What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

HalcyonDaze00

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Black-Ops online.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:10 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:Black-Ops online.
Same. It's quite good, isn't it?
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Megamixer wrote: Most of the levels are very well paced with a set number of enemies. Some levels have loads of enemies but they're at least a finite number. The final level has a room where you need to destroy some bunkers at the end but until you do, a seemingly endless stream of shotgun blokes and RPG wielders keep re-spawning. I'd love to be proven wrong but the enemy onslaught never seemed to end. Best way to do it is to just blow the bunkers as quickly as possible.

Made the above text ^^^ white in case it was too much of a spoiler :)
I read it anyway as Im not playing it for the plot etc. It will be an interesting one to get too, im at level 4 of 8 at the moment and will try to do that one later. Another thing I like about it is the checkpoints are nicely spaced. At times I was in a desperate state trying to to die and it kept the challenge strong. Too many checkpoints on most FPS.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Sky Blazer
Enjoying it at first, but then came the pit falls and moving platforms that only come out when they want

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Iridis Alpha.

Chatting to Jeff at the weekend, I suggested I used to be not too bad at it and its long been a favourite from his back catalogue. At the time, I couldn't get to grips with it until a mate showed me something and I tried again, then it all clicked into place.

I'm now determined to do that again and have it as playable as it once was, if only because Yak himself conceded he'd made it a bit on the hard side. I'm sure I could do reasonably well at it then so it'd be nice to know I still can.

NB: I am only slightly starstruck ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:58 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:
Just a bit :D

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:00 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:
Just a bit :D
I just got a supply crate with Rolling Thunder, and the game score limit got reached. Bastard! :lol:
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Pokemon HeatGold - I'm lost! I've beat Team Rocket under the house, Caught the Red Gyrados, Beat the Ice Gym, what do I do next? :oops:

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:05 pm

allstars racing still
and grandia
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Been playing quite a bit recently. I have to say this year has been stunning for games, in fact I think it's been one of the best years I can ever remember having in terms of top video gaming pleasure. So good to see Sonic back on top form too.

GoldenEye Wii - Not taken it online but I'm enjoying the single player, I've replayed so many levels just learning different ways to play the game, it's outstanding in that sense. I love the stealth aspect, I love the additional objectives based on difficulty (something FPS games STILL haven't adapted since the original N64 game) I love the weapons, I always have loved silenced guns (and head shots) and this game does it as good as any other. After what I'd say took a good few hours I've managed to get a control system with the wiimote/nunchuck that is very maneuverable and it feels tight. What a game!

Sonic Colours Wii - Sonic is back, loving this so much but also been distracted by the DS version, this is without doubt the best 3D SOnic game I've ever played. IGN gave it 85/100, which should tell you something considering what they gave the original Sonic Adventure re-release on XBLA a few weeks back, not that I care what IGN think. Sonic fans are gonna love this (though people will still moan about something I'm sure)

Sonic Colours DS - It's like Sonic Rush, with out all the frustrating bits like running into enemies you cannot see and insta-deaths from falling of ledges. The extra powers and abilities give this game a wonderful bit of depth. This is one of the best 2D Sonic games ever made imo, I really liked Sonic 4, but this is sooo much more like it. Though it is, again still very much like Rush, so if you hated that series then you may not like it.

NintendoLegend

Post by NintendoLegend » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Currently playing NES games (as always!) including Chubby Cherub, Willow, Little Nemo in Dreamland, Double Dragon II, and others...
Nintendo Legend -- one retro gamer's quest to play and review every NTSC-region NES game!

My favorite retro-gaming shirt -- "Pipe Dreams"

Pssst: Use promo code “NLegend” at J2Games.com for 20% off! New titles, classic carts, whatever!

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:54 pm

snowkatt wrote: and grandia
Grandia is simply amazing. Completed it 3 times and I will no doubt do it again. Wonderful in every aspect in proved the Game Arts were a 1 hit wonder. Nothing else they did ever came close to this.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

retromania

Post by retromania » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Playing god of war ghost of Sparta on the psp
it's really good
I've been getting back into the psp recently I forgot how good it can be

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Black Ops. Super fun!

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:22 pm

Virtua Striker 2 emulated on Demul. I have waited for many, many decades for this, to finally play it on PC, ever since it came out in '99. You can only play as Japan and it crashes frequently but when it plays, DAMN, its arcade perfect.