 'main' PC but I'm still curious as to why it's happening...any takers? :lol:

Also playing a lot of Ray Tracers (PS1), Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (PS3) and Tekken Dark Resurrection (PSP).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

GamingWeston

Post by GamingWeston » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:06 am

I'm currently playing "Dude and Zombies", an oldschool-style zombie game by Kongregate.
My own handpicked collection of flash games: Free Online Flash Games

necronom

Post by necronom » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:08 am

sscott wrote:Dead Nation, playing on Grim setting and it's pretty tough but a lot of fun! Gonna have to start putting some thought into my strategy, running around like a lunatic charging at 20 zombies in one go is not working out! :D
I really enjoyed it.

I played it on Grim first and almost got stuck at the end of the Graveyard level. When I played it on Morbid (the next one up), I managed that slightly quicker (you get to keep your armour from the previous plays), but almost got stuck at the last chackpoint of the game.

I found the flamethrower (slowing down hoards of zombies) and shocker (easily kill lots of soldier zombies) to be very useful. The blade cannon is great for killing masses of them when it's upgraded a bit.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:53 am

Replaying Wind Waker. I still don't get why people hate the sailing so much. So relaxing....
It's called a MEGADRIVE

mrmarvelxiii

Post by mrmarvelxiii » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:05 am

Dunjohn wrote:Replaying Wind Waker. I still don't get why people hate the sailing so much. So relaxing....
I loved sailing around in that game, it was so much fun exploring all the little islands. It gave the game a real sense of journey, in a away that even OoT didn't achieve.
Chazz it up!!!

crusto

Post by crusto » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:49 pm

mrmarvelxiii wrote:
Dunjohn wrote:Replaying Wind Waker. I still don't get why people hate the sailing so much. So relaxing....
I loved sailing around in that game, it was so much fun exploring all the little islands. It gave the game a real sense of journey, in a away that even OoT didn't achieve.
I loved the sailing too, especially when I got randomly attacked by some huge octopus type monster, it turned into a lovely little battle. I had another go at it recently but it had been so long since the last play I had absolutely no idea where to go/what to do. I started outside a dungeon entrance but couldn't work out how to get in. I tried everything. So moved on and got no clues from elsewhere as to what to do. I gave up eventually :( .

Next time I play it, ill probably start from scratch. Unless someone on here can bail me out of trouble...

Eat your nans pants

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Been playing some great games, first up Alice Madness Returns 360, difficulty has well and truly spiked on this, the combat is getting pretty intense, bastard teapots.... though it's a great game, gorgeous looking too. Also been working on Forza 3 getting my driver level up again, now at about lvl 14, things are more interesting now I'm driving some of the more powerful RWD cars.

A lot of my time has been spent messing about with the PSP too, :D I've been trying out loads of obscure PS1 games, the Macross games, Star Ixiom, Starblade Alpha, Kings Field 1-3 and course playing Soukyugurentai (even though it is the inferior PS1 version) on the go is pure WIN. Also really impressed with Gran Turismo, lot of reviews slated the game for having no career mode but there's a ton of content regardless, loads of cars to colect (gotta catch 'em all), lot's of challenges, and the most important thing is the actual racing is spot on, plus the replays are genuinly a joy to watch (something Forza needs to work on).

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:59 am

crusto wrote:
mrmarvelxiii wrote:
I loved the sailing too, especially when I got randomly attacked by some huge octopus type monster, it turned into a lovely little battle. I had another go at it recently but it had been so long since the last play I had absolutely no idea where to go/what to do. I started outside a dungeon entrance but couldn't work out how to get in. I tried everything. So moved on and got no clues from elsewhere as to what to do. I gave up eventually :( .

Next time I play it, ill probably start from scratch. Unless someone on here can bail me out of trouble...
I learned a long time ago never to start playing an RPG in the middle of the save file after a long break :) Which dungeon was it? What was stopping you from getting in?
It's called a MEGADRIVE

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:15 am

mrmarvelxiii wrote:
I still to this day call this Zelda: The Wind WALKER. It just sounds right. Waker just doesn't compute in my brain cells. :lol:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:02 pm

Played some more Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, using Guile for the first time in any SF game. Considering I'm usually crap with charge characters, I played quite well with him. Also beat the arcade mode without continuing as Cammy. Not a massive achievement but I always tend to lose against at least one opponent (usually cheap-ass Seth).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

necronom

Post by necronom » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:35 pm

Freestyler wrote:
mrmarvelxiii wrote:
I still to this day call this Zelda: The Wind WALKER. It just sounds right. Waker just doesn't compute in my brain cells. :lol:
Same here. Every time I read it in RG I read it as Walker, then have to correct myself and say the totally daft sounding Waker.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V