What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

martin8777

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by martin8777 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:46 am

Currently playing Midwinter 2: Flames of Freedom. Awesome game.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Megamixer wrote:
djcarlos wrote:You can't delete this thread!

I started it and it's gone over 800 pages, even EAK's massively long thread is still here.....don't do this to me!!!!!

My crowning glory! Going....because of some whiny moaning about whether we should discuss new games or not.

You maniacs! You're destroying it all!

Why God, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....................................................... :cry:
Justice has been served and democracy prevailed so no more worries :wink: :lol:

Anyway, nearly finished Destroy All Humans on PS2. Pondering whether to go after all the probes or not. I've got around 95-99% of them from each area (apart from the farm where I have them all) but after exhaustive searching, I can't find the rest :( . Will probably just move onto the sequel instead.
Ok, ok, maybe "maniacs" was a little harsh, in hindsight :oops:

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Megadrive - Truxton

Jaguar - Worms

Lynx - Rampart

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Uridium II on Amiga, I've said it before but I'll say it again anyway, this game is a total classic. It's get's pretty tough further into the game but when you master certain ships it's really satisfying and additive. The title tune music is so good too.

Lotus II on Amiga, out of it's own particular genre of that time which saw many copycats making similar games, I still think this is the best one. The Top Gear games are ok on SNES and add more variety to the gameplay but I think with Lotus II the actual racing is so much better, the superior Amiga hardware allows it to run so smooth and unlike console ports of Super Hang On it's actually fully controllable and way more instinctive to play so you don't keep smashing into trackside objects all the time.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Top Gear and Lotus are both excellent. Play Lotus 3 the most, not keen on some of the tracks on that one mind. Loved the music though, the opening was very cinematic.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Which what are you currently playing thread is the right one??

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:43 pm

I think we should keep suing this one as the other one was from the Next Gen forum that is no more.

Mootown- I wanted to ask you about the Skate series as I know you're right into it. I was looking at getting one and I'm stuck between Skate 2 and 3? Which one is better overall? Cheers

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:52 pm

I've just been giving the new Mortal Kombat demo a couple of playthroughs. Its very good, even though I've only had quick go's with Scorpion and Subzero I can already tell this beats the crap out of all the MK games released since UMK3.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

dste

Post by dste » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Went back to play some more Zack and Wiki last night and got onto a right bar steward level, think it might take some attempts to get past.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Warioland 4 (GBA) and MarioKart Wii (only just got back to redoing all the cups and Time Trials from when my Wii was nicked last year) Dunno why, just felt like it :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:22 pm

C=Style wrote:Uridium II on Amiga, I've said it before but I'll say it again anyway, this game is a total classic. It's get's pretty tough further into the game but when you master certain ships it's really satisfying and additive. The title tune music is so good too.
Too right! I got the demo with Amiga Format. I don't think any demo disk got as much attention as this.

I played through X:Men arcade on Extreme difficulty. Infinite credits kind of takes away the challenge, though.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Dirge of Cerberus on PS2. Ok it is set in FFVII and that is the only reason I am playing it. The story seems a bit duff and the gameplay is poor, poor until you set the targetting to fully manual. The cursor becomes a lot smaller and the game far more satisfying. It isn't brilliant, just a solid shooting game, albiet a basic one.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:50 pm

dste wrote:Went back to play some more Zack and Wiki last night and got onto a right bar steward level, think it might take some attempts to get past.
Didn't involve positioning mirrors on one of the icy winter levels did it? That level was such a headache.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:46 pm

On Deadly Premonition (360) right now, never realised it would be such a time-consumptive type of game, yet it still is hazily kind of stumblingly brilliant. :)
nokgod wrote:Warioland 4 (GBA)
Warioland 4 is ace. :D

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:59 am

Wow Torchlight on XBLA is well addictive. Once you sit down to play it you just can't tear yourself away! I can now see what the hook was with the Diablo games.